LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreadfiends

5 posters

Go down

Dreadfiends Empty Dreadfiends

Post by Aquamarius Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:41 am

So yeah, here's some cards.
EDIT: Forgot the levels. Dumb, dumb me.
Dreadfiend Mammoth
Level 3
EARTH Beast
1500 ATK, 800 DEF
When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, add 1 Level 3 or lower "Dreadfiend" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Dreadfiend Mammoth". You can Tribute this card to negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect that activates in the hand, involves the hand, or causes the controller to draw card(s), and destroy it.

Dreadfiend Summoner
Level 2
DARK Spellcaster
500 ATK, 800 DEF
FLIP : Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Gemini Monster from your Deck. It cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

Dreadfiend Soul
Level 4
DARK Fiend Spirit
1400 ATK, 1800 DEF
This card cannot be Special Summoned, except from the Deck by the effect of a "Dreadfiend" monster. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is returns to the owner's hand, you can return 1 monster on the field to the owner's hand.

Dreadfiend Peacemaker
Level 4
LIGHT Fairy
500 ATK, 1700 DEF
When a monster you control is selected as an attack target, you can Special Summon this card from your hand to negate that attack.(if the attacked monster was face-down, flip it face-up) If you do, the attacked monster cannot be selected as an attack target as long as this card remains face-up on the field.

Dreadfiend General
Level 4
EARTH Warrior
1700 ATK, 2000 DEF
FLIP: Special Summon Level 4 "Dreadfiend" monster from your Deck.

Dreadfiend Recruiter
Level 4
EARTH Warrior
800 ATK, 400 DEF
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Dreadfiend" monster with 1700 or less ATK from your Deck in face-down Defense Position.

Dreadfiend Detective
Level 2
EARTH Fiend
550 ATK, 350 DEF
You can discard this card to activate 1 of the following effects :
*Discard 1 monster. Add 1 "Dreadfiend" monster from your Deck to your hand.
*Discard 2 monsters. Add 1 Monster Card from your Deck to your hand.

Dreadfiend Dragonlord
Level 4
FIRE Dragon
600 ATK, 2000 DEF
When a face-up Dragon-Type monster is selected as an attack target, you can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Defense Position. Change the attack target to this card. When a monster with less ATK than this card's DEF attacks this Defense Position monster, it is destroyed without applying damage calculation. When this card is destroyed by your opponent and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 "Dreadfiend" monster with 800 or less DEF from your Deck to your hand.

Dreadfiend Powerhand
Level 4
DARK Warrior
600 ATK, 1800 DEF
When a monster(s) is Special Summoned, you can Tribute this Defense Position monster(if it is face-down, reveal it to your opponent) to negate the Special Summon of that monster and destroy it.

Dreadfiend Medusa
Level 6
DARK Reptile
2100, 0 DEF
If you control a face-up Sea Serpent or Reptile-Type monster, you can Normal Summon this card from your hand without Tributing. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 Sea Serpent or Reptile-Type monster from your Graveyard. If you control another face-up "Dreadfiend" monster, this card's original ATK becomes 2500.

Last edited by Aquamarius on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

Dreadfiends Empty Re: Dreadfiends

Post by Seattleite Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:59 am

Aquamarius wrote:So yeah, here's some cards.
Dreadfiend Mammoth
EARTH Beast
1300 ATK, 800 DEF
When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, add 1 Level 3 or lower "Dreadfiend" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Dreadfiend Mammoth". You can Tribute this card to negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect that activates in the hand, involves the hand, or causes the controller to draw card(s), and destroy it.
What's the level of this card? Anyway nice searcher. Control effect is kind of random but nice addition anyways.

Dreadfiend Summoner
DARK Spellcaster
500 ATK, 800 DEF
FLIP : Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Gemini Monster from your Deck. It cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.
GOOD support for gemini's Very Happy

Dreadfiend Soul
DARK Fiend Spirit
1400 ATK, 1800 DEF
This card cannot be Special Summoned, except from the Deck by the effect of a "Dreadfiend" monster. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is returns to the owner's hand, if you control another face-up monster, you can return 1 monster on the field to the owner's hand.
Spirit monster for an archetype, our first one, yay! Anyways nice. Reminds me of that one for Ice Barriers.... idk what's its name

Dreadfiend Peacemaker
LIGHT Fairy
500 ATK, 1700 DEF
When a "Dreadfiend" monster you control is selected as an attack target, you can Special Summon this card from your hand to negate that attack.(if the attacked monster was face-down, flip it face-up) If you do, the attacked monster cannot be selected as an attack target as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
Cool for some stall. Need the levels though...

Dreadfiend General
EARTH Warrior
1700 ATK, 1600 DEF
FLIP: Add 1 Level 4 "Dreadfiend" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Dreadfiend General".
More searching, this one just for lv4's. Alright.

Dreadfiend Recruiter
EARTH Warrior
800 ATK, 400 DEF
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Dreadfiend" monster from your Deck with 1500 or less ATK.
Even More Searching XD.

Dreadfiend Detective
EARTH Fiend
550 ATK, 350 DEF
Hmm... I don't know if people would want to -2 for 1 monster, with such a specific requirement. Maybe you could increase the options, like "You can send this card from your Hand or your side of the Field to the graveyard to activate 1 of the following effects.." That way, SS'ing it can set off the effect too.

Dreadfiend Dragonlord
FIRE Dragon
600 ATK, 2000 DEF
When a face-up Dragon-Type monster is selected as an attack target, you can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Defense Position. Change the attack target to this card. When a monster with less ATK than this card's DEF attacks this Defense Position monster, it is destroyed without applying damage calculation. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 "Dreadfiend" monster with 800 or less DEF from your Deck to your hand.
The effect is useful enough (and balanced), but it'd be hard to run dragons along with Dreadfiends IMO, unless i'm missing something.

Dreadfiend Powerhand
DARK Warrior
600 ATK, 1800 DEF
When a monster(s) is Special Summoned, you can Tribute this Defense Position monster(if it is face-down, reveal it to your opponent) to negate the Special Summon of that monster and destroy it.
Whoa, nice. Defensive Dreadcaster / rai-oh (if you want to think in the TCG) with archetype support is fine by me.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:13 am

Ok levels.

You're right, mammoth doesn't have much to search... you could make recruiter a Lv3, but don't do that if it'd ruin your archetype...
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:38 pm

i dun think Dragonlord live up to its name :/ maybe Dragardna xD
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Dreadfiend Detective
EARTH Fiend
550 ATK, 350 DEF

Discard 1 Moroi and 1 Rabisu, add Lichwyrm to my hand? I like.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:44 am

The only cards that I don't like out of them are the Soul and the Dragonlord. They seem very bleh.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Dreadfiends Empty Updated

Post by Aquamarius Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Added Medusa. Also, changed General to a Special Summon. Opinions? Also, what would you think of Soul destroying instead of bouncing?
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 am

If you control another face-up "Dreadfiend" monster, this card's original ATK becomes 2800.

with how easy it is to get out these dreadfiends...

errrrrrr
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquamarius Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:47 am

Darkest Hour wrote:
If you control another face-up "Dreadfiend" monster, this card's original ATK becomes 2800.

with how easy it is to get out these dreadfiends...

errrrrrr
Derp. Kay, changed it.
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:46 am

ALRIGHTY THEN.

Mammoth - I like it's effect. There are a lot of cards in the CCG that work with effects from the hand, so much that this could probably turn out as good side-deck material. Search effect is a nice bonus but needs a decent target.

Summoner - No real use in the Archetype, but does something that doesn't really exist in LCCG at the moment - give Gemini's some genuine support. Thumbs up for that.

Soul - Only way of SS is via General or Recruiter. Only one I'd really consider of the pair is General. Aside from that, I'd recommend that it's bounce restriction is removed - having this dead and only being able to use it as a wall would be rather disappointing. I don't think it needs to destroy, just make it easier to bounce. Neutral

Peacemaker - Peacemaker is a nice Battle Fader-esque card. Shame it isn't splashable, but I imagine it could safely be used at 1 in the archetype, and is a nice way to gain advantage with General.

General - MAKE IT 2000 DEF HURR. Quite a nice card, but lack of targets is disappointing. Soul would be the only one worth getting IMO. :/

Recruiter - I'm not so keen. You could suicide it and grab a Soul, but grabbing a Mammoth seems the best choice to me. Again, not too many targets. Or you could Set it of course, but that's even slower. :\

Detective - Eww -'s. Not got any use outside of discarding itself, but it seems far too costly. Perhaps drop the discard for Dreadfiends and cut the discards to 1 for everything else.

Dragonlord - This'd be annoying in multiples, not that I'd play it at any more than 1 (if that). I think, it should be able to search just if destroyed by an opponent, not specifying how. Makes it a wall and pretty much a guaranteed search, which would be cool.

Powerhand - Looks like a very nice anti-meta style card. Absolutely fine.

Medusa - Thank goodness it isn't WATER. Finding it hard to come up with uses though, save for reviving a spent Ancient Dweller of the Deep. :T

All in all, they look pretty good, with a nice range to their effects, from Anti-Meta to quick SS'ing. The only problem I see is the lack of good targets for the search cards. There's a nice touch of splashability to a few of them and the ability to help other themes, rather than just the archetype. I don't think there really needs to be any alterations, save for Detective and Soul.

DONE.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquamarius Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks, Snowy, great advice.
Now, changes :
Mammoth ATK from 1300 to 1500
Soul now doesn't need another monster on the field
Peacemaker is generic
General DEF from 1600 to 2000