LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ash for Leader...

+4
Seattleite
AsianGuy1137
Ash
DIGITAL
8 posters

Go down

Ash for Leader... Empty Ash for Leader...

Post by DIGITAL Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 am

Through recent chains in events ive come to the conclusion that i want Ash to be in charge of sets and Archtypes:
1) He has given several logical opinions for changes that have never occured even though they were agreed upon.
2) He is the more active person in charge (weither he is in charge or not is debateable)
3) All this shit is getting claimed and is never being finished!
3-A) Anytime something is brought up, it needs to be followed through, and EVERYONE needs to know what is going on. simple ways,
-Pming everyone
-stickying a topic
-etc.
3-B) Everyone needs to know their part in thsi CCG and that just isnt happening.

Supporters:
No. 34 Terror-Byte
Ash
Scheath
????
Asianguy

Ash for Leader... 2l3u2p

Last edited by No. 34 Terror-Byte on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 am; edited 3 times in total
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Ash for Leader... Empty Re: Ash for Leader...

Post by Ash Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 am

ash 2012

restore lccg now
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 am

Note: I am only talking about sets, which Leo and Sea are still technically in charge, you guys more manage than be in controll.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:52 am

I'm more of a Ron Paul kinda guy, but oh what the hell, why not.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 am

sea stepped down from being a co-leader and i was made a co-leader, but when it comes to things like managing sets, i'm either left to do it myself at the last second because of inactivity, or stonewalled when i try to implement my own methods and ideas

also: Ash for Leader... 2l3u2p
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 am

CAMPAIGN POSTER

SHIT GOT SERIOUS
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 am

What is that even supposed to mean? We all contribute to managing the set and implementing ideas. Leo and I aren't stopping you from doing anything (and you're the co-leader now anyway, not me)

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 am

this set/archetype split idea thing has been fairly poorly managed
it was yours/leo's idea but it was all started and put into place on a whim from what i've seen - an idea put into place without general consensus or acknowledgement that in my honest opinion ended up as a complete fiasco

also do you like my campaign poster
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:14 am

Next set happens 3 weeks after archetypes are submitted, I thought I said that.

Just because it was my/leo's idea doesn't mean it has to be only managed by me/leo.

So I just don't see the point in putting a "leader" in place if they had all those rights in the first place.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am

Ash for Leader... 1258972092obey

Suggestions:

Post important information on sets and what not in the forums, to inform people of things, even small ones (like the "When + you can" = "If + You can" ruling that only I and Sea seem to be aware of now), and whatever else. Since if it's on the forum, and not on the chat, it can't be bumped off for us midnight readers.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 am

dodm was poorly managed and there is no denying that. if the next set is 3 weeks, that should be the end of this week right?

no submission topic? no progress on theme? anything?

i don't like this idea and i've made that fairly clear everytime it has been discussed, but at least i have attempted to manage it, but one of the points in my argument over it has been that if you are going to bring up an idea and enforce it over other opinions, you had at better at least try and make it work - the delays over the archetypes and original set did little to support that.

one of my main problems with being a co-leader is that i don't know where my authority starts or ends. people don't mind when i fix up errata's and similar small things, but when it comes anything else, i'm in the dark and can only suggest things and hope it has enough backing to see it through - something i thought did happen, though your persistence in this set idea of yours pushed anything i had to the side. which i must say i'm fairly displeased about.

but do you like my poster, i think it's pretty cool myself o:

@DH - i can't use that, i'm not allowed to openly be a tyrant
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:48 am

So what's the dilli-o on the new set, when it's going to happen, when is the annual tournament/drafting thing going on, when does the banlist get updated, all that stuff.

a nice schedule to follow would also be nice too. So I know when exactly erratas and stuff take place during Tournaments and games.

Also I still didn't get my cards for the Booster tournament.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 am

from what i can gather there should be a new 70-ish card set at the end of the week

the annual tournament normally takes place in summer iirc, i have no idea when the draft tournament will start.

banlist gets updated whenever someone feels like it - another thing i have a problem with, a set time for changes will be easier for people to keep track of, since i know people have not realised the banlist has changed and ran illegal copies of cards without knowing.

this is exactly my argument, if everything is kept on a schedule that everyone is aware of, there is no more problems with "when is the next set", "when are errata's being done", "when does the banlist get updated". however, the main focal point of a schedule would have to be around a set, having previous cards edited or listed while submissions are taking place makes it harder to develop cards since it's harder to gauge how they will affect the card pool. and the way sets have been, not just now, but since i've been here, it is difficult to build a schedule since sets would often disrupt them due to their spontaneous nature.

you'll want to pester leo for booster pack cards, since he's running it all of mse, which i don't have.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:11 am

Ash wrote:dodm was poorly managed and there is no denying that. if the next set is 3 weeks, that should be the end of this week right?

no submission topic? no progress on theme? anything?

you say you don't know where your authority starts or ends - well that's the same for me. I was neutral on the whole theme idea. Right now the feedback is mixed. Some want a theme, some want only part of the set a theme, some want no restriction at all. If dylan (who suggested it in the first place) said "Hey Seattleite/Leo/Snowy, we've reached a concensus on the theme idea", then sure, we'll do something.

I post submission topics the day of. That's what Leo did on DODM, and you did on WWIII.

i don't like this idea and i've made that fairly clear everytime it has been discussed, but at least i have attempted to manage it, but one of the points in my argument over it has been that if you are going to bring up an idea and enforce it over other opinions, you had at better at least try and make it work - the delays over the archetypes and original set did little to support that.

I don't mind if you want to impose your own system, but we should get a vote or something if people don't like this one / if they would prefer yours.

one of my main problems with being a co-leader is that i don't know where my authority starts or ends. people don't mind when i fix up errata's and similar small things, but when it comes anything else, i'm in the dark and can only suggest things and hope it has enough backing to see it through - something i thought did happen, though your persistence in this set idea of yours pushed anything i had to the side. which i must say i'm fairly displeased about.

same as above

but do you like my poster, i think it's pretty cool myself o:

a little overwhelming for just some scheduling ideas

Ash wrote:
banlist gets updated whenever someone feels like it - another thing i have a problem with, a set time for changes will be easier for people to keep track of, since i know people have not realised the banlist has changed and ran illegal copies of cards without knowing.

this is exactly my argument, if everything is kept on a schedule that everyone is aware of, there is no more problems with "when is the next set", "when are errata's being done", "when does the banlist get updated". however, the main focal point of a schedule would have to be around a set, having previous cards edited or listed while submissions are taking place makes it harder to develop cards since it's harder to gauge how they will affect the card pool. and the way sets have been, not just now, but since i've been here, it is difficult to build a schedule since sets would often disrupt them due to their spontaneous nature.

The new set system doesn't stop you from putting in ban list or errata suggestions.

you'll want to pester leo for booster pack cards, since he's running it all of mse, which i don't have.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 am

everyone had backed my idea. it still got brushed aside. i even had leo's approval.

hell, here's 5 votes now, not to mention that leo, werelord and i guess inh also agreed with my idea

Supporters:
No. 34 Terror-Byte
Ash
Scheath
????
Asianguy

i think you completely missed the point on the banlist/errata suggestion thing.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:37 am

Ok, we could do your system. Implement all your ideas, since you got support.

My only problem is facading this as a "Leadership" position. Truth is, anyone can put in their system with general consent. Well, except for the new system, but that was a mistake.

So, let's put away the campaign posters and just put in our ideas.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:46 pm

AS A LEMMING MYSELF, having somebody appointed in charge of like, decision things, I wouldn't mind. General Consensus is nice, but having a person be THE BAWSS usually helps convey "who is in charge of doing that and makes sure things don't turn into shitfits" to new people.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:54 am

This is acctually something we do need alot, but at the same time we don't. We more of need some type of acctual plan who comes up with the set ideas. Who go's through throws out cards or "fixes"them. and finally the person who gets it all ready to go into YVD. These are all major problems we have had in the past few sets, and it needs to be fixed. So sure Ash you can do this but you need to help with OCG and that when it comes to card collecting for the sets.
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 am

Kyle Jennifer S. wrote:AS A LEMMING MYSELF, having somebody appointed in charge of like, decision things, I wouldn't mind. General Consensus is nice, but having a person be THE BAWSS usually helps convey "who is in charge of doing that and makes sure things don't turn into shitfits" to new people.

Well yeah, I agree with that. Guess I was just worried the exact opposite would happen.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:00 am

Welllll, when it comes to getting the entire set put on to YVD, I will be making sure that somebody, somehow will be getting it put up on time, but that the submissions be closed a few days borehand to discuss and fix whatever's necessary as a group.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanm7 Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:29 am

fuck yeah

Evanm7

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:12 am

Tungsten Butterfly Likes this.
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum