LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overall fixes, ban-list placing etc

4 posters

Go down

Overall fixes, ban-list placing etc Empty Overall fixes, ban-list placing etc

Post by Ash Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm sure everyone has something they see as broken, needing fixing, needing ban-list intervention w/e.

I'm not putting much on all admins being on long enough or even at the same time to discuss stuff like this properly, so if people just want to discuss what action needs taking cards, I'm hoping this can be a place for stuff to actually get settled (course, the chatbox is good but timezones aren't).

To get started, Candy has the Queen+Reproduction loop, do people want this tested for consistency or should we list/edit?

Personally I think that Reproduction @1 fixes this quite nicely.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Overall fixes, ban-list placing etc Empty Re: Overall fixes, ban-list placing etc

Post by OmegaWave Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:46 pm

I have already suggested the Errata for the "Transcending Curse" cards to stop searching when destroyed. Because it's impossible to get rid of them that way. And it makes you + every time they try.

OmegaWave

Back to top Go down

Overall fixes, ban-list placing etc Empty Re: Overall fixes, ban-list placing etc

Post by Ash Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:47 pm

I agree and also think that they're better off when they can't search copies of themselves.

I'd implement both tbh.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaWave Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:50 pm

I would also like to suggest adding a cost to Depraved Extortion. It essentially removes the need for any monster destruction cards. And is costless.

OmegaWave

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Depends on the cost. Too high and it joins a few other monster destruction cards that fall into the "maybe if it was just a bit better" pile.

Besides, I'd still run things like Gift from Diabolus and Scrap Destruction, with or without a fix for Extortion.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Concerning the erratas, I believe Leo stated that Forced Slumber doesn't search itself out and is forced to search another card out instead.

I would agree the cards need the "destroy = no search" line just for survival's sake, because after watching some testing they don't even need that line to remain effective (and annoying).

Some other cards I do not believe need the "cannot search out itself" line depending on their effects. Forced Slumber, Bonelock and Armor Leprosy (this card is mis-spelled as Amror on the wiki) need it, but the other cards are somewhat situational and less powerful, so I don't think they need this to curb their continuous effect ramping.

Concerning Depraved Extortion, it may not have a cost, but the fact that you cannot choose the target is probably the dealbreaker for it's effectiveness there. It's good for removing effect protection monsters and destruction/banishing-proof monsters from the field without devoting too many resources to it, but if your opponent is using Tribute effect monsters or tribute fodder it's effectiveness drops immediately. Without the ability to choose a target it can only be reserved for one-shotting lone monsters on the field, and becomes more of a potshot card after the field is numerated.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Illgresi Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Fixed it.

|Candy Reproduction|???|WWTH|Spell Card|Spell||Equip|||This card can only be equipped to a "Candy" monster. If this face-up card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Candy" monster from your Graveyard, with a different name than the equipped monster, ignoring the Summoning conditions.|
Illgresi
Illgresi

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaWave Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:15 am

Hm. Seems a little iffy still. May I suggest the Aklys ruling be placed on Reproduction?

OmegaWave

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:46 am

I think RD's fix is fine actually.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Illgresi Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:03 am

Very Happy
Illgresi
Illgresi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum