Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Anime Girl References on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:30 am

|Apophis, Elder of Annihilation|???|???|Reptile/Fusion/Effect|FIRE|8||3000|2500|The Fusion Material monsters for this card are any three Reptile-type monsters (you do not use Polymerization, but instead remove from play the fusion material from your hand or field). When this card is Summoned, you can pay 1000 Life Points. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, negate the effects of all other face-up Effect monsters on the field.|

|Legendary Serpent Nidhogg|???|???|Reptile/Effect|WATER|6||2500|1200|If your opponent destroys a Reptile-type monster and sends it to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card from your hand (if a Reptile-type monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card after the battle is resolved).|

|Legendary Serpent Marilith|???|???|Reptile/Effect|DARK|6||2000|2700|This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play up to 3 Reptile-type monsters in your Graveyard from play. This card can attack a number of the opponent's monsters equal to the amount of Reptile-type monsters removed by this card's effect. When your opponent declares an attack on this card, you can change this card to Defense Position.|

|Legendary Serpent Ningishzida|???|???|Reptile/Effect|EARTH|6||2400|1200|When this card is Tribute Summoned, destroy 1 card on the field. If you used a Reptile-type monster as a tribute for this card, the card zone of the destroyed card can no longer be used.|
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Seattleite on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:26 am

Apophis is meh, fusions are better here but seems alright.

Nidhogg has a little too much ATK for the meta.

Marilith needs more of a requirement, like min. of 2 reptiles removed.

Ningishzida is alright.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Anime Girl References on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:44 am

Seattleite wrote:Apophis is meh, fusions are better here but seems alright.

Nidhogg has a little too much ATK for the meta.

Marilith needs more of a requirement, like min. of 2 reptiles removed.

Ningishzida is alright.

On Marilith, why? Is attacking once for removing 1 Reptile that bad? that's as low as you can possibly go. And If I went "1 or more" then it would turn into an absurd Chimeratech thing where you eat your entire graveyard when in reality you can at most kill 5 monsters (if no searchers are involved).


I made a fix on Apophis but I lost it.

...Define Meta. There is almost no meta here that I can see.
|Legendary Serpent Nidhogg|???|???|Reptile/Effect|WATER|6||2450|1200|If your opponent destroys a Reptile-type monster and sends it to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card from your hand (if a Reptile-type monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card after the battle is resolved).|
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Seattleite on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:

On Marilith, why? Is attacking once for removing 1 Reptile that bad? that's as low as you can possibly go. And If I went "1 or more" then it would turn into an absurd Chimeratech thing where you eat your entire graveyard when in reality you can at most kill 5 monsters (if no searchers are involved).

Well, I meant remove 2-3 monsters (keeping the max. you had), but 2000 ATK (/2700 DEF while being attacked) is too high for just 1 grave removal


I made a fix on Apophis but I lost it.

...Define Meta. There is almost no meta here that I can see.
|Legendary Serpent Nidhogg|???|???|Reptile/Effect|WATER|6||2450|1200|If your opponent destroys a Reptile-type monster and sends it to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card from your hand (if a Reptile-type monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card after the battle is resolved).|

The quick answer is too easy swarm w/ too much ATK. We want to make Greater ATK mean less powerful effects / swarming capability, and vice-versa. That's just the way this Meta is.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Anime Girl References on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Seattleite wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:

On Marilith, why? Is attacking once for removing 1 Reptile that bad? that's as low as you can possibly go. And If I went "1 or more" then it would turn into an absurd Chimeratech thing where you eat your entire graveyard when in reality you can at most kill 5 monsters (if no searchers are involved).

Well, I meant remove 2-3 monsters (keeping the max. you had), but 2000 ATK (/2700 DEF while being attacked) is too high for just 1 grave removal


I made a fix on Apophis but I lost it.

...Define Meta. There is almost no meta here that I can see.
|Legendary Serpent Nidhogg|???|???|Reptile/Effect|WATER|6||2450|1200|If your opponent destroys a Reptile-type monster and sends it to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card from your hand (if a Reptile-type monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon this card after the battle is resolved).|

The quick answer is too easy swarm w/ too much ATK. We want to make Greater ATK mean less powerful effects / swarming capability, and vice-versa. That's just the way this Meta is.


The word you are looking for is median or par/standard/basic/norm/, not meta. Meta is defining the gameplay within the gameplay, not how to balance the cards against each other. That's the reason I was confused.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:50 am

Well, I meant remove 2-3 monsters (keeping the max. you had), but 2000 ATK (/2700 DEF while being attacked) is too high for just 1 grave removal

Flash Phoenix only took 1 monster too?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Seattleite on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:11 am

Flash Phoenix is limited now. And if it turns out that that's not enough, we will do something else to it.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Seattleite wrote:Flash Phoenix is limited now. And if it turns out that that's not enough, we will do something else to it.

Use a condom

Is it really that powerful?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Seattleite on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:Flash Phoenix is limited now. And if it turns out that that's not enough, we will do something else to it.

Use a condom

Is it really that powerful?

In Flashwinds at least, it's deadly D:
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Seattleite wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:Flash Phoenix is limited now. And if it turns out that that's not enough, we will do something else to it.

Use a condom

Is it really that powerful?

In Flashwinds at least, it's deadly D:

Only in Flashwinds? Then it sounds normal then. I request a game against said deck.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Seattleite on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:Flash Phoenix is limited now. And if it turns out that that's not enough, we will do something else to it.

Use a condom

Is it really that powerful?

In Flashwinds at least, it's deadly D:

Only in Flashwinds? Then it sounds normal then. I request a game against said deck.

Flashes probably too, but I don't remember playing against them...
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Seattleite wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:Flash Phoenix is limited now. And if it turns out that that's not enough, we will do something else to it.

Use a condom

Is it really that powerful?

In Flashwinds at least, it's deadly D:

Only in Flashwinds? Then it sounds normal then. I request a game against said deck.

Flashes probably too, but I don't remember playing against them...

Doesn't only Aquamarius run them? and I am the only one running Zombies?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Seattleite on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:28 am

Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:Flash Phoenix is limited now. And if it turns out that that's not enough, we will do something else to it.

Use a condom

Is it really that powerful?

In Flashwinds at least, it's deadly D:

Only in Flashwinds? Then it sounds normal then. I request a game against said deck.

Flashes probably too, but I don't remember playing against them...

Doesn't only Aquamarius run them? and I am the only one running Zombies?

I run zombies too. Aquamarius is the only one w/ flashwinds.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Anime Girl References on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Seattleite wrote:I run zombies too. Aquamarius is the only one w/ flashwinds.

Want to hear something funny? I don't think Flashwinds is overpowered at all. I think they work at the highest possible standard of power that is allowed in this game, only pushing the limits a little bit. Flash Phoenix seems hellishly overbearing in this CCG here by being a Level 7 that's only worth 1 removal of a Flash monster and able to fuel the Graveyard to insane levels. But normally to me, if it just increased it's removal to 2 monsters instead of one it would be a perfectly fine card.

I have scoured through a lot of the cards in the YVD file and found some very mediocre cards with forgettable effects. Because they are not my cards I didn't dare suggest revisions for them and just ignored them for now. There's around 800+ cards in this game, right? I have only seen a handful that see regular play or are regarded as metacards or cards worth sticking into the deck. One thing you can do is rebuild old forgotten cards into better forms, improving on them so that instead of pumping out another set of cards that are better versions of forgotten cards, you just improve on the forgotten ones and bring them up to par with some of the above-average cards.

So far the best deck there is (from what you guys have told me) is Flashwind. Rather than ripping it to pieces to make it meager and down to earth to some of the other decks, perhaps you should try and make your decks stronger as well? There are going to be times where people make a deck than can outperform other decks it plays against due to circumstances in gameplay. Perhaps the cards can outspeed the opponents. Perhaps they survive longer. Perhaps they are more consistent than other decks and spend less time waiting for things to happen. Perhaps they run a big monster capable of fixing problems and dealing damage.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Seattleite on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:
Seattleite wrote:I run zombies too. Aquamarius is the only one w/ flashwinds.

Want to hear something funny? I don't think Flashwinds is overpowered at all. I think they work at the highest possible standard of power that is allowed in this game, only pushing the limits a little bit. Flash Phoenix seems hellishly overbearing in this CCG here by being a Level 7 that's only worth 1 removal of a Flash monster and able to fuel the Graveyard to insane levels. But normally to me, if it just increased it's removal to 2 monsters instead of one it would be a perfectly fine card. Possibly, but limiting the card was just offered by Aqua so I took it, since he's the man with the deck Wink Still, they did push the limit, a little too rapidly for anything to keep up

I have scoured through a lot of the cards in the YVD file and found some very mediocre cards with forgettable effects. Because they are not my cards I didn't dare suggest revisions for them and just ignored them for now. There's around 800+ cards in this game, right? I have only seen a handful that see regular play or are regarded as metacards or cards worth sticking into the deck. One thing you can do is rebuild old forgotten cards into better forms, improving on them so that instead of pumping out another set of cards that are better versions of forgotten cards, you just improve on the forgotten ones and bring them up to par with some of the above-average cards. No offense but I think that's an overstatement. Lots of cards are useful but haven't been bothered to be put to use by anyone yet. I try to make a lot of those kinds of decks and they are usually just 1 card creation from being viable.

So far the best deck there is (from what you guys have told me) is Flashwind. Rather than ripping it to pieces to make it meager and down to earth to some of the other decks, perhaps you should try and make your decks stronger as well? There are going to be times where people make a deck than can outperform other decks it plays against due to circumstances in gameplay. Perhaps the cards can outspeed the opponents. Perhaps they survive longer. Perhaps they are more consistent than other decks and spend less time waiting for things to happen. Perhaps they run a big monster capable of fixing problems and dealing damage. Simply put, it's easier to fix a few cards rather than 800 Razz Although I do somewhat agree with you they should provide competition, they aren't getting off easy.

But yeah, like you said there is definitely a sort of rock-paper-scissors thing that goes on in the CCG. Some have advantages over others, but unfortunately not enough testing to make an algorithm or anything Razz Flashwinds may have a weakness but we haven't found one yet.. at least not without loading your deck with Graveyard-lockers or anti-meta.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS Empty Re: Because there are no BIG REPTILE MONSTAS

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum