LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CTRN Set Review Thread

+7
TerrorSky
Seattleite
DIGITAL
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
EMSOUP
Anime Girl References
Ash
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CTRN Set Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: CTRN Set Review Thread

Post by DIGITAL Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:54 am

Card Reviews:

Earthly Celestial of Material World currently requires a discard. I recommend "you can discard".

Fanged Land Frog's second effect is too much the way it is worded. I'd recommend maybe requiring a discard to flip f/d.

Swan Dragon should be fine as is.

Ultimate Lightning Dragon Attack's last effect is too much. just the banish is fine.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Illgresi Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:39 am

Revised Exoskeleton Eater

Exoskeleton Eater|??|????|Insect/Synchro/Effect|Earth|6||2300|2100|1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters During your Draw Phase, if you draw an Insect-Type monster, you can reveal that card to send 1 Insect-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.|
Illgresi
Illgresi

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 am

Also, Ash, which buffs are you considering allowing from the Buff/Nerf/Erra section?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:16 am

|Shock Field|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Field|||Once per turn, if a monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can send 1 Thunder or Machine-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard instead.|

I think Shock Field would be more of a Cont. Spell Card than a Field.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:19 am

|Call of Cthulhu|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Activate this card if your opponent controls 3 or more spells or traps; destroy all spell and trap cards on the field. You can discard 1 card Add 1 monster with 1300 or less ATK from your Graveyard to your hand.|
Is this card a dual-effect? when does the 2nd effect activate?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:39 am

Can you Special Summon the destroyed Dark Matter Absorber with it's second effect since it's effect activates when it's Grave'd with equipped Xyz Materials? That would mean it would be kind of like it had a Persist effect and it could come back one more time.

Thought it was kinda cool.

Let Them Eat Cake
* I would suggest that the Cake Tokens be unusable in Tribute and Xyz Summons since giving them two Cake Tokens would allow them to summon a Rank 1.

Warphole Windraft
* Like a better, more easy-to-control version of my Twister's Killzone. I'm thinking of changing mine to a different effect so there's no set redundancy.

Foolish Judgment
* I kind of do agree with the others that I don't "get" this card. Is it just to disrupt chain-effects or just to hit the opponent for a quick 800 burn with an opportunity to draw 2?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:Can you Special Summon the destroyed Dark Matter Absorber with it's second effect since it's effect activates when it's Grave'd with equipped Xyz Materials? That would mean it would be kind of like it had a Persist effect and it could come back one more time.
It only targets the previous Xyz materials.

Thought it was kinda cool.
Thanks =)

Let Them Eat Cake
* I would suggest that the Cake Tokens be unusable in Tribute and Xyz Summons since giving them two Cake Tokens would allow them to summon a Rank 1.
Except with Gift to the TKN, Tokens cannot be used in Xyz summons by ruling.

Warphole Windraft
* Like a better, more easy-to-control version of my Twister's Killzone. I'm thinking of changing mine to a different effect so there's no set redundancy.
But yours is more offensive, you can bounce their stuff and banish it instead. Mine is only for the player's cards.

Foolish Judgment
* I kind of do agree with the others that I don't "get" this card. Is it just to disrupt chain-effects or just to hit the opponent for a quick 800 burn with an opportunity to draw 2?
You use it with cards like And Then Everybody Died, The End. When you have too much counter traps or need to set off one of them, you use Foolish Judgment to regain advantage. The burn effect is just additional to that.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:|Shock Field|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Field|||Once per turn, if a monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can send 1 Thunder or Machine-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard instead.|

I think Shock Field would be more of a Cont. Spell Card than a Field.
I agree:

|Shock Field|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous|||Once per turn, if a monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can send 1 Thunder or Machine-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard instead.|

Call of Cthuhlu change:

|Call of Cthulhu|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Activate this card if your opponent controls 3 or more spells or traps; destroy all spell and trap cards on the field. If you destroy 2 or more trap cards; You can discard 1 card: Add 1 monster with 1300 or less ATK from your Graveyard to your hand.|
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Dimension Hazing
* Does it activate more than once per turn, and include your own monsters you Normal/Special summon?

