LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Balance System Ideas

4 posters

Go down

New Balance System Ideas Empty New Balance System Ideas

Post by Seattleite Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Ok, so I've noticed that DN duels are way way more common than CCG duels. As a CCG the 2 most important things we should emphasize on are Card Creation and Dueling, and these areas are pretty broad. But you can't really show off deckbuilding, or balance without dueling right?

Here is an idea to make dueling or deckbuilding a little more interesting:

Seattleite wrote:
Once a week on a designated day (Saturday, maybe), all members may suggest 1 change for 1 card. This number may change. These include Errata’s and Banlist Changes. Your change cannot be one that cancels out another person’s change from the same week. Changes must logically follow the card’s effect. (Example: If I were changing marshmallon’s effect, I could decrease burn damage to 500 instead of 1000. But, I couldn’t add several sentences about piercing effects, spell-negation, graveyard searching, etc.)

If a change is suggested for one of your cards by another person, you may provide your own change instead. However, it must be a change that is similar to the type of change given by the other person. (I.e. If someone suggested marshmallon’s burn effect to be decreased to 500 and marshmallon was my card, I can’t suggest the damage be only 950 instead.) If someone seriously was concerned about the amount of burn, I must address it.

After a week of experiments and testing, the members will get the chance to change another card, or to “Revert” any cards to a previous form. However, reverts for Nerfs and Buffs can only be done once it can be proved that a deck with those cards has created a consistent losing or winning streak, respectively. The same applies with banlist changes. Reversions do not count toward your once-per-week limit. After a card is reverted, it cannot be changed at all for 2 months (number may change)

I thought this system would give some major benefits because it:
* Avoids some of the guilt and trouble when a broken card is in the .set

* Allows every member to submit changes, uninterrupted and without fear of arguments

* Prevents members from feeling exhausted from too much changes in a short amount of time

* Gives us a regular time to expect to update the .set files

* Gives more emphasis on dueling for testing

* Allows the game to change with every member's opinion in mind, not just the majority (or vocal minority), and lets everyone have an equal element of control in the game

* Constant changing will prevent tiers and decks from being stagnant.

-----------------------------

Also, while we're on the topic, an idea suggested by DH was at the start of the duel, either player may (ONCE) shuffle their 5 cards into their deck to draw 5 again. Just thought it might be considered along with this idea.

Last edited by Seattleite on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

New Balance System Ideas Empty Re: New Balance System Ideas

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:56 pm

So you wish to make mulligan a yugioh rule?

And you wish for members to post changes to cards as they see fit and not even giving the creator the option to just say no?

as for Stagnant teired decks, if something in this CCG that isn't OP'ed remains Stagnant at the top of the list for say 2-3 sets then it's fine. It just means it was well put together and that people should try to think of ways to beat the deck. [or at least thats my oppion]
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:25 am

Alpha WereLord wrote:So you wish to make mulligan a yugioh rule? Slightly different than mulligan. And yes if it will make duels more interesting

And you wish for members to post changes to cards as they see fit and not even giving the creator the option to just say no? They can provide their own change, but it must follow suit to the original change. This would only be when cards are already in the set, btw.

as for Stagnant teired decks, if something in this CCG that isn't OP'ed remains Stagnant at the top of the list for say 2-3 sets then it's fine. It just means it was well put together and that people should try to think of ways to beat the deck. [or at least thats my oppion]The thing is we all have different ideas about which cards are OP'd and which are not. This idea is based entirely on duels to make decks relatively equal in wins/losses instead of people's opinions on balance.

I'm sure there are many more concerns so anyone, go ahead and voice them and i'll answer the best i can.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:45 pm

* what would happen if ones purposely UP a card of another creator's to a state of being almost unplayable

*what would happen if ones eliminated the point of a creator's card's effect then add something that isn't relevant to other cards (supposedly this would be question for theme/archetype but when it come to theme those would by chance to be convert to something else other than a specific theme.)
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:43 am

Skeith wrote:* what would happen if ones purposely UP a card of another creator's to a state of being almost unplayable

*what would happen if ones eliminated the point of a creator's card's effect then add something that isn't relevant to other cards (supposedly this would be question for theme/archetype but when it come to theme those would by chance to be convert to something else other than a specific theme.)

A card that is changed excessively would be naturally fixed either through the original creator offering an alternative change, or through dueling and testing. It would also be unwise to unfairly nerf a card, because if in testing, it is proved to be too much of a nerf, the card is reverted to normal and cannot be changed for 2 months. Then you've lost any chance to change it again for a long time, so it's better if you choose to change a card slightly because of this.

Oh, thank you for pointing this out, i forgot to include it. If a person wants to change a card to be too different from the original effect, they can reject the change (but they'd have to tell whoever is facilitating this system first)

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:23 am

Once agin you say that the creator may offer an alternative change it doesn't give the creator a chance to deffend the card as it is and it means that the text of the card must be changed.
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:45 am

Alpha WereLord wrote:Once agin you say that the creator may offer an alternative change it doesn't give the creator a chance to deffend the card as it is and it means that the text of the card must be changed.

Actually that is true. Other people get to make decisions and you have some final say in the details. And there are a couple reasons why it's set up like that, and I can explain more on the chat sometime.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:21 am

This seems very interesting, I could get into it, although I am not sure I want to touch any of the more revered cards yet until the format goes on a little longer.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:This seems very interesting, I could get into it, although I am not sure I want to touch any of the more revered cards yet until the format goes on a little longer.

Very Happy

Yeah, I'm sure it would be a while before this is even seriously considered, but I thought i'd post it here now while the idea was still fresh.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down