A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by Seattleite on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:48 am

So, I want to start planning for the Addition of a Traditional format in the LCCG, more akin to the way the TCG does it. Of course "Advanced" format would be what we have right now.

But, I was having the idea that the Traditional could have more "Universal" staples and limited cards, which I personally despise Rolling Eyes but having them separate can hopefully fulfill everything people want out of a CCG. So, any ideas of your own? Or do you still think it's too soon? Comments! Opinions!
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by Alfred on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:30 am

Finally, a place where we can have a more liberal CCG area.

Alfred

Posts : 91
Join date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by Seattleite on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:42 am

Indeed.

Now I hope this won't detract from the Tourney and all, but i think it's close to time to create a Traditional format now.

I have this idea maybe all "Traditional" cards can go in their own set (it's easy, we'll just add on to it gradually as the game progresses). "Traditional" cards, while banned in Advanced, don't have to be insta-Limited here (well, depending on the card). In order to tell it apart in the card text at the beginning will be [TRAD] as the keyword.

In order to actually make the formats different from each other, we'll have to do maybe an all Trad set of like 20 cards or so? Anyway, that's probably after the Tournament.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:01 am

|Yauga, Levialord of the Fetid Ensanguined Sea|0|xxxx|Sea-Serpent/Effect|Dark|7||3000|700|When this card is destroyed, you can destroy all cards on the field, in the hands, and the next 3 cards both players draw that have 1500 or more ATK. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, add 1 Spell card in your Graveyard to your hand.|


|Baalphistolzel|0|xxxx|Insect/Effect|Fire|11||4000|1700|This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by paying 5000 Life Points. You can remove from play a card from your Graveyard to send 1 card on the field to the top of the opponent's deck.|


Trad-Only you say? :3
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by Anime Girl References on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:43 am

Also loltraditional because Traditional players have no skill.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by Seattleite on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 am

Darkest Hour wrote:Also loltraditional because Traditional players have no skill.

lol, well not an exact equivalent to TCG ;D

I wouldn't really be good at telling you if those cards were Ok or not since we haven't decided the level of balance. I would hope it's not FTK level though Razz
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 25
Location : Seattle, WA

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 am

Darkest Hour wrote:Also loltraditional because Traditional players have no skill.

wow really....why would you say this?

_________________
Because I can
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Posts : 686
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 27
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by Anime Girl References on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:07 pm

WereLord wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:Also loltraditional because Traditional players have no skill.

wow really....why would you say this?

Because FTKS and OTK decks are really too easy to win with and it becomes less of a skill game and more of a "who gets the stuff they need in their hand first and win without any real game" game?

It's either you draw your hand and hope you get your Elma dagger or your Makyura, or you aim for getting your Honest and your Athena, and the like. Hell, it's a scene were Delinquent Duo and Pot of Greed almost make no difference if your opponent played them first.

Hell, even the staples take no real effort to play like Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster.

I am not talking about this TradFormat here since I haven't seen it yet.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2011-05-14
Age : 28
Location : somewhere to make broke cards

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:30 am

Darkest Hour wrote:
WereLord wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:Also loltraditional because Traditional players have no skill.

wow really....why would you say this?

Because FTKS and OTK decks are really too easy to win with and it becomes less of a skill game and more of a "who gets the stuff they need in their hand first and win without any real game" game?

It's either you draw your hand and hope you get your Elma dagger or your Makyura, or you aim for getting your Honest and your Athena, and the like. Hell, it's a scene were Delinquent Duo and Pot of Greed almost make no difference if your opponent played them first.

Hell, even the staples take no real effort to play like Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster.

I am not talking about this TradFormat here since I haven't seen it yet.
Ah but I disagree have you ever played this game?
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_5D%27s_Duel_Transer

And you can play Trad. format and use only one banned card [as me and some friends usually do] do you have to worry about the occasional Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster, or even Chaos [BLS, CED, and DMC] sure, but do you call those people with out skill? no you don't because of Archtypes such as BlackWings which can just about beat any other deck exist and you can get reset up with in one single turn. also someone can use the most banned deck ever with like 3 copyies of some of the banned cards [which is no longer counted as Trad. format] and that deck can be beaten by a simple Meta deck around today.

BTW in case you didn't know In Trad. Format, Limited cards are still limited example Honest would still be at 1

_________________
Because I can
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Posts : 686
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 27
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

WereLord wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:
WereLord wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:Also loltraditional because Traditional players have no skill.

wow really....why would you say this?

Because FTKS and OTK decks are really too easy to win with and it becomes less of a skill game and more of a "who gets the stuff they need in their hand first and win without any real game" game?

It's either you draw your hand and hope you get your Elma dagger or your Makyura, or you aim for getting your Honest and your Athena, and the like. Hell, it's a scene were Delinquent Duo and Pot of Greed almost make no difference if your opponent played them first.

Hell, even the staples take no real effort to play like Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster.

I am not talking about this TradFormat here since I haven't seen it yet.
Ah but I disagree have you ever played this game?
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_5D%27s_Duel_Transer

And you can play Trad. format and use only one banned card [as me and some friends usually do] do you have to worry about the occasional Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster, or even Chaos [BLS, CED, and DMC] sure, but do you call those people with out skill? no you don't because of Archtypes such as BlackWings which can just about beat any other deck exist and you can get reset up with in one single turn. also someone can use the most banned deck ever with like 3 copyies of some of the banned cards [which is no longer counted as Trad. format] and that deck can be beaten by a simple Meta deck around today.

BTW in case you didn't know In Trad. Format, Limited cards are still limited example Honest would still be at 1

he's right, i fought that deck he mentioned and i use a deck that purely by the adv. format and still beat the crap out of that deck, even the freaking exodia with 3 copies of each!! O.o


_________________
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."
"Curiosity does, no less than devotion, pilgrims make."
"The life which is unexamined is not worth living."
"We learn to do something by doing it. There is no other way."
"If life’s journey be endless where is its goal? The answer is, it is everywhere."
"The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality and, instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are."
"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt."
"Sarcasm: the last refuge of the modest people when the privacy of the soul is intrusively invaded."
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
"While we are postponing, life speeds by."
"Defeatism is the wretchedest of policies."
"Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go–it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow."
"Although the world is full of suffering it is also full of the overcoming of it."
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Posts : 1458
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 30
Location : Where the seven waves were born

Back to top Go down

A Traditional Format in the LCCG Empty Re: A Traditional Format in the LCCG

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum