LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pendulums came in like a wrecking ball

+2
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
Seattleite
6 posters

Go down

Pendulums came in like a wrecking ball Empty Pendulums came in like a wrecking ball

Post by Seattleite Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Wow, pendulums. I played against them on DevPro and they're ridiculous.

Pendulums + Synchros = Recurring synchro fodder
Pendulums + Rituals     = Recurring ritual fodder
Pendulums + Tribute Summons = Monarch per turn

You get the idea.

Torrential? Mirror Force? Dark Hole? Just swarm your 5 monsters next turn lol

What would this mean for LCCG?  OTKs, and now many "staples" become mediocre. Extortion, Phantom's Decision, anything that doesn't banish or spin can't get rid of these things. Much of our 330 pool becomes too slow in the face of Pendulums.

So, I'm starting to think this mechanic (which could fit in with the TCG) is too fast for the game we're aiming for.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Pendulums came in like a wrecking ball Empty Re: Pendulums came in like a wrecking ball

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:30 pm

we don't have to implement this in lccg, but future new players may say otherwise. It deem unnecessary for this CCG, while we could make them have requirements that we have to go hoops to perform Pendulum Summons but then, it would seem a hassle to do it unless it's a dedicated deck.

on side note, Pendulum Supply Scrap is the shit among those pendulum decks, fucking pluses.
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Pendulums came in like a wrecking ball Empty Re: Pendulums came in like a wrecking ball

Post by Leo Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:11 am

I feel that we can implement Pendulum Monsters at a later point in time. We barely have a metagame at this point to even judge on. Also they are not even officially released in TCG, so I wouldn't focus on it too much atm.

I do feel we would need to be very cautious when we release any into play though to curb the obvious strength they have.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:18 am

i refuse to learn what pendulums do so i dont want them
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:21 am

Ash wrote:i refuse to learn what pendulums do so i dont want them

Essentially they let you drop your entire hand every turn.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:10 am

Leo wrote:
Ash wrote:i refuse to learn what pendulums do so i dont want them

Essentially they let you drop your entire hand every turn.
That's all you need to know to like or hate them like you hate someone's guts.
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:13 am

They these are completely ruining yugioh.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:37 am

i thought they only recur if they are destroyed
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:28 pm

You can place as many as you want per turn in the pendulum zones, if you control two pendulum monsters in the pendulum zone you can pendulum summon monsters either from your hand or extra deck (only pendulum monsters from extra deck) that are between the two pendulum counters on the pendulum cards. You can pendulum summon as many cards as possibille at one time however if the special summon is negated, each monsters summon is negated.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 pm

CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight wrote:we don't have to implement this in lccg, but future new players may say otherwise. It deem unnecessary for this CCG, while we could make them have requirements that we have to go hoops to perform Pendulum Summons but then, it would seem a hassle to do it unless it's a dedicated deck.

on side note, Pendulum Supply Scrap is the shit among those pendulum decks, fucking pluses.

I guess you're right, it would be weird to say to new players "oh we don't use them", even though they are broken (can a mechanic be broken? I guess so)

And Leo's right too, maybe the TCG will be different, who knows.

Ashi thought they only recur if they are destroyed

They recur if sent from the Field to the Graveyard in any way, shape or form. Sad
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:38 pm

the facts ppl said that they take up space in your hand while having 3-4 cards left in your hand to use and can be destroyed by S/T removal/negation, does NOT justify the mechanic to be not broken. No, not while there are draw engines and searchers have anything to do with it. Supply Unit and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon are the examples that went hand-in-hand with decks that can destroy themselves for pluses and spams them like no tomorrow.
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:03 am

We could submit a "Solitary" effect that would make them unusable for Rituals, Synchros, Xyzs and Tribute Summons. Something like a proto-Nomi?

also, hi
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down