Burning Camael RK4 & 7
* "Any battle damage inflicted to your opponent is increased by 400/700"

card grammar error
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:Dimension Hazing
* Does it activate more than once per turn, and include your own monsters you Normal/Special summon?

Burning Camael RK4 & 7
* "Any battle damage inflicted to your opponent is increased by 400/700"

card grammar error
 nope look at Heatwave valley and it's Battle damage manipulation effect
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:48 pm

2 level 4 monsters. Any battle damage inflicts to your opponent increased by 400.
to

2 level 4 monsters. Any battle damage inflicted to your opponent is increased by 400.
i was just fixing a few grammar errors I mean not revising the effect
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Fixed Effects 

|Burning Camael RK 4|0|CTRN|Fairy/Xyz/Effect|Fire|4|1700|1800|2 level 4 monsters. Any battle damage inflicted to your opponent is increased by 400. During your next Standby Phase after this card destroyed 2 monsters (either by battle or card effect); You can Xyz Summon "Burning Camael RK 7" from your Extra Deck using this card as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to this card also become Xyz Materials of that monster.) When this card attacks or is attacked: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; until the End Phase, conduct Damage Calculation using this card's ATK and an opponent's monster's DEF.|

|Burning Camael RK 7|0|CTRN|Fairy/Xyz/Effect|Fire|7|2600|1800|3 Level 7 monsters. Any battle damage inflicted to your opponent is increased by 700. While this card has "Burning Camael Rk4" as any of its Materials and it is the only Material, during either player's Battle Phase, when an opponent's monster effect is activated; negate that activation, and if you do and it is activated from your opponent's hand or Graveyard, inflict 700 damage to your opponent otherwise, that monster loses 700 ATK and DEF.|
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:00 pm

|Union Platform Factory|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous|||Once per turn: You can activate one of those effects. -:Add 1 Union monster from your Deck, then discard 1 card. -:target 1 face-up monster you control; equip 1 Union monster from your hand to that target.|
Personally I think that adding "The Union Monster cannot be Special Summoned this turn" would be an additionally okay effect to prevent multiple Union Platform Factories from getting Level 8 Unions and allowing them to un-equip immediately after being equipped to the monster.

and for Call of Ctulhu, would there be any teensy weensy way it could support Lord of R'lyeh - Cthulu? the card needs more love.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Gaia, the Terra Kaiser
* Is Gaia supposed to also change itself to face-up Defense Position and prevent it's position change?

Zephyrus, the Air Kaiser
* Is it supposed to send itself to the hand/extra deck? and with this card's effect, monsters returned to your own hand can't be discarded due to the hand limit size?

Yami, the Shadow Kaiser
*"Then if exactly 10 cards had been banished by this card's effect: Reduce both players Life Points to 100."
** If you use 4 monsters to Synchro Summon this card, and it's effect activates as soon as it's Summoned, how are you going to banish 10 cards with this effect since the field at the time of it's Synchro Summon would be Yami, another monster, and possibly 5 monsters on your opponent's side of the field?

Helan, the Magma Prince
and
Platt, the Tectonic Prince
and
Augusto, the Gust Prince
and
Delgar, the Shadow Prince
and
Jack, the Frost Prince
and
Hayseus, the Bright Prince
* for it's "You can treat this card as 2 monsters for the Synchro Summon of an X Synchro monster." is it treated as 2 Level 7 monsters? or 1 Level 7 monster + 1 Level 0 monster?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:05 pm

|Hoplon Shield|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Select 1 face-up monster: it is changed to Defense Position and cannot be destroyed during this turn.|
If a card effect changes a monster's position, are you able to change it back to attack-position, or does the card effect use up your opportunity to change it's position?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:11 pm

you get 1 manual position switch per turn on any monster that hasn't been summoned on the current turn or for a monster that has attacked. so yeah, if a monster hasn't been summoned on the current turn and you hoplon it, you can then change it back to atk
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Seattleite wrote:
You use it with cards like And Then Everybody Died, The End. When you have too much counter traps or need to set off one of them, you use Foolish Judgment to regain advantage. The burn effect is just additional to that.
[/quote]Wow, I made that card and didn't even think to use it for that, I'm dumb.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:
|Union Platform Factory|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous|||Once per turn: You can activate one of those effects. -:Add 1 Union monster from your Deck, then discard 1 card. -:target 1 face-up monster you control; equip 1 Union monster from your hand to that target.|
Personally I think that adding "The Union Monster cannot be Special Summoned this turn" would be an additionally okay effect to prevent multiple Union Platform Factories from getting Level 8 Unions and allowing them to un-equip immediately after being equipped to the monster.

and for Call of Ctulhu, would there be any teensy weensy way it could support Lord of R'lyeh - Cthulu? the card needs more love.
quite reasonable.

Revised Effect: 
|Union Platform Factory|0|CTRN|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous|||Once per turn: You can activate one of those effects. -:Add 1 Union monster from your Deck, then discard 1 card. -:target 1 face-up monster you control; equip 1 Union monster from your hand to that target, and if you do, that Union monster cannot be Special Summoned this turn.|
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Ash wrote:
EMSOUP's Submissions:
Next episode - Ash bashes WereLord's cards, doesn't give fucks. 
Air date - whenever he can sift through all that card text.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:19 am

Ahahahah, guess I'll have to rework a lot of things. And I guess I'll change the silvers to be more interesting.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:22 am

This space is reserved for my reviews of TerrorSky, DFB, and Scheath's cards.

Scheath:
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 am

Burning Camael RK7

During your next Standby Phase after this card destroyed 2 monsters (either by battle or card effect); You can Xyz Summon "Burning Camael RK 7" from your Extra Deck using this card as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to this card also become Xyz Materials of that monster.

to

If this card has destroyed 2 or more monsters (either by battle or card effect); You can Xyz Summon "Burning Camael RK 7" from your Extra Deck using this card as the Xyz Material during your Standby Phase. (Xyz Materials attached to this card also become Xyz Materials of that monster.)

That way you can destroy them whenever and don't miss the phase it would be summoned.

my mistake, RK4
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 am

As I've always done with comments, not sure why people can't grasp that about me. If something is said, there's a very good chance I will take it at face value. That's why I get into arguments all the time on here. It's not like this is new behavior for me.
How about you get the fuck off the internet?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:37 am

...what.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:58 am

. wrote:This space is reserved for my reviews of TerrorSky, DFB, and Scheath's cards.

Scheath:
Revision: 

|Burning Camael RK 4|0|CTRN|Fairy/Xyz/Effect|Fire|4|1700|1800|2 level 4 monsters. Any battle damage inflicted to your opponent is increased by 400. If this card has destroyed 2 or more monsters (either by battle or card effect); You can Xyz Summon "Burning Camael RK 7" from your Extra Deck using this card as the Xyz Material during your Standby Phase. (Xyz Materials attached to this card also become Xyz Materials of that monster.) When this card attacks or is attacked: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; until the End Phase, conduct Damage Calculation using this card's ATK and an opponent's monster's DEF.|

changed to DH's suggested phrase for Cameal's rank up's requirement. 

|Hell Hero Barbatos RK 8|0|CTRN|Fiend/Xyz/Effect|Wind|8||3100|1700|4 Level 8 monsters. When this card is Xyz Summoned using "Hell Hero Barbatos RK 6" as any of its Xyz materials: All monsters your opponent controls lose 800 ATK. Your opponent cannot activate any cards or effects that would increase or decrease ATK and/or DEF. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; increase this card's ATK equal to to the difference between each of your opponent's monster's current and original ATKs, then this card can battle with each of those monsters once this turn.|

added "of your opponent monster" in its last effect

Last edited by Scheath666 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next