LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEAD cards

+3
Seattleite
DIGITAL
Anime Girl References
7 posters

Go down

DEAD cards Empty DEAD cards

Post by Anime Girl References Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:01 am

Hallowed Slaughter
Trap/Normal
Activate this card when your opponent attacks a Fiend, Insect, Spellcaster, Zombie or Plant-type Monster you control: negate the attack and destroy the attacking monster; add 1 monster from your Graveyard to your hand with a Level equal to or lower than the destroyed monster.

Gregorian Witchsteel Necklace
Spell/Equip
The equipped monster can attack your opponent directly if they do not control a Fiend or Spellcaster-type Monster. If your opponent controls a face-up Fiend or Spellcaster-type Monster, this card's ATK is increased by 1000.

Astral Guillotine
Trap/Normal
Pay 600 Life Points: Negate the attack of an opponent's monster and destroy it. You can activate this card while in the Graveyard by paying 1000 Life Points.

Ultrasonic Storm of Rejection
Trap/Continuous
Effect Monsters are returned to their owner's hands during the End Phase of the turn they are Summoned.

Efficient Gravekeeping
Spell/Continuous
When a Monster is sent to the Graveyard, the owner of that monster takes damage equal to the sent monster's ATK.

Batswarm Scourge
Spell/Normal
Pay 500 Life Points: Select 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card and 1 Monster and return them to their owner's hands. You can activate this card while in the Graveyard by paying 1000 Life Points.

Unhallowed Brimstone Golemlord
DARK/Level 8
3000/2500
[Rock] Death comes too soon for those who wish not to die, and comes too late for those who desire it. To keep the hourglass of death moving at it's intended base, it was given a master to watch over it, and bring death to every edge of the world within it's intended times.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

DEAD cards Empty Re: DEAD cards

Post by DIGITAL Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 am

I like them, maybe create lores for all of the cards? since we are going to add lore to cards on the wikia starting this set
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:05 am

What's the primary lore we are revolving the DEAD set around? Is there a mini-story or something?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Darkest Hour wrote:Hallowed Slaughter
Trap/Normal
Activate this card when your opponent attacks a Fiend, Insect, Spellcaster, Zombie or Plant-type Monster you control: negate the attack and destroy the attacking monster; add 1 monster from your Graveyard to your hand with a Level equal to or lower than the destroyed monster.
Meh, alright. It worries me slightly, but not enough for me to make a scene.

Spell/Equip
The equipped monster can attack your opponent directly if they do not control a Fiend or Spellcaster-type Monster. If your opponent controls a face-up Fiend or Spellcaster-type Monster, this card's ATK is increased by 1000.
Direct attacks no matter what the ATK is? ehh....

Astral Guillotine
Trap/Normal
Pay 600 Life Points: Negate the attack of an opponent's monster and destroy it. You can activate this card while in the Graveyard by paying 1000 Life Points.
Wow, endless sakuretsus. I don't know if 1000 is enough since this can completely shut down several decks.

Trap/Continuous
Effect Monsters are returned to their owner's hands during the End Phase of the turn they are Summoned.
hmmmm idk

Efficient Gravekeeping
Spell/Continuous
When a Monster is sent to the Graveyard, the owner of that monster takes damage equal to the sent monster's ATK.
This makes mill decks burn like crazy. I object.

Batswarm Scourge
Spell/Normal
Pay 500 Life Points: Select 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card and 1 Monster and return them to their owner's hands. You can activate this card while in the Graveyard by paying 1000 Life Points.
This is quite cool with continuous stuff. I like this.

DARK/Level 8
3000/2500
[Rock] Death comes too soon for those who wish not to die, and comes too late for those who desire it. To keep the hourglass of death moving at it's intended base, it was given a master to watch over it, and bring death to every edge of the world within it's intended times.
I don't intend to make lore better than this
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Hmm.. how about giving the cards a flashback cost which then banishes the card so it can't be further looped, like in MtG?
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Astral Guillotine and Batswarm Scourge should banish themself as a cost than pay LP.
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Astral Guillotine
Trap/Normal
Pay 600 Life Points: Negate the attack of an opponent's monster and destroy it. You can activate this card while in the Graveyard by banishing it.

Efficient Gravekeeping
Spell/Continuous
Up to 3 times per turn, when a Monster is sent to the Graveyard, the owner of that monster takes damage equal to half the sent monster's ATK.

Trap/Continuous
Effect Monsters are returned to their owner's hands during the End Phase of the turn they declare an attack.

Spell/Equip
The equipped monster can attack your opponent directly if the opponent does not control a DARK Monster or Fiend or Spellcaster-type Monster. If your opponent controls a DARK Monster or a Fiend-type or Spellcaster-type Monster, the equipped monster must attack.

forgot something on Gregorian Witchsteel.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:40 am

Darkest Hour wrote:
Trap/Continuous
Effect Monsters are returned to their owner's hands during the End Phase of the turn they declare an attack.
Shuts down quite a few decks and makes others unplayable, it's a better Des Counter blow basically. I don't approve of this at all.
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:06 am

Except it's a terribad card that would see very little play outside of very specific builds... So I'm fine with it.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:44 am

AsianGuy1137 wrote:Except it's a terribad card that would see very little play outside of very specific builds... So I'm fine with it.
So your fine with Burn decks like BDD LV, and trap burn, along with Normal Decks and Gemini Decks getting probibly there best support card ever. Also the fact that you can bounce Trap, Spell deactivators back along with Stirx back to your hand able to keep negating anything every turn. But It's a terribad card. Granted most decks can't use this but all can benifit in some manner reguardless what deck it is. Hell even Pierrot decks can benifit.
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:53 am

Darkest Hour wrote:
Hallowed Slaughter