LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We knew this day would come (sorry, not DA)

5 posters

Go down

We knew this day would come (sorry, not DA) Empty We knew this day would come (sorry, not DA)

Post by Seattleite Mon May 30, 2011 7:45 am

Time for the fixing bonanza so we can get on with the tournament already.

* Pegasus Flock - no removing spells, something to limit spamming 3 of those things in 1 turn

* Electric Current - idk, something major, so it's not so Raigeki-Like D: Changed to "Destroy 2 cards on the field" and "Normal Summon or Flip Summon"

* Dark Swordlord - realized this is a real beezy when you have the upper hand. Maybe something so it's only practical to gain the upper hand.

* Ultimate Flash - no moar PoG (Suggestion given of banning/limiting it)

* Flash Phoenix - Suggestion given of Limit/Semi, maybe increase the RFG cost.

* Sudden Bloom/Phoenixian Flower combo - Change/Limit/something either card for no moar massive +'S. :/ ( Proposed - Phoenixian Flower SS's a Level 3 (exactly) Tuner monster )

* Burning Development Dragon - Stop the infamous Blazing Grasslands combo which levels them all up in one turn and inflicts massive damage, and also the burn effect amounts themselves (if I remember someone saying something about that...)

* Turbulent Zephyr Magus - Once per turn, reveal to SS.

* Solanum Hivemaggot - change Lv to 4, ATK boost to 500, max of 2 times usage.

--------------------------

So, you can either agree with changes (where applicable), or provide your own.

Remember, these have been tested in duels, so the people who participated in those specific duels get a slight priority in deciding what or what not to change, since they know the problems associated.

Last edited by Seattleite on Mon May 30, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

We knew this day would come (sorry, not DA) Empty Re: We knew this day would come (sorry, not DA)

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 am

Seattleite wrote:* Burning Development Dragon - Stop the infamous Blazing Grasslands combo which levels them all up in one turn and inflicts massive damage, and also the burn effect amounts themselves (if I remember someone saying something about that...)
That was the point. Make a GOOD Lv monster and I did that. And Sea Lv monsters usually Lv up to the next form turn after turn I just made him faster.

Although I'll admit that I didn't take Blazing Grasslands into account...

Also IF you are talking about litteral 1 turn Lv up into Lv 10 that doesn't work because the effect(s) would miss timming
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

We knew this day would come (sorry, not DA) Empty Re: We knew this day would come (sorry, not DA)

Post by Seattleite Mon May 30, 2011 10:10 am

1. No, I was referring to the "reveal 1 FIRE monster in your hand to inflict..." effect. Someone might have said it was too much and should be lessened (like instead of 800x level to 600x level)

2. It wouldn't miss the timing, your End Phase can literally go on forever as long as effects keep activating, so after you summon a higher level dragon, inflict burn damage, that's all done and stuff, and the condition is fulfilled, you have inflicted damage that turn and can then SS the next Level after the effect of Blazing Grasslands resolves.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Mon May 30, 2011 10:18 am

change the effect to when this card inflicts damage
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon May 30, 2011 10:19 am

Awesome, that works.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Mon May 30, 2011 10:40 am

another fix is Dragarity - Dacolus the Assurance due to it's uselessness and being a practice target for the opponent lol
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Mon May 30, 2011 2:14 pm

I saw that horrible ruling thrown around on here. Please don't tell me we actually use that horribly defined "missed the timing" ruling on here too where if Optional effects activate when something else activates before it or resolves after it then the effect never happens.

Solanum Hivemaggot
Level 4
Once per turn, send 1 Zombie-type monster from your deck to the Graveyard to increase the ATK of this card by 500 points until the End Phase of the opponent's turn.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Mon May 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Choose one of the following effects equal to the number of "Flash" monsters in your Graveyard: 4-7: Draw 2 cards. 8-11: Special Summon 1 monster from either Graveyard. It cannot declare an attack. 12+: Destroy all monsters on the field.

It's too easy to run 1-3 copies of Flash monsters. 4, not so much since that's 1/5 of your monsters in a 40 card deck.

"* Dark Swordlord - realized this is a real beezy when you have the upper hand. Maybe something so it's only practical to gain the upper hand."

If I read this sentence correctly, the same could be said with Allure Queen and most of the Dragunity monsters since they do the same thing most of the time. Everything seems too strong when you don't have the upper hand and it's allowed to be more effective and get away with doing stuff.

1 Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-Tuners. Once per turn, you can equip 1 face-up monster on the field to this card. You can send 1 equipped monster to the Graveyard to prevent the destruction of this card. This card can only be equipped with 1 monster at a time.

So far, i am reading a Level 5 Relinquished without it's ATK & DEF gain or reverse battle damage effect.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Mon May 30, 2011 2:51 pm

1 "Zero" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters. Once per turn, remove from play 1 "Zero" card in your Graveyard and Special Summon 1 "Zero" monster card from your Deck.

i can see how the "remove 1 Zero card" thing can seem like it's evading cost if he is using a deck full of non-reusable Spell cards.

How quickly can he get out these Level 8 Synchros to have 3 of these doing this? If that's the case it's either due to lack of much-needed removal cards or the opponent isn't applying enough pressure.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Alright we'll be sure to change the dragarity like you asked.

Darkest's solanum suggestion works.

EDIT: Whoa, lots of comments.

@ Missing the Timing: Honestly I don't like it either, but we will have to have a discussion on that whether the majority of members want it / don't want it and what impact it will have on cards already made.

@ Flash - Ok that works.

@ Dark Sworlord - True, and naturally those with the upper hand will have an advantage, but this card in specific creates a slippery slope (lolgriffinquote). When you don't have field advantage, the only practical way to get it is to summon or set monsters (in addition to spells and traps, but that is the main part). This card has immunity to destruction once while equipped, then next turn you can just equip again. Getting this out mid game or late game almost ensures continuous suppression. Even if you try to conserve resources, and they already stole one of your monsters, the player with the swordlord can
just summon another synchro or so and pressure your defenses. They might be able to avoid it for some time, but eventually they will have to face the swordlord to get to your lifepoints, and with deplenished resources it's very difficult.

It's better than relinquished, it's a level 5 generic synchro, one fairly common to summon, plus it has immunity to all destruction, and not just battle.

I had a simple idea that wouldn't detract from the card's potential as a gameturner card:

Once per turn, if your opponent controls equal or more monsters than you do, you can equip 1 face-up monster on the field to this card. You can send 1 equipped monster to the Graveyard to prevent the destruction of this card. This card can only be equipped with 1 monster at a time.

@ "How quickly can he get out these Level 8 Synchros to have 3 of these doing this? If that's the case it's either due to lack of much-needed removal cards or the opponent isn't applying enough pressure."

There is a combo involving Zero Monk and Cursed Flame Magician that can swarm 3 pegasus flock and 1 other card (don't remember which). It can pretty much be done on the first turn.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Mon May 30, 2011 6:42 pm

CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue May 31, 2011 3:36 am

It's a Solanum Hivemaggot?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:29 am

So, is anyone not ok with my idea for Dark Swordlord / Darkest's idea for Ultimate Flash & Solanum Hivemaggot / once per turn for Zephyr Magus, or can we move on? Smile
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquamarius Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:56 am

I think all those fine. I'd like give my opinion on other cards, though :
Pegasus Flock : I think a Limit or, at least, a Semi would be good. 2 is already a lot easier to get rid of than 3, but still hard.
Flash Phoenix : Limit. Definitely.
Sudden Bloom/Phoenixian Flower : I think Limiting one of them is a good idea. I lean towards Sudden Bloom, myself.
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:50 am

Aquamarius wrote:I think all those fine. I'd like give my opinion on other cards, though :
Pegasus Flock : I think a Limit or, at least, a Semi would be good. 2 is already a lot easier to get rid of than 3, but still hard.
Flash Phoenix : Limit. Definitely.
Sudden Bloom/Phoenixian Flower : I think Limiting one of them is a good idea. I lean towards Sudden Bloom, myself.

@ Pegasus Flock - alright, that sounds reasonable. Maybe a Semi? The combo uses up a lot of advantage though anyways, and i'm fine with using up advantage to swarm, etc. as long as it's not an easy OTK.

@ Phoenix - ok.

@ Sudden Bloom - sounds alright. We might have to get some opinions from a Phoenixian Player though, since we don't want to ruin the archetype, so we'll see which one makes the deck more.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm also thinking of boosting Solar Princess's Burn Effect to 200x each LIGHT monster, to make it a little more competitive.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:20 am

Ok, I think that's everything.

I need two things:

* Any last-minute changes you guys want

* Scheath, I need Dragarity Dacolus' new effect Very Happy
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum