LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perhaps I can play a song for you all?

5 posters

Go down

Perhaps I can play a song for you all? Empty Perhaps I can play a song for you all?

Post by Ruthlessly Condemned Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 am

I have thought that We're missing a set of monsters that treat themselves as Continuous Spells somehow... Maybe I should make an archetype of some...

The 'Bardic' Archetype is a Set of Spellcasters of different Attributes that focus on using their powerful Spell cards and monster effects to place their monsters in the Spell/Trap card Zone and Activate certain effects.

Bardic Lute
[WIND/Spellcaster/Tuner/1/0/1700]
When this card if Flipped Face-up: Add 1 "Bardic" Spell card from your Deck to your hand. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard: you can place 1 "Bardic" monster from your Deck in your Spell/Trap card Zone as a Continuous Spell card.

Bardic Mandolin
[EARTH/Spellcaster/4/2200/500]
When this card is Normal Summoned while you control another "Bardic" card: Place it in your Spell/Trap card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. This card cannot Declare an Attack unless you have a "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Special Summon 1 "Bardic" monster in your Spell/Trap Zone.

Bardic Flute
[WATER/Spellcaster/3/1200/1200]
When this card is Normal Summoned: Send 1 "Bardic" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per Turn: You can Send 1 "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card to the Graveyard to target 1 "Bardic" Spell card in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand.

Bardic Roncadora
[FIRE/Spellcaster/4/1800/100]
When this card is Summoned: Place 1 "Bardic" monster in your Deck in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. When a "Bardic" Spell card is Activated: Send this card to the Graveyard. During the End phase of a turn this card is Sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: Target 1 "Bardic" monster in your Graveyard, Except "Bardic Roncadora"; Place it in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card

Bardic Nomad Group
[LIGHT/Spellcaster/Fusion/8/?/?]
2 or more "Bardic" cards
Must be Special Summoned by sending the above materials from Either Side of the Field to the Graveyard (You do not use any Fusion Summoning Card) and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This Card's Original ATK and DEF is the number of Fusion Material Monsters used for this card's Summon x 800. Once per turn: You can Decrease this card's DEF by 2400 to target 1 monster your opponent controls; Take control of it.

Bardic Battlefield Overture
[Spell]
Shuffle all "Bardic" Spell Cards in your Graveyard into your Deck. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 "Bardic" monster in your Deck in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. While this card is in your Graveyard, Decrease the ATK of all Monsters, except "Bardic" Monsters, by 300 for each "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card and Increase the ATK of all "Bardic" Monsters by 300 for each "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card.

Bardic Harvest Song
[Spell]
Shuffle all "Bardic" Spell Cards in your Graveyard into your Deck. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 "Bardic" monster in your Deck in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. During each Draw Phase, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can draw 1 card for each "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card. You can only Activate the effect of 1 "Bardic Harvest Song" per turn

Bardic March Song
[Spell]
Shuffle all "Bardic" Spell Cards in your Graveyard into your Deck. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 "Bardic" monster in your Deck in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. During either player's turn, While this card is in your Graveyard: you can Target 1 "Bardic" Monster in your Graveyard whose level is equal to or less than the amount of "Bardic" Continuous Spell card you control; Special Summon it in Face-down Defense Position. You can only Activate the effect of 1 "Bardic March Song" per turn

The Song of Storm and Fire
[Spell]
Activate only while you control 4 "Bardic" Continuous Spell Cards: Banish all cards on the field, Except "Bardic" Cards.

Ruthlessly Condemned

Back to top Go down

Perhaps I can play a song for you all? Empty Re: Perhaps I can play a song for you all?

Post by Ruthlessly Condemned Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:30 am

Oh Come on! Does everyone like to do this to me!?

I may as well Bump this Topic...

Ruthlessly Condemned

Back to top Go down

Perhaps I can play a song for you all? Empty Re: Perhaps I can play a song for you all?

Post by DIGITAL Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:17 am

Do Want :DROLL:

Nomad Group needs to be rewritten because its a little unclear and abusable

They are nice but i don't see any key cards, nothing that is a late duel big hitter other than nomad group and im not very fond of it.

I love the concept though and I would love to try it.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:34 am

who the fuck is soulfire
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthlessly Condemned Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:06 am

@ Ash: Thanks a bunch for the rather amusing Insight... but who knew you spammed affraid

@ Soulfire: I can, It's Simply a Chimeratech Fortress Dragon that can grab Bardics from the Back-row with a Situational Brain-control effect that can only be used like once unless your opponent is Terrible or also runs Bardics

Ruthlessly Condemned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:07 am

idgi i always spam because i can get away with it :s
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthlessly Condemned Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 am

This is just saddening, I used to get a lot of comments from my cards (Albiet most was criticism), but My cards keep seeming to be too 'Perfect' for others to grade...

Ruthlessly Condemned

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:59 am

Attention spans.

Post small amounts of cards without extremely detailed text, and you'll get more hits. Even on days I feel like reviewing, cards with giant paragraphs for effects are a bit discouraging because sometimes they venture into "what the hell does this card do, and when" territory.

SoulFire is Sea, I think. or Scheath?

I haven't seen an archetype like this before, but I can already see that many of it's cards feel like they clog up the S/T zone in the same manner as Crystal Beasts, reducing the amount of available cards that you can play, such as protective or countering traps.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthlessly Condemned Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 am

Simple effects are not my thing though, since Simple effects can be too generic and bland...

I think SoulFire is Dylan W.

Ruthlessly Condemned

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Ruthlessly Condemned wrote:I have thought that We're missing a set of monsters that treat themselves as Continuous Spells somehow... Maybe I should make an archetype of some...

The 'Bardic' Archetype is a Set of Spellcasters of different Attributes that focus on using their powerful Spell cards and monster effects to place their monsters in the Spell/Trap card Zone and Activate certain effects.

Bardic Lute
[WIND/Spellcaster/Tuner/1/0/1700]
When this card if Flipped Face-up: Add 1 "Bardic" Spell card from your Deck to your hand. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard: you can place 1 "Bardic" monster from your Deck in your Spell/Trap card Zone as a Continuous Spell card.
Good defense, and giving plusses. also loving the fact that it can miss timing, so it won't be completely broke.

Bardic Mandolin
[EARTH/Spellcaster/4/2200/500]
When this card is Normal Summoned while you control another "Bardic" card: Place it in your Spell/Trap card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. This card cannot Declare an Attack unless you have a "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Special Summon 1 "Bardic" monster in your Spell/Trap Zone.
Hmm, interesting effect, insane attack but enough drawback to make it not broke. Overall, great card.

Bardic Flute
[WATER/Spellcaster/3/1200/1200]
When this card is Normal Summoned: Send 1 "Bardic" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per Turn: You can Send 1 "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card to the Graveyard to target 1 "Bardic" Spell card in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand.
Good card is good. mirror matches will be realy fun with this and Nomad.

Bardic Roncadora
[FIRE/Spellcaster/4/1800/100]
When this card is Summoned: Place 1 "Bardic" monster in your Deck in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. When a "Bardic" Spell card is Activated: Send this card to the Graveyard. During the End phase of a turn this card is Sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: Target 1 "Bardic" monster in your Graveyard, Except "Bardic Roncadora"; Place it in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card
It's Sapphire Pegasus's brother!! the suicide efect is kinda iffy for me, as this archetype lacks a reliable beater.last effect is good though.

Bardic Nomad Group
[LIGHT/Spellcaster/Fusion/8/?/?]
2 or more "Bardic" cards
Must be Special Summoned by sending the above materials from Either Side of the Field to the Graveyard (You do not use any Fusion Summoning Card) and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This Card's Original ATK and DEF is the number of Fusion Material Monsters used for this card's Summon x 800. Once per turn: You can Decrease this card's DEF by 2400 to target 1 monster your opponent controls; Take control of it.
easy to get out, but puts you in a somewhat huge disadvantage, since it's technically a minimum of 3 to not be somewhat useless. really awesome in a mirror match however.

Bardic Battlefield Overture
[Spell]
Shuffle all "Bardic" Spell Cards in your Graveyard into your Deck. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 "Bardic" monster in your Deck in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. While this card is in your Graveyard, Decrease the ATK of all Monsters, except "Bardic" Monsters, by 300 for each "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card and Increase the ATK of all "Bardic" Monsters by 300 for each "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card.
From the three spells, this is honestly my favorite. it just really good but not broke.

Bardic Harvest Song
[Spell]
Shuffle all "Bardic" Spell Cards in your Graveyard into your Deck. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 "Bardic" monster in your Deck in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. During each Draw Phase, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can draw 1 card for each "Bardic" Continuous Spell Card. You can only Activate the effect of 1 "Bardic Harvest Song" per turn
really broke imo. the possibility of drawing 6 cards in your draw phase is just crazy. maybe limit it to some amount?

Bardic March Song
[Spell]
Shuffle all "Bardic" Spell Cards in your Graveyard into your Deck. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 "Bardic" monster in your Deck in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. During either player's turn, While this card is in your Graveyard: you can Target 1 "Bardic" Monster in your Graveyard whose level is equal to or less than the amount of "Bardic" Continuous Spell card you control; Special Summon it in Face-down Defense Position. You can only Activate the effect of 1 "Bardic March Song" per turn
the effect is best used in your opponent's end phase imo, except if you're reviving Lute.

The Song of Storm and Fire
[Spell]
Activate only while you control 4 "Bardic" Continuous Spell Cards: Banish all cards on the field, Except "Bardic" Cards. It's....really easy to fulfill. these type of card is good, but i'm a bit conflicted about this card, is it too broken or balanced.

Bardics in general are really good at generating field advantage, in exchange to weak defensive and control capability. I like it. it's really balanced imo(except for harvest, 3+ bardics continuous, you draw 3 plus 1 that you draw in the draw phase, then fusion for nomad to empty the slot. rinse and repeat on the next turn. at least the spells doesn't stacks.) with it's weak defensive, and not a lot of SS effects. maybe it need more cards with a field control effect (or a simple thing as a card that booms something for a bardic continuous spell) and it will be really good.

that's all for my review.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum