LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gradual Goodies (Updated 10/14)

4 posters

Go down

Gradual Goodies (Updated 10/14) Empty Gradual Goodies (Updated 10/14)

Post by AsianGuy1137 Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 am

Since I'm too lazy/busy to compile all my ideas together and submit them into a thread at the same time, I'm going to gradually update the thread with whatever card ideas I think of. Here goes.

10/13 - pt. 1

Deadly Plague
Spell | Normal
Discard a card; declare 1 monster Type. Destroy up to 2 monsters on the field with the declared Type.

Population Control
Trap | Normal
Neither player can Summon until your next End Phase. Draw 1 card.

Catatonic Decay
Trap | Continuous
Target 1 monster your opponent controls. Negate that monster's effect. It cannot attack or change battle positions. During your 2nd Standby Phase after activation: Destroy that monster.

10/13 - pt. 2

Miraculous Survival
Spell | Normal
Return up to 2 cards that were sent to the Graveyard by battle or card effect(s) this turn to their respective owner's hand.

Desert Storm
Trap | Normal
Set all cards on the field. Set cards cannot be activated or Summoned until your next End Phase.

Temporary Suspension
Trap | Counter
Pay 1000 Life Points; negate the Summon or activation of a card and return it to its owner's hand. That card cannot be played this turn. Draw 1 card.

10/14

Insatiable Ogre
Monster | EARTH | **** | ATK: 1900 | DEF: 1800
Beast | Effect: During your Standby Phase: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls with an ATK that is less than or equal to this card's ATK or pay 1000 Life Points. Each time this card destroys a monster by battle or effect: Increase this card's ATK by 500. This card must attack if able. During the End Phase: If this card did not destroy a monster: Destroy this card.

Reckless Charge
Spell | Quick-Play
Increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by 1000 until the End Phase. That monster cannot be affected by other Spells or Traps this turn. During the End Phase: Change the monster to face-up defense position.

Destructive Power
Spell | Normal
Tribute 1 monster you control; destroy all monsters your opponent controls with an ATK that is less than or equal to the tributed monster's ATK. Inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed this way.

Natural Abundance
Spell | Normal
Activate this card only if you control 3 face-up EARTH monsters. Draw 2 cards and gain 500 Life Points for each EARTH monster you control.

Catastrophic Whirlwind
Spell | Quick-Play
Return 1 WIND monster you control to your hand; destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field or discard 1 card your opponent controls.

Pyroclasm
Spell | Normal
Banish 1 FIRE monster you control; destroy up to 2 cards on the field and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the banished monster's ATK.

Last edited by AsianGuy1137 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:08 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added new content.)
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Gradual Goodies (Updated 10/14) Empty Re: Gradual Goodies (Updated 10/14)

Post by Anime Girl References Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:56 am

Catatonic Decay is awesome.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 am

AsianGuy1137 wrote:Since I'm too lazy/busy to compile all my ideas together and submit them into a thread at the same time, I'm going to gradually update the thread with whatever card ideas I think of. Here goes.

Deadly Plague
Spell | Normal
Declare 1 monster Type. Destroy up to 2 monsters on the field with the declared Type. Pay 800 Life Points for each monster destroyed this way.
Destruction seems too cheap.

Population Control
Trap | Normal
Neither player can Summon until your next End Phase. Draw 1 card.
Clever.... May be good for those flip effect decks, splashable in almost anything else, unsure about the draw effect.

Catatonic Decay
Trap | Continuous
Target 1 monster your opponent controls. Negate that monster's effect. It cannot attack or change battle positions. During your 2nd Standby Phase after activation: Destroy that monster.
What he said.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:26 am

Good, simple feedback.

Not too sure how to balance Deadly Plague. Maybe add a discard cost or make the LP cost steeper. It's designed more as a Side Deck card anyway.

Population Control just occurred to me as a monster-based counterpart to Trap Stun (or I guess Scrap Stun here). The draw effect is really meant to offset the inherent loss in CA, but I guess that could be changed too.

Catatonic Decay is just a better version of Fiendish Chain/Spellbinding Circle which I frankly find to be quite underwhelming for its popularity (Fiendish Chain that is).

I also added three new cards that I think are slightly more creative than the previous ones. There's dates and even parts to help organize the cards.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 am

you could safely main deadly plague in any deck.

miraculous survival is a generic super salvage and broke.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:32 am

Not if I added a discard cost instead of LP. I guess Miraculous Survival is broken as it is. I'm going to change it a little.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:09 am

I added more cards today. These are more Attribute-themed or at least based on how I think each Attribute should be themed.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:28 am

AsianGuy1137 wrote:

10/13 - pt. 2

Miraculous Survival
Spell | Normal
Return up to 2 cards that were sent to the Graveyard by battle or card effect(s) this turn to their respective owner's hand.
It's powerful but requires some setup. I think it's good.

Desert Storm
Trap | Normal
Set all cards on the field. Set cards cannot be activated or Summoned until your next End Phase.
Hmmm, again, powerful, but it's designed to not be abused so easily. Worth a try.

Temporary Suspension
Trap | Counter
Pay 1000 Life Points; negate the Summon or activation of a card and return it to its owner's hand. That card cannot be played this turn. Draw 1 card.
The draw effect makes it brokez. Being *almost* a solemn is good enough.

10/14

Insatiable Ogre
Monster | EARTH | **** | ATK: 1900 | DEF: 1800
Beast | Effect: During your Standby Phase: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls with an ATK that is less than or equal to this card's ATK or pay 1000 Life Points. Each time this card destroys a monster by battle or effect: Increase this card's ATK by 500. This card must attack if able. During the End Phase: If this card did not destroy a monster: Destroy this card.
Good for a short time. Interesting card.

Reckless Charge
Spell | Quick-Play
Increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by 1000 until the End Phase. That monster cannot be affected by other Spells or Traps this turn. During the End Phase: Change the monster to face-up defense position.
What if you could target any monster, not just yours? I think that would add to strategic plays.

Destructive Power
Spell | Normal
Tribute 1 monster you control; destroy all monsters your opponent controls with an ATK that is less than or equal to the tributed monster's ATK. Inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed this way.
Good stuff.

Natural Abundance
Spell | Normal
Activate this card only if you control 3 face-up EARTH monsters. Draw 2 cards and gain 500 Life Points for each EARTH monster you control.
Cool little draw engine, but Antennaes would abuse the hell out of this. Other than that, I like it.

Catastrophic Whirlwind
Spell | Quick-Play
Return 1 WIND monster you control to your hand; destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field or discard 1 card your opponent controls.
Discard from your opponent's hand, you mean? Fun card that fits with the WIND theme.

Pyroclasm
Spell | Normal
Banish 1 FIRE monster you control; destroy up to 2 cards on the field and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the banished monster's ATK
Pyroclasm is a cool word, I wanted to use it for one of my cards :[ Either effect is fine on its own but combined make it OP'd
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum