LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlet Sibyl

3 posters

Go down

Scarlet Sibyl Empty Scarlet Sibyl

Post by Ruthlessly Condemned Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:35 am

According to a friend, Ash was right about Scarlet Sibyl's summon effect being a cost(A la Tyrant Dragon), but the current text would cause newer people to go through the same mistake I have been through, So he(My friend) asked me to ask you guys to Errata this card:

If this card is used as a Fusion Material or Tributed for a Ritual Summon, you gain an additional Normal Summon or Set this turn. When this card is Summoned, you must send 1 card on your side of the field to the top of your deck.

To:

If this card is used as a Fusion Material or Tributed for a Ritual Summon, you gain an additional Normal Summon or Set this turn. If this card is Summoned, you must return 1 card you control to the top of your deck

Hopefully, that way, the bolded effect would be determined as what it actually is...

Ruthlessly Condemned

Back to top Go down

Scarlet Sibyl Empty Re: Scarlet Sibyl

Post by Seattleite Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:44 am

do not understand. Costs happen before the Summon/Activation of a card or effect, and this happens after. I also see no info about Tyrant Dragon.

If i'm right, then the effect would be a Trigger effect and not a cost.

If i'm wrong, then that errata still isn't very clear. The best option would be to put it in the Ruling page on the Wiki.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthlessly Condemned Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Ash says that Scarlet Sibyl's Spin is a cost akin to Tyrant Dragon, or as I know of it, A Condition... and I'll quote the friend on this

"Tributing a Dragon-Type Monster is a cost to Special Summon Tyrant Dragon from the Graveyard. It is always done right before the Special Summon takes place.

Therefore, you would still pay the cost of Tributing a Dragon-Type monster during the resolution of Queen Dragun Djinn, before Tyrant Dragon is Special Summoned by her effect. "

I also did ask him Directly about Scarlet Sibyl, and he said that It was the Same Ruling for it, although he Suggested this Errata to make it similar to Tyrant Dragon in that Sense and prevent Confusion

Ruthlessly Condemned

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:19 pm

seem that in the Condition effect page, Tyrant Dragon's effect seem to rule under "effect that apply under certain conditions" so even with that term, it's still cannot be negated :S
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Ok, well to really prevent confusion and say the cost happens before the summon, how about this

To Summon this card, you must return 1 card you control to the top of your deck
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down