LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealed Play

4 posters

Go down

Sealed Play Empty Sealed Play

Post by Leo Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 am

Since Konami has been pushing their sealed play formats, I think it would be interesting to create our own sealed play format. This would probably include 200 cards that we hand pick from the LCCG card pool. Post down below cards that you think should be included. I will start the list bellow in a spoiler.

Potential Card List:

Last edited by Leo on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Sealed Play Empty Re: Sealed Play

Post by Seattleite Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 am

nice avi mang. Umm... Evil Paper Daemon? Is that just for obligatory bad vanillas?

Also maybe we should lay off the staples, see how a game is with just semi-staples and splashable cards. Thoughts?

My Heavily Biased List:
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:44 am

Evil Paper Daemon because first card in CCG and it is badass.

I still think we should have a couple big name staples, but not to many. I will also add all the cards to the list that you mentioned. It is just a preliminary list atm.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:45 am

No lifeforce, hostile, disorientation, strix, and maybe scrap destruction and splitting cut. It's to give other cards a chance to shine.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:50 am

EMSOUP wrote:No lifeforce, hostile, disorientation, strix, and maybe scrap destruction and splitting cut. It's to give other cards a chance to shine.

Exactly. I was hoping that this format would be one that we have a very different format and we use cards that people don't necessarily consider on a day to day basis in deck building.

Also I think we should try bringing a couple banned cards into this. Maybe Ampule or TC Forced Slumber to make it even more interesting.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:47 am

I plan on making a list of 300~ cards when I get home for us the choose from.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:24 pm

go for it. please no lifeforce, witch, hostile, scrap destruct, exploiter, and no banned cards and archetype specific cards.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:14 pm

EMSOUP wrote:go for it. please no lifeforce, witch, hostile, scrap destruct, exploiter, and no banned cards and archetype specific cards.

Don't worry I will not. Archetype specific cards might be an except if they are generic enough to be played in Sealed.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:26 pm

archetype specific means a card that only worked within the archetype. Also on not to include list: specific counters for decks(it's useless in sealed play), gimmick cards, cards that's only useful in conjunction with another gimmicky card, cards that's too much of a hassle to run/summon, and cards that's just plain bad(bar evil paper daemon). Also, you should think about what playstyle and theme the sealed metagame should achieve(like the theme of BP02, and such). This will help you on determining the cards that you'll include(eventhough the card pool is not that huge to have the sealed card pool be radically different between themes)

What to include: generally splashable cards that's underused, good but overshadowed generic cards(thunderrous overrule for example), level 6 tribute monsters, generally usable fun cards that takes skill to use/master(die for me), and the likes. The aim is that the player can make a working strategy out of any realistic and fair combinations of the sealed card pool. A player shouldn't have a card that's completely useless in his/her cardpool(except if he/she's really unlucky. Like only get 1 level 4 and then got a rank 4 xyz, or tourguide without any level 3 fiends).

Also, after pooling the cards, you should consider what cards can make a huge, unfair impact in the artificial meta. You can look for the BP02's articles in konami's official website for some reference(also, why they didn't include safe zone and easy removal there).
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:31 pm

EMSOUP wrote:archetype specific means a card that only worked within the archetype. Also on not to include list: specific counters for decks(it's useless in sealed play), gimmick cards, cards that's only useful in conjunction with another gimmicky card, cards that's too much of a hassle to run/summon, and cards that's just plain bad(bar evil paper daemon). Also, you should think about what playstyle and theme the sealed metagame should achieve(like the theme of BP02, and such). This will help you on determining the cards that you'll include(eventhough the card pool is not that huge to have the sealed card pool be radically different between themes)

What to include: generally splashable cards that's underused, good but overshadowed generic cards(thunderrous overrule for example), level 6 tribute monsters, generally usable fun cards that takes skill to use/master(die for me), and the likes. The aim is that the player can make a working strategy out of any realistic and fair combinations of the sealed card pool. A player shouldn't have a card that's completely useless in his/her cardpool(except if he/she's really unlucky. Like only get 1 level 4 and then got a rank 4 xyz, or tourguide without any level 3 fiends).

Also, after pooling the cards, you should consider what cards can make a huge, unfair impact in the artificial meta. You can look for the BP02's articles in konami's official website for some reference(also, why they didn't include safe zone and easy removal there).

Will definitely keep this in mind. I also plan to test the sealed format a bit before releasing it.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:45 am

anyway, do you have the preliminary list of cards to include?
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:16 pm

but there are no gimmick cards in the LCCG
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 pm

grandmaster majin-dai
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Anyway, I'm back. I'll help you test starting tomorrow.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:24 pm

I haven't been doing it since the new leak came out for tcg and i have been testing. I should been done soon though.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down