LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced Fusion Art

5 posters

Go down

Advanced Fusion Art Empty Advanced Fusion Art

Post by Seattleite Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Discard 1 card to activate this card. Select 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. Send 1 Fusion Material Monster from your hand or field to the Graveyard, then send the remaining Fusion Material Monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard. Then Fusion Summon the selected Fusion Monster.

This + Abyss of the Primordial Lifeform practically negates the cost and provides ridiculous access to attribute fusions.

I don't think limiting would do much good, since it's searchable and recyclable. Here is a proposed nerf:

Discard 1 card to activate this card. Select 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. Send 1 Fusion Material Monster from your deck to the Graveyard, then send the remaining Fusion Material Monsters from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard. Then Fusion Summon the selected Fusion Monster. You cannot summon other monsters the turn you activate this card.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Advanced Fusion Art Empty Re: Advanced Fusion Art

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:21 pm

works for me
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:39 pm

last clause isn't needed imo. with the nerfed effect, it's hard to maintain hand advantage enough even with abyss. Without abyss out, the original can at least set up the graveyard by -2/3ing your hand(and also getting out a fusion). With the nerfed effect, it murders your hand(-3/4 to hand) and still blocks your summon to boot. I think the You cannot summon other monsters the turn you activate this card. is adequate.

It prevents advanced fusion art -> Solar Emperor -> ss Yurlungur from hand -> another Emperor/something else ->Chernobog plays(given if you have exactly 1 monster in grave and you discard all monsters on advanced fusion art).

The actual culprit is abyss imo. Let's see it this way. If it's face-up on the field, it negates the cost of a fusion either by SENDing a card from the field to the grave(but thankfully the effect is mandatory, so no first turn shenanigans. still, sending get over a lot of stuffs.) or that but with an added benefit of adding one of the fusion material to the hand. It turns fusing a 3 materials attribute summon with advanced fusion art(a heavily nerfed card), to a ROTA for almost any monster(Except WATER monsters, but i'm sure in the future someone will made a 3 materials attribute fusion with WATER material.).

The only problem of Advanced Fusion Art without Abyss is imo its ability to set up the grave quickly. but, with the disadvantageous nature of the card itself, it's not that big of a deal.

bottomline: imo the nerf is too heavy since it would only be playable if Abyss is on the field, Advanced Fusion Art without Abyss is almost fine, Abyss is the one who need the hammer.

all my opinion on this.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Sorry for double posting, but with the advent of new shenanigans with ancient shadow of chaos and fleshless heretic, I support for this to be at 0 (Ash and Werelord already decided to ban it). now let's see other opinions on this matter.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 pm

I think it should be banned. It Advanced Ritual Art worked well because it was for Ritual Monsters, but making a Fusion Monster version has shown that it takes what is fundamentally difficult for Ritual Monsters away, and then makes it absurdly easy to summon.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 pm

i think what balances Advanced Fusion Art (aside for being a Ritual Support), is the fact that it needs Normal Monsters as the dumping target. and yeah, seems that converting one card to do another job may turns out to be a bit risky.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:10 pm

except ritual art still isn't balanced
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Ritual Arts is balanced, except the fact that it thins the deck out of vanillas(that you put the intentionally), and the stuffs it can get out (Demise, i'm looking at you.)

still, broken or not, ARA cannot be compared to AFA.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down