LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reminiscing

3 posters

Go down

Reminiscing Empty Reminiscing

Post by Seattleite Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:59 pm

~ Story ~

Before LCCG, there was Griffin's sticky in WC that "substituted" as a CCG. It was just basically a place where you set up duels, and that was it. It died after a few months, and with no CCG running yet I wanted to make my own. Of course that's about the time Griffin made another one, then Guybrush, then LeoMence, so I didn't have my chance.

I am totally fine with LCCG and have no intention of breaking off or anything. But if you're interested, this is what would have happened instead Wink

~ End Story ~

The Thread I was going to post:

As you see I've already implemented some of those ideas into the LCCG.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Reminiscing Empty Re: Reminiscing

Post by Anime Girl References Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:23 pm

It reminded me of my IRL CCG that me and my friends made in school. Due to how expensive and shitty most Yugioh cards were, and how jaded we were from being dumped over by money cards and pointless filler, we made our own. It was called "Poorgioh" as a nickname because the idea "Custom Card Game" never rung in our heads yet.

It was a flexible game, and all cards revolved around the thought that more than 2 people were playing at a time, which made it hella fun.

It composed of me, the Effect Generator.
Maria, the Turn-count lover.
James, the Controller/card manipulator.
and Jeremy, the Survivalist.

We drew on index cards, and like most CCGs, we started with Normal Monsters and generic Spells and Traps. We all chose a type and made cards around it. I started with Zombies, Maria started with Spellcasters/Warriors/Fairies, James started with Fiends/Dragons/Plants, and Jeremy started with Sea-Serpents/Dinosaurs/Insects.

The general caps were, from ATK to DEF:

Level 1 1000 - 1900
Level 2 1400 - 2000
Level 3 1700 - 2100
Level 4 1900 - 2200
Level 5 2550 - 3000
Level 6 2600 - 3000
Level 7 3000 - 3200
Level 8 3200 - 3500

As time moved along, we started to make effect monsters, fusion monsters and ritual monsters. We formed union cards and what not, and always tried to avoid making bad cards since nobody would ever use them. We didn't care if somebody had an overpowered card, later on we could go Ally of Justice on them and create an effective anti-meta card against it.

We also played draft tournaments, where we would all create a bunch of cards, dump them into a box, and take 20 cards from the monster pile, and 20 cards from the S/T pile.

Great fun was had.

We played from the creation of Invasion of Chaos all the way to Hidden Arsenal 1, when we eventually ran out of good effects to use and different strategies to come up with.

Even with Resummoning, Withering, Aeon Monsters, 9 Divine-Beasts, Anti-Anti-Anti-Anti decks, 4 player rumbles.

What killed off our enjoyment of the game was the fact that nobody wanted to play with each others cards, they only wanted to make their own deck better. No more unions or collaborations were had.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 am

Darkest Hour wrote:
What killed off our enjoyment of the game was the fact that nobody wanted to play with each others cards, they only wanted to make their own deck better. No more unions or collaborations were had.

I think we could all learn from this :O
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Seattleite wrote:
Darkest Hour wrote:

I think we could all learn from this :O

indeed
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Right now in TCG most duels are going quite one-sided for 90% of the time even when i duels, it's didn't have the same hardships as the first 10 sets have because due to the commonly Special Summon. it was almost as if most decks are neither strong or weak and it was anyone's game and the duels last like 15-60 mins between (i had duels that lasted good 2 hours once lol) but all i ask where the time goes? FTK simply kill players off without giving a chance to try their hardest. OTK is not at bad as FTK because there always a change to avert OTK however the chance to avert is 2.5% to 15% depending how many cars in your hand have ways to avert or not. :/ have anyone read any of YDS's Annual reports of National & local tournaments about how many ppl quit due to OTK and FTK? they been happening since 2005 right?
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 am

deleted posts to keep on topic - off-topic discussion carried to PM.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Seattleite wrote:deleted posts to keep on topic - off-topic discussion carried to PM.

You...you...DOUBLE ORWELLIAN
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:38 pm

but it was carried to pm :O you can check ur PM on YCM for it Very Happy
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:09 pm

double orwellian well that was quite a polite insult that i never thought i'll see the day that it will come back lol
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Well I am going to try and do what I didn't do in my old CCG.

And I am doing it right now.

So there.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum