LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravity Archetype w/General Support

4 posters

Go down

Gravity Archetype w/General Support Empty Gravity Archetype w/General Support

Post by AsianGuy1137 Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules without being aware of it by posting this. If I am, please let me know immediately so I don't get labeled as that guy. Anyway, while I was busy in my studies trying to solve the first world's problem (boredom and too much money/free time, none of that world hunger liberal propaganda) I had an epiphany. So you know how Konami loves to make cards that alter levels and how like none of them are ever played (like 90% of the cards printed, but whatevs, the tree population is too high anyway)? What if there was an archetype that actually manipulated those monster levels for effects and such? That might actually make so many of those cards playable to an extent. Not sure if that's applicable over here, but without further rambling...

-| Gravity Archetype |-

- Focus -
- Manipulating monster Levels for effects
- Sending to Graveyard (not destroying)
- Banishing own destroyed monsters

Gravity Construct
Machine/Effect | Earth | 4 | 1400 | 1800
When this card is Normal Summoned, increase the Level of all monsters you control by 1. When this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Gravity” monster from your Deck and banish this card.

Gravity Soldier
Machine/Effect | Earth | 4 | 1500 | 1800
Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with a Level that is less than or equal to this card’s Level and send it to the Graveyard. Each time a monster is sent to the Graveyard by this effect, increase this card’s Level by 1. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. If this card is destroyed, banish it.

Gravity Manipulator
Machine/Effect | Earth | 4 | 1000 |1900
When this card is Summoned, you can add 1 “Gravity” card except “Gravity Manipulator” from your Deck to your hand. During each of your Standby Phases, increase the Level of 1 face-up monster you control by 2. If this card is destroyed, banish it.

Gravity Sentinel
Machine/Effect | Earth | 3 | 0 | 2100
When this card is Summoned, it is switched to Defense Position. During each of your Standby Phases, increase this card's Level by 1. Monsters your opponent controls with a Level that is less than this card's Level cannot declare attacks. If this card is destroyed, banish it.

Gravity Enforcer
Machine/Effect | Earth | 3 | 1000 | 800
When this card is Summoned, increase its Level by 1 for each monster on the field. During each of your Standby Phases, increase this card's Level by 1. If this card's Level is higher than the Level of every monster your opponent controls, this card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage, send 1 card on the field to the Graveyard.

Gravity Golem
Machine/Effect | Earth | 6 | 2400 | 1800
You can banish 1 “Gravity” monster you control to Special Summon this card from your hand. During each of your Standby Phases, increase this card’s Level by 2 for each monster you control. If another "Gravity" monster you control would be destroyed, decrease this monster's Level by 4 instead. When this card is destroyed, banish it and add 1 of your banished “Gravity” monsters to your hand.

Gravity Accelerator
Spell | Normal
Reduce the Level of 1 “Gravity” monster you control by 6 (min. 1 Level). Draw 2 cards.

Gravity Shockwave
Spell | Normal
Activate only if you control a face-up "Gravity" monster. Reduce the Level of monsters you control by sets of 4. For every 4 Levels lowered, send 1 card on the field to the Graveyard.

Gravity Recharge
Spell | Normal
Add 1 of your banished “Gravity” monsters to your hand.

Gravity Force
Spell | Equip
Double the Level of 1 monster you control and increase its ATK by 100 x its Level. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.

Gravity Collapse
Spell | Normal
Activate only if you control a "Gravity" monster. Reduce the Level of 1 monster your opponent controls by 4 and increase the Level of 1 monster you control by 4. If the Level of a monster is reduced to 0 by this effect, send it to the Graveyard.

Gravity Hole
Trap | Normal
When your opponent Summons a monster(s) with a Level that is less than a face-up “Gravity” monster you control, send it to the Graveyard.

Gravity Guardian
Machine/XYZ/Effect | Earth | Rank 6 | 1800 | 2500
2 Level 6 “Gravity” monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 XYZ material from this card to send 1 card on the Field to the Graveyard.

-| General Support |-

|Re-Target|0|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Activate only when a card's effect that targets it activated. Pay 1500 Life Points. Treat the card's effect as your card effect.|0|

|Underworld Seal|1|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Until your next Main Phase 1, neither player can Special Summon or resolve card effects from the Graveyard.|0|

|Defensive Strategics|2|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||Activate only if you control 1 face-up monster when your opponent declares an attack. Negate the attack, gain Life Points equal to the attacking monster's ATK, and draw 1 card.|0|

|Offensive Strategics|3|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||Select 1 face-up monster you control. The selected monster gains ATK equals to its DEF. When the selected monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards. If the selected monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, draw 1 card. These effects last until the End Phase.|0|

|Lifeforce Shield|4|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Select up to any number of cards on the Field. Pay 500 Life Points for each card selected and draw 1 card. Until the end Phase, the selected cards cannot be destroyed or removed from the Field by card effects.|0|

|Reparation|5|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||When this card is sent to the Graveyard, draw 1 card and gain 1000 Life Points.|0|

|Pot of Deadly Greed|6|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Pay 2000 Life Points. Draw 2 cards. Your opponent draws 1 card. You cannot Special Summon during the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Deadly Greed" per turn.|0|

|Miraculous Revival|7|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Pay 2000 Life Points. Special Summon 1 Monster from either player's Graveyard. It is unaffected by your opponent's card effects for this turn. You cannot Special Summon any other Monster this turn.|0|

|Espionage Strategics|8|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||Pay 1000 Life Points. Select 2 cards in your opponent's hand and reveal them. Send 1 of the selected cards to the Graveyard.|0|

|Support Recharge|9|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Select 4 cards in either player's Graveyard and shuffle them into their respective owner's Deck. Draw 1 card.|0|

|Reanimation|10|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Pay 1000 Life Points. Special Summon 1 Monster in your Graveyard. During the End Phase, remove it from play.|0|

|Forbidden Necromancy|11|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Send the top 5 cards of your Deck to your Graveyard. Special Summon 1 Zombie-type Monster in your Graveyard or draw 1 card.|0|

|Synchro Deflection|13|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Counter|||Negate the effect of a card that targets a Synchro Monster you control and destroy 1 card your opponent controls.|0|

|Negation Counter|14|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Counter|||Negate the activation of an effect that would negate a card effect and destroy it. You can discard 1 card to return this card to your hand.|0|

Last edited by AsianGuy1137 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:04 am; edited 11 times in total
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Gravity Archetype w/General Support Empty Re: Gravity Archetype w/General Support

Post by Seattleite Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi and welcome to the LCCG. You're not breaking any rules but we hope you give us a little intro of yourself Smile also be sure to see our chatbox where there's a lot of activity.

I can review your cards later when I have access to an actual keyboard Very Happy
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Gravity Archetype w/General Support Empty Re: Gravity Archetype w/General Support

Post by AsianGuy1137 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks for the reply! I've been looking through the cards on here and I can tell mine are broken in comparison. The support cards were made for a fanfic so I'll probably get rid of them. I want to do anything I can to save the archetype while still making it competitive.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:35 pm

AsianGuy1137 wrote:I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules without being aware of it by posting this. If I am, please let me know immediately so I don't get labeled as that guy. Anyway, while I was busy in my studies trying to solve the first world's problem (boredom and too much money/free time, none of that world hunger liberal propaganda) I had an epiphany. So you know how Konami loves to make cards that alter levels and how like none of them are ever played (like 90% of the cards printed, but whatevs, the tree population is too high anyway)? What if there was an archetype that actually manipulated those monster levels for effects and such? That might actually make so many of those cards playable to an extent. Not sure if that's applicable over here, but without further rambling...

-| Gravity Archetype |-

- Focus -
- Manipulating monster Levels for effects
- Sending to Graveyard (not destroying)
- Banishing own destroyed monsters

Gravity Construct
Machine/Effect | Earth | 4 | 1500 | 1800
When this card is Normal Summoned, increase the Level of all monsters you control by 1. When this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Gravity” monster from your Deck and banish this card.

Simple level modulation and recruiter. Fine imo.

Gravity Soldier
Machine/Effect | Earth | 4 | 1600 | 1800
Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with a Level that is less than or equal to this card’s Level and send it to the Graveyard. Each time a monster is sent to the Graveyard by this effect, increase this card’s Level by 1 and ATK by 400. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. If this card is destroyed, banish it.

