LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the forum points mean anything?

+3
EMSOUP
Seattleite
DIGITAL
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do the forum points mean anything? Empty Do the forum points mean anything?

Post by DIGITAL Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Here are my suggestions for using the points:
-Creating a Betting Page under the category "Other"

-------Other-
-------------Other-
-------------Betting-

-This way if you have a bet, and other players want to make a bet on the same topic as well, they can.
Explanation:

-Creating a Contest Category where people bet points on who can make better cards or decks and the community votes on the best

-------LCCG Club-
--------------Contests-
---------------------Card Creation-
---------------------Deck Creation-

-Creating an Admin Store where things are bought that display things like a "Member Rank" in a character Sheet

-------Other-
--------------Admin Store-

-Every post (except in other) is worth points, and wiki edits are worth points, which these are redeemed in the store for what ever we can come up with.

Spent Points:
-200 Points for a "Rank Up" (no max rank. Rank is just for looks)
-50 Points for a Card Slot
-500 Points for an Archtype Slot (does not increase amount of cards allowed per player per set. Can redeem ONLY if you did not have an archtype the set previous.)
-(IDEA) 3,000 for a Mini (25-35) Card set (need comments for this one)

Gained Points:
-1 per day (automatic)
-1 per post
-2 per topic
-3 per friend added
-5 per Wiki Edit
-Antes in Duels
-LCCG League Prizes

New as well are Character Sheets which currently include:
-Rank (not editable by members which displayed your bought rank)
-Swag (Editable by members which displays your nickname)

And while we're at it... Who wants to change forum skins? xD

Ideas?

If all of this were to take place, should we reset the current points?

Last edited by SoulFire on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 17 times in total
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Do the forum points mean anything? Empty Re: Do the forum points mean anything?

Post by Seattleite Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Probably not. The only thing we can give out as a "prize" is more card slots, which is already the wikia's job.

Plus spam isn't always in the Other section, i.e. your posts in the booty call thread Razz
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:36 pm

move the booty call thread to other? and there has to be something xD
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm

good point, probably should've happened a while ago... *moved*

Anyway... some other prizes we can give out? What about renders / graphics n stuff? We got some graphic artists here.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:48 pm

well the issue is then that becomes a job for them with no positive output other then nice looking images: NEXT xD

Random Off Topic Idea:
Card Contests / Deck Building Contests for Points... Just Saying

but a prize could include...
-Ranks? (Since you can create ranks other than Member, Admin, and Mod) just to show that you contribute well to the community
-Archtype Slot (not extra cards)
-(Still coming up with ideas..)
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Updated
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm

hmm, what would betting do?
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 pm

People place bets on certain things, say someone bets that:

Sea: I bet 500 that this new member will not post in a month

ME: I bet he will

Bet: 500

so lets say we have 10 members saying he wont and 2 members saying he will.

If he posts: Each of the 10 members sends 250 to each of the 2 members

If he does not: Each of the 2 members sends 50 points to each 10 member (so each member only loses 500 points)

This number is rounded down if it does not divide evenly.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Being able to submit more cards is always nice, I guess.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 am

since apparently some people (including Leo) didn't get the memo... BUMP
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 am

In general I kind of don't care about the points, I always just thought they were there.

And when it comes to limiting how many cards we have per set we might not be able to redeem enough points to get our card slots (since most sets are in multiples of 100 or just a flat 100)
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 am

Redeeming points is for extra cards
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:28 am

i dislike these ideas
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:26 pm

SoulFire wrote:Here are my suggestions for using the points:
-Creating a Betting Page under the category "Other"

-------Other-
-------------Other-
-------------Betting-

-This way if you have a bet, and other players want to make a bet on the same topic as well, they can.
I like this idea but I'd like this to be just one thread, don't think it will get enough traffic to warrant a new forum

Explanation:

-Creating a Contest Category where people bet points on who can make better cards or decks and the community votes on the best

