LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lexicon, Force of Retribution

2 posters

Go down

I'm working on a new "Hidden Data" Synchro monster, one based off of Omega the Follower's memory. Which monster should it be similar to?

Lexicon, Force of Retribution Vote_lcap0%Lexicon, Force of Retribution Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lexicon, Force of Retribution Vote_lcap0%Lexicon, Force of Retribution Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Lexicon, Force of Retribution Empty Lexicon, Force of Retribution

Post by Dragonmonarch1052 Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:24 am

These are just a few random card ideas I came up some time ago, during my work on the upcoming third set of "Hidden Data" cards. Feel free to have a look.

1. Lexicon, Force of Retribution (Fairy/Dark Level 10 ATK: 2000 DEF:2000)
This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can Special Summon this card by removing from play two Fairy-type monsters on your side of the field and one Fairy-type monster in your hand when your opponent attacks a Fairy-type monster you control. If you Summon this card that way, its original ATK and DEF become 4000. You can reduce this card's ATK by 1000 to negate the activation of a card effect that targets this card, and destroy the card whose effect was negated. When this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon any number of your removed from play Fairy-type monsters whose total levels are equal to or lower than 10, ignoring any Summoning conditions.

2. Spirit of Lexicon (Fiend/Dark Level 12 ATK: 4000 ATK: 4000)
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by removing from play any number of Fairy-type monsters in your Graveyard when there are 8 or more Fairy-type monsters in your Graveyard. If there is a "Lexicon, Force of Retribution" on your side of the field, destroy it ("Lexicon, Force of Retribution"'s effect cannot negate this effect). After one or more of the above effects is resolved, this card gains this effect: -Effects of cards that would send a monster(s) off of the field or change their position(s) cannot be activated as long as this card is on the field. (This inludes cards that destroy monsters or remove them from play.)

3. Emissary of the Lexicon (Fairy/Dark/Tuner Lv. 4 ATK:1600 DEF:1450)
If you activate the effect of a "Lexicon, Force of Retribution" in your hand, you can Tribute this card instead of lowering "Lexicon, Force of Retribution"'s ATK. If you do, add this card to your hand during the End Phase of the turn in which is was Tributed.

4. Follower of the Lexicon (Fairy/Dark Lv. 3 ATK: 1500 DEF:0)
If you control an "Emissary of the Lexicon", increase this card's ATK by 500 and its Level by 1. Any Battle Damage this card does to the opponent is halved. If a Level 8 or higher Synchro Monster was Synchro Summoned using this card as material, you can add 1 "Lexicon, Force of Retribution" from your Deck to your hand.

5. Guardian Wyvern of the Lexicon (Fairy/Dark/Synchro Lv.8 ATK:2700 DEF:3000)
1 DARK-attribute Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
If this card was Synchro Summoned using "Emissary of the Lexicon", you can add one "Spirit of the Lexicon" to your hand. Once per turn,you can discard one Fairy-type monster from your hand and destroy one card on the field. If you do, this card cannot attack during this turn.
Dragonmonarch1052
Dragonmonarch1052

Back to top Go down

Lexicon, Force of Retribution Empty Re: Lexicon, Force of Retribution

Post by Seattleite Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:56 am

Dragonmonarch1052 wrote:These are just a few random card ideas I came up some time ago, during my work on the upcoming third set of "Hidden Data" cards. Feel free to have a look. Alrighty

1. Lexicon, Force of Retribution (Fairy/Dark Level 10 ATK: 2000 DEF:2000)
This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can Special Summon this card by removing from play two Fairy-type monsters on your side of the field and one Fairy-type monster in your hand when your opponent attacks a Fairy-type monster you control. If you Summon this card that way, its original ATK and DEF become 4000. You can reduce this card's ATK by 1000 to negate the activation of a card effect that targets this card, and destroy the card whose effect was negated. When this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon any number of your removed from play Fairy-type monsters whose total levels are equal to or lower than 10, ignoring any Summoning conditions.
Interesting Summon requirement, but it's still practical. The other effects are kind of scary though... like pretty much immunity from at least 2 removal effects (then maybe you could destroy it in battle. maybe.) Plus the last effect is a major swarm engine, ignoring summoning conditions? Scary stuff...

2. Spirit of Lexicon (Fiend/Dark Level 12 ATK: 4000 ATK: 4000)
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by removing from play any number of Fairy-type monsters in your Graveyard when there are 8 or more Fairy-type monsters in your Graveyard. If there is a "Lexicon, Force of Retribution" on your side of the field, destroy it ("Lexicon, Force of Retribution"'s effect cannot negate this effect). After one or more of the above effects is resolved, this card gains this effect: -Effects of cards that would send a monster(s) off of the field or change their position(s) cannot be activated as long as this card is on the field. (This inludes cards that destroy monsters or remove them from play.)
Umm.... if you have the chance to use it with Force of Retribution, you get a field full o monsters and there's little your opponent can do about it when you have that 4000 ATK guy... I really don't know if the summoning requirement is hard enough for an effect like that...

3. Emissary of the Lexicon (Fairy/Dark/Tuner Lv. 4 ATK:1600 DEF:1450)
If you activate the effect of a "Lexicon, Force of Retribution" in your hand, you can Tribute this card instead of lowering "Lexicon, Force of Retribution"'s ATK. If you do, add this card to your hand during the End Phase of the turn in which is was Tributed.
Well... if it's tributing on the field, it is alright.

4. Follower of the Lexicon (Fairy/Dark Lv. 3 ATK: 1500 DEF:0)
If you control an "Emissary of the Lexicon", increase this card's ATK by 500 and its Level by 1. Any Battle Damage this card does to the opponent is halved. If a Level 8 or higher Synchro Monster was Synchro Summoned using this card as material, you can add 1 "Lexicon, Force of Retribution" from your Deck to your hand.
That is a cool little searcher you got on there... it's not exactly a "tutor" but if you've got a level 8 synchro or a 2000 ATK monster that is cool, and the adding is only a bonus. I like it a lot.

5. Guardian Wyvern of the Lexicon (Fairy/Dark/Synchro Lv.8 ATK:2700 DEF:3000)
1 DARK-attribute Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
If this card was Synchro Summoned using "Emissary of the Lexicon", you can add one "Spirit of the Lexicon" to your hand. Once per turn,you can discard one Fairy-type monster from your hand and destroy one card on the field. If you do, this card cannot attack during this turn.
I see how it's all tying together... but this makes the summoning of Spirit of Lexicon since you're searching them both out in only 1 move so much easier... and again, I don't think the summon requirement of Spirit really balances out it's ridiculous effect.

So, 3 final comments:

* All this seems to focus around Force of Retribution, which is by far, the most abusable of this group. IMO, a bunch of support cards revolving around a very powerful card which doesn't need any support at all isn't very good card design.
* Lexicon literally means Vocabulary...? Well it's your choice but that doesn't really seem to be similar to the cards =P
* Sorry if i seemed harsh, but looking past the balance issues the cards are interesting and have good synergy, and I am looking forward to seeing more.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonmonarch1052 Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:32 am

Looking at these now, I'd have to agree with that... I might have to up Spirit of the Lexicon's summoning conditions somewhat (either more Fairies in the graveyard or something else) and whittle down his huge effect somewhat (possibly down to just prventing instant monster destruction and nothinng else) and I think I'll also place more of a restriction on Lexicon's swarm effect so that it can't work around summon conditions when it's destroyed, so that it can't summon cards with other scary effects (e.g. Soul of Purity and Light).
Dragonmonarch1052
Dragonmonarch1052

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:51 am

Dragonmonarch1052 wrote:Looking at these now, I'd have to agree with that... I might have to up Spirit of the Lexicon's summoning conditions somewhat (either more Fairies in the graveyard or something else) and whittle down his huge effect somewhat (possibly down to just prventing instant monster destruction and nothinng else) and I think I'll also place more of a restriction on Lexicon's swarm effect so that it can't work around summon conditions when it's destroyed, so that it can't summon cards with other scary effects (e.g. Soul of Purity and Light).

Alright, that seems good.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down