Pop opponents monster for free and turn it into a beatstick for doing so? Not sure if it's very good card design

Gravity Manipulator
If you control a face-up “Gravity” monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can add 1 “Gravity” card except “Gravity Manipulator” from your Deck to your hand. During each of your Standby Phases, increase the Level of 1 face-up monster you control by 2. If this card is destroyed, banish it.

So, you summon Soldier, pop a monster, SS this, search and Xyz a Rank 4 for a +1? Not sure if just good or plain OP'd.

Just picked up on that after posting. +2 if you pop a monster with Soldier but no Xyz, +0 if you Xyz on account of not using Soldier's effect. I think it still seems OP'd though.

Gravity Sentinel
Machine/Effect | Earth | 3 | 0 | 2000
When this card is Summoned, it is switched to Defense Position. Your opponent’s monsters must attack this monster if possible. If this monster battles with a monster with a Level that is less than or equal to this card’s Level, send the monster to the Graveyard without applying damage calculation. Each time this monster battles, increase its Level by 1 at the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is destroyed, banish it.

It's just a wall. I don't see how this really brings anything good to the Archetype apart from some kind of stun variant.

Gravity Golem
Machine/Effect | Earth | 6 | 2400 | 1800
You can banish 1 “Gravity” monster you control to Special Summon this card from your hand. During each of your Standby Phases, increase this card’s Level by 2 for each monster you control. If your opponent Summons a monster, you can reduce this card’s Level by the Level of the Summoned monster to send the monster to the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed, banish it and add 1 of your banished “Gravity” monsters to your hand.

So the banishing does serve a purpose. Aside from being an SS'able beater, it doesn't look all too impressive, but the fact it's a floater is helpful.

Gravity Accelerator
Spell Card | Normal
Reduce the Level of 1 “Gravity” monster you control by 6 (min. 1). Draw 2 cards.

Not sure why the "(min. 1)" is there. Seems ok, considering you need to set up to make this card live.

Gravity Shockwave
Spell Card | Quick-Play
Destroy 1 “Gravity” monster you control and send two cards on the Field to the Graveyard.

How do we make an even more OP'd version of Offerings to the Snake Deity? We make it a quick-play. I'd personally say no to this, I don't really want to see this kind of field control around.

Gravity Recharge
Spell Card | Normal
Add 1 of your banished “Gravity” monsters to your hand.

Looks fine to me.

Gravity Force
Spell Card | Normal
Activate only if you control a “Gravity” monster. Reduce the Level(s) of face-up monsters you control by any amount. Send face-up monsters on the field whose total Levels are equal to that amount to the Graveyard.

Seems pretty strong mid-late game. Though I suppose it being mainly 1-4-1 removal may not be recieved too well by most. For the record, I think it's fine.

Gravity Hole
Trap Card | Normal
When your opponent Summons a monster(s) with a Level that is less than a face-up “Gravity” monster you control, send it to the Graveyard.

Fine imo.

Gravity Guardian
Machine/XYZ/Effect | Earth | Rank 6 | 1800 | 2400
2 Level 6 or higher “Gravity” monsters
You can detach 1 XYZ material from this card to send 1 card on the Field to the Graveyard.

Seems kinda weak. Reverse the stats? So you can put out a boss that won't be beaten over by regular first turn summons.

-| General Support |-

|Re-Target|0|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Activate only when a card's effect that targets it activated. Pay 1500 Life Points. Treat the card's effect as your card effect.|0|

Situational and not that good.

|Underworld Seal|1|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Until your next Main Phase 1, neither player can Special Summon or resolve card effects from the Graveyard.|0|

|Defensive Strategics|2|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||Activate only if you control 1 face-up monster when your opponent declares an attack. Negate the attack, gain Life Points equal to the attacking monster's ATK, and draw 1 card.|0|

|Offensive Strategics|3|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||Select 1 face-up monster you control. The selected monster gains ATK equals to its DEF. When the selected monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards. If the selected monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, draw 1 card. These effects last until the End Phase.|0|

Pretty OP'd imo. It turns almost any monster into a beatstick capable of netting easy advantage.

|Lifeforce Shield|4|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Select up to any number of cards on the Field. Pay 500 Life Points for each card selected and draw 1 card. Until the end Phase, the selected cards cannot be destroyed or removed from the Field by card effects.|0|

It's odd in the sense that it can both help secure OTKs and Defend from them. I kinda like it, but I'm sure Seattleite could find a way to abuse this in one of his control decks.

|Reparation|5|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||When this card is sent to the Graveyard, draw 1 card and gain 1000 Life Points.|0|

Absolutely fine.

|Pot of Deadly Greed|6|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Pay 2000 Life Points. Draw 2 cards. Your opponent draws 1 card. You cannot Special Summon during the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Deadly Greed" per turn.|0|

Undecided on this one. I'll get back to you.

|Miraculous Revival|7|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Pay 2000 Life Points. Special Summon 1 Monster from either player's Graveyard. It is unaffected by your opponent's card effects for this turn. You cannot Special Summon any other Monster this turn.|0|

Reborn that provides the monster with protection. Broke.

|Espionage Strategics|8|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||Pay 1000 Life Points. Select 2 cards in your opponent's hand and reveal them. Send 1 of the selected cards to the Graveyard.|0|

It's like Confiscation, only chainable and (imo) just as broke.

|Support Recharge|9|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Select 4 cards in either player's Graveyard and shuffle them into their respective owner's Deck. Draw 1 card.|0|

Looks quite good imo, reminds me of The Transmigration Prophecy. Messing with opponents Grave set-up is fun.

|Reanimation|10|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Pay 1000 Life Points. Special Summon 1 Monster in your Graveyard. During the End Phase, remove it from play.|0|

It just feels like a broke card to me. I'd also rather not see such simple generic revival, or what seems to be forced Staples.

|Forbidden Necromancy|11|GSC|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||Send the top 5 cards of your Deck to your Graveyard. Special Summon 1 Zombie-type Monster in your Graveyard or draw 1 card.|0|

Completely broke.

|Synchro Deflection|13|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Counter|||Negate the effect of a card that targets a Synchro Monster you control and destroy 1 card your opponent controls.|0|

Again situational but a little easier to pull of. I think it's ok.

|Negation Counter|14|GSC|Trap Card|Trap||Counter|||Negate the activation of an effect that would negate a card effect and destroy it. You can discard 1 card to return this card to your hand.|0|

Making self returning Traps has always been a problem with me. I know it's just a glorified Counter Counter, but recycling things with so little effort doesn't strike me as good card design.

I know I missed some, but it's 7:35 am and I haven't slept at all. Sleep
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:39 pm

aking self returning Traps has always been a problem with me. I know it's just a glorified Counter Counter, but recycling things with so little effort doesn't strike me as good card design.
good card design? explain this thing.

and concerning this card...

Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, then Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, then Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, then Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, then Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, etc.

You forgot to add the name exclusion to the effect.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Why do you insist on making me use my brain when I've had no sleep. e_e

Good card design, cards that aren't inherently broken, maintains player-interaction, doesn't break any basic rules of yugioh or how it's played, doesn't give the player an insane advantage just for using it, doesn't promote or facilitate loops, etc.

There's more but brain hurting, me sleepy, need caffeine.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks for the comments!

Gravity Soldier
Machine/Effect | Earth | 4 | 1600 | 1800
Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with a Level that is less than or equal to this card’s Level and send it to the Graveyard. Each time a monster is sent to the Graveyard by this effect, increase this card’s Level by 1 and ATK by 400. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. If this card is destroyed, banish it.
Pop opponents monster for free and turn it into a beatstick for doing so? Not sure if it's very good card design
The first card I was worried about because of the +1. Although to be fair, in the current OCG, there are inzekter, Wind-up Hand Destruction and all kinds of crazy combos. I was mainly inspired by a card called Otyugh from an online card game called Elements. It's one of the main cards I'd like to leave unaltered, except for maybe taking down the ATK boost.

Gravity Manipulator
If you control a face-up “Gravity” monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can add 1 “Gravity” card except “Gravity Manipulator” from your Deck to your hand. During each of your Standby Phases, increase the Level of 1 face-up monster you control by 2. If this card is destroyed, banish it.
So, you summon Soldier, pop a monster, SS this, search and Xyz a Rank 4 for a +1? Not sure if just good or plain OP'd.

Just picked up on that after posting. +2 if you pop a monster with Soldier but no Xyz, +0 if you Xyz on account of not using Soldier's effect. I think it still seems OP'd though.
This card is definitely abusable especially with Construct and Recharge. Maybe take away the SS clause and add a, this card can only be used for the XYZ Summon of a "Gravity" monster.

Gravity Sentinel
Machine/Effect | Earth | 3 | 0 | 2000
When this card is Summoned, it is switched to Defense Position. Your opponent’s monsters must attack this monster if possible. If this monster battles with a monster with a Level that is less than or equal to this card’s Level, send the monster to the Graveyard without applying damage calculation. Each time this monster battles, increase its Level by 1 at the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is destroyed, banish it.
It's just a wall. I don't see how this really brings anything good to the Archetype apart from some kind of stun variant.
Yeah, this is actually the last card of the archetype to be designed. I ran out of ideas and got lazy. Might be scrapped over reworked.

Gravity Shockwave
Spell Card | Quick-Play
Destroy 1 “Gravity” monster you control and send two cards on the Field to the Graveyard.
How do we make an even more OP'd version of Offerings to the Snake Deity? We make it a quick-play. I'd personally say no to this, I don't really want to see this kind of field control around.
Hey, at least it doesn't have a gemini spark kinda effect that pretty much guarantees you'll never be short on targets right? (Although gemini spark does tribute as a cost). How about I change the effect to: When a "Gravity" monster is destroyed/banished, send one/two card(s) to the Graveyard? I know there's a Scrap Destruction card so I'm leaning towards Banish + send 1 or destroy + send 2.

Gravity Guardian
Machine/XYZ/Effect | Earth | Rank 6 | 1800 | 2400
2 Level 6 or higher “Gravity” monsters
You can detach 1 XYZ material from this card to send 1 card on the Field to the Graveyard.
Seems kinda weak. Reverse the stats? So you can put out a boss that won't be beaten over by regular first turn summons.
This is almost like Arcanite Magician, but reversed. If you can pull off the summon without any interference, it almost guarantees an instant + 1. I'm not quite sure how the CCG runs compared to the OCG so I'm not sure what the stats should be to make it more balanced.

Situational and not that good.
I'm really not sure about this one. On the one hand, there are plenty of cards out there that target in the OCG like CED, D-Prison, G Spark, Icarus Attack, BLS, Chaos Sorcerer, Ryko, Monster Reborn, MST, etc... In which case, it can generate a + 1 at a very negligible LP cost (unless LP gets grinded down faster on here than OCG). Then again, I'm still not sure how common or versatile targeting effects are.

Pretty OP'd imo. It turns almost any monster into a beatstick capable of netting easy advantage.
Yeah, I agree completely. Almost guaranteed +1. In which case, remove the S/T bypass or Draw effect?

It's odd in the sense that it can both help secure OTKs and Defend from them. I kinda like it, but I'm sure Seattleite could find a way to abuse this in one of his control decks.
I personally love this card. It nets you a +1 and is very abusable most of the time. I'm thinking of taking out the draw 1 card eff just cuz the advantage would be unfair considering how this card will almost never be a dead draw.

Undecided on this one. I'll get back to you.
Now that I've playtested it using my own custom decks, I can say that this card adds unbelievable consistency to decks. Most draw engines net you a 0 or +1 advantage at the cost of using pre-existing cards (e.g. trade-in for zero net or Karakuri Anatomy for +1) but this card lets you conserve deck space and only have 1 card for a draw engine as opposed to 2 or more even if it gives you a total 0 net advantage. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I made this, I think it should go.

Making self returning Traps has always been a problem with me. I know it's just a glorified Counter Counter, but recycling things with so little effort doesn't strike me as good card design.
Only difference is Counter Counter will never be used. This card has potential against any negation effect. Main thing I can think of right now is Stardust, but I'm sure there's plenty more. Made this card a while back when Shi En was still raping everyone.

I know I missed some, but it's 7:35 am and I haven't slept at all.
I understand perfectly. I've gone without sleep for days at a time cramming for classes. Besides, you only missed Underworld Seal, which is godly against current OCG meta, and Defensive Strategics which is a more usable Defense Draw/Waboku hybrid of sorts. I won't mind letting Underworld Seal go but Defensive Strategics is something I've cherished mostly because there's no good defense cards in yugioh that net you neutral advantage.

Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, then Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, then Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, then Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, then Discard 1 Negation Counter to add 1 Negation Counter to your hand, etc.

You forgot to add the name exclusion to the effect.
Lol, noted. I'll be sure to correct that later.

Also, are there are a lot negation cards on CCG? If so, I can understand why the recycling would be bad. If not, well, I am a noob at making cards so could you care to elaborate why exactly the recycling loop is bad card design?
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Also, are there are a lot negation cards on CCG? If so, I can understand why the recycling would be bad. If not, well, I am a noob at making cards so could you care to elaborate why exactly the recycling loop is bad card design?

The cards effect doesn't benefit at all from readding itself to the hand for an infinite amount of times, but some effects that benefit from cards being discarded (there are a ton of "If a card is discarded from the hand..." effects), traps being recovered or cards entering the graveyard can use this card recycling loop indefinitely. It enables a very very easy-to-use infinite loop that would cause future cards being made to Red Alert this card to make sure it doesn't trigger an FTK or OTK, or have cards currently in existence use this loop to cause an infinite amount of problems, such as OTKs and what not.

And for it excluding itself from the discard cost to be added to the hand,
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm

Wait, so are you directly referring to the part about not excluding itself or just loops (not infinite self-looping) in general? I understand why you'd want to take away the looping with itself which I've acknowledged as a slight oversight on my part, but I was wondering if having the ability to return itself to hand is inherently bad card design.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:16 am

returning itself back to the hand isn't bad, as long as being able to run 3 copies of said card in the same deck isn't going to unbalance the game.

It would be like If I made a recurring Sakuretsu Armor. Although the effect is very lackluster, being able to use it every single turn or repeatedly and never truly lose the card, it could cause for some problems with future card creation since there are very few cards that can outdo such a useful effect, and it would eliminate the usefulness of some other cards entirely since having 3 of these would be the only attack protection you would ever need.

for the card, a negation negator that can return at will, would make it extremely good at it's job when run at more than 1, because you have one ready to negate while the other cooled down. It's very easy and simple to fulfill the effects needed to get the card back.

In general though the card wouldn't be a problem at all, just make it exclude the ability to discard a card with the same name.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:24 am

Gravity Construct is fine still.

Soldier is still one I'm unsure of, it's a pure, undisguised +1. Maybe lower ATK may make it seem less threatening.

Manipulator, I've only just noticed it can tutor all Gravity cards. It's a self-SS'ing Gadget that seemingly has been taking steroids. I'd prefer if it couldn't Special Summon itself.

I'm still not sure what Sentinel brings to the archetype, it's just stall. Perhaps you could explain, because I'm not really seeing it.

Golem seems better now for some reason. Manipulator into Golem, banish Manipulator and recycle Manipulator when it dies to grab Golem again.

Accelerator is a good draw engine, but it seems an awful lot easier to pull off now that my mind is a bit clearer. There's the above Manipulator->Golem play that makes this live turn 1, though it seems any after that will be dead for a turn or so. I'd like to see this in action to see how easy it is to make use of tbqh.

Shockwave seems more balanced now imo.

Recharge. Idk what to think about this now, seeing as how I understand the Archetype more now. A sacky hand can lead to completely vomiting your hand on to the field. Feels kinda broke, but if Manipulator can't SS itself, this seems less OP'd. :/

Force seems like it'll turn into a basic Archetype only 1-4-1 removal card. I don't think I have any problems with that.

Gravity Hole is fine imo.

When I first saw it, I thought it had a "Once per turn" clause. Now knowing it hasn't, it seems like it should. Also, Xyz monsters take monsters of the same level in all cases, having "Level 6 or higher", just feels wrong to me.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 am

Remove the SS clause for Manipulator. Sentinel is stall, mostly to protect Gravity Soldier I guess. Accelerator can't be used on Golem as Golem needs at least 1 Level (hence the min. 1). Add the Once per turn clause to the XYZ. Okay, think that covers everything. Thanks for the feedback.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 am

Ah, that's what the "min. 1" meant. Seems like that could be worded better though.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 am

Probably, but that's how the text is when concerned with counters and levels (max. 1 for Breaker for example). I changed Golem's text to make it a defender (prevent destruction) and added a Gravity Enforcer. It's weak, but comboed with Gravity Force and Sentinel might be on the broken side.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down