-------LCCG Club-
--------------Contests-
---------------------Card Creation-
---------------------Deck Creation-
How about just a Contests Forum for same reason

-Creating an Admin Store where things are bought that display things like a "Member Rank" in a character Sheet

-------Other-
--------------Admin Store-
Again, same thing

-Every post (except in other) is worth points, and wiki edits are worth points, which these are redeemed in the store for what ever we can come up with.
Make it 5 per wiki and yes

Spent Points:
I don't think anyone would buy this, especially admins/mods who can just edit their prof anyway Sad
-500 Points for an Archtype Slot (does not increase amount of cards allowed per player per set. Can redeem ONLY if you did not have an archtype the set previous.)
I feel like this would throw it out of balance. I like how new members need to bleed for special treatment >=D But i don't think archetype slots should be left up to something so arbitrary.
Could work

Gained Points:
-1 per day (automatic) Impossibru
-1 per post
-2 per topic
-3 per friend added BUT BUT I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL FRIENDS :'( [besides the system doesn't contribute to forum growth
-5 per Wiki Edit
-Antes in Duels
-LCCG League Prizes
aah now it's interesting

New as well are Character Sheets which currently include:
-Rank (not editable by members which displayed your bought rank)
-Swag (Editable by members which displays your nickname)
I won't be using it extensively, but go ahead

And while we're at it... Who wants to change forum skins? xD
Tell us a color

Ideas?

If all of this were to take place, should we reset the current points? yes
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Ash wrote:i dislike these ideas

reasons make the world go round
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:28 pm

how about Green and Red to match the Christmas Season Razz
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:29 pm

SoulFire wrote:how about Green and Red to match the Christmas Season Razz

It's not even Thanksgiving >:O

don't forget about us amuricans

Last edited by Seattleite on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Fine an orangeish brown for thanks giving Razz
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:01 am

reasons?

betting is pointless, and in no way should it have a subforum. look at forums that should be active to promote growth, rather than unneeded and frankly useless ones. i can near guarantee that it would not have enough use to warrant it being there.

contests can easily be done and reported in the card suggestions and deck subforums. again, absolutely no reason to have separate subforums for something with so little use.

Spent Points:

if it's just for looks then why are we trying to find ways to segregate members. this can only be a bad idea - no one should like the idea that 1 person is held in higher esteem based on post/point count

i dislike the idea that sets can be skewed because people have a shit ton of points. this has already happened, in terms of competitive balance the last 2 sets have been disastrous. dsa in particular.

and this only does it more. this would allow for insane archetype dumping. i will never allow this to happen.

again, this buys in to the idea that you can post a shitload of utter bollocks and then skew the card base by submitting op cards. i dislike every concept in post: get points: submit fucking everything.

i get that people are in this to make cards and then play with them but someone has to be on the other end and play against them. it's up to me to ensure that both players can enjoy the game and if by doing so i have to shoot down concepts that allow specific members to freely submit much more than others and then affect the potential to have a balanced game then i will do so.

i neither get the idea of why we should have concept sheets, nor do i understand what it brings to the forum at all.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:27 am

Ash wrote:reasons?

betting is pointless, and in no way should it have a subforum. look at forums that should be active to promote growth, rather than unneeded and frankly useless ones. i can near guarantee that it would not have enough use to warrant it being there.

contests can easily be done and reported in the card suggestions and deck subforums. again, absolutely no reason to have separate subforums for something with so little use.

Spent Points:

if it's just for looks then why are we trying to find ways to segregate members. this can only be a bad idea - no one should like the idea that 1 person is held in higher esteem based on post/point count

i dislike the idea that sets can be skewed because people have a shit ton of points. this has already happened, in terms of competitive balance the last 2 sets have been disastrous. dsa in particular.

and this only does it more. this would allow for insane archetype dumping. i will never allow this to happen.

again, this buys in to the idea that you can post a shitload of utter bollocks and then skew the card base by submitting op cards. i dislike every concept in post: get points: submit fucking everything.

i get that people are in this to make cards and then play with them but someone has to be on the other end and play against them. it's up to me to ensure that both players can enjoy the game and if by doing so i have to shoot down concepts that allow specific members to freely submit much more than others and then affect the potential to have a balanced game then i will do so.

i neither get the idea of why we should have concept sheets, nor do i understand what it brings to the forum at all.

it's quite simple: it doesn't give benefits, it only waste of time doing some bullshit activities in this idea, also I think wikia redeeming points should be terminated as well but then again, the sake of updating the wikia apparently not enough of a motivation for some people as they want something more <_<
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:45 am

hmm, touche.

"betting is pointless, and in no way should it have a subforum."

- That's what I thought, it should be a single thread in Other or something

"contests can easily be done and reported in the card suggestions and deck subforums."

- I think that's better.

"i neither get the idea of why we should have concept sheets, nor do i understand what it brings to the forum at all."

- Just for the gimmicks

The only thing I don't get is what you say about "extra card slots = op'dness = unbalance". I do not get the correlation. It would have been that we didn't do a great enough job at reviewing the cards rather than giving people an extra card or two.

---------------------------------------------------

"the sake of updating the wikia apparently not enough of a motivation for some people as they want something more <_<"

- I actually like the system for that exact reason. The images and tips increase the quality of the player experience.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 am

The issue with freely giving other people extra cards slots is that our CCGs blance is dictated the same way that MTG's is and that is that we make everything oped. (Compared to the tcg) Ie. there are tons of cards that would be banned if they were in the TCG, that will never be banned here because we have a compleatly different view of "balance". Now as for what this has to do with members and submitting cards? Most people have different preference decks for them to use and thus also we have different card submissions to support different style decks, types, and mechanics. Because our CCG is based on An "MTG" style balance if 1 type of deck is supported more than another's of course the deck with the better support can usually pull out the win. Meh I'm rambling...well I gusse what I'm try to say is why the idea of extra cards slots can be considered unfair is this, each card creator is gonna have a different view on balance. Every card creator is gonna have a different view on what needs support. Every card creator is gonna have a different view on how they wanna play this game. This is the sole reason CCG's even exist, is so people can put there own spin off on things and make there voice heard.

ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:49 am

So basically removing all of the points shit, the only thing I truly wan to see are the contests. (With no prizes, just for fun)
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:01 am

sea, take a quick look at how many points some members have

now consider if someone were to take all those points, and drop a huge bunch of cards within a set, or submit a large number of minisets, and archetypes alongside.

now consider how difficult it would be to make sure that they are all balanced and playable and not completely tilt the set/side-set in which they are submitted in a fashion that would greatly affect the overall card pool.

now, with the system proposed, all members would be capable of doing so. and being a ccg, i imagine a lot of people would very much like to. this, all at once, would be near impossible to regulate in a way which keep the newly submitted cards in balance with what already exists.

@werelord - i kinda get what you're saying but i'd much rather avoid a "everything must be op to make everything equal" scenario. but for the most part i pretty much agree with what you're saying (except for the ton of cards that would be tcg banned bit, a few maybe.)

@scheath / wikia point redemption scheme - i do actually like the concept. i just dislike the execution. it's hard to place it in writing atm, but as you may have noticed, i like to have control over details in sets and such and to be able to give out definite numbers in regards to card slots each, cards in set, archetype slots etc. my gripe with the wikia plan is that i can not feasibly do so, i either have give out vague-ish numbers, undercut the set to allow wikia slots to fill up (and sometimes have to trim when we go over - i hate doing this) or stick to numbers and then try to last minute chop and change a lot of submissions because people have points they wish to redeem.

it's really damn awkward to deal with.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 am

@ Ash - Point taken. It also seems dylan has withdrawn the points suggestion.

For the wikia points system, i thought DEAD was handled excellently. Call out for any extra submissions somewhere in the beginning/middle so you can divvy out the remaining regular slots equally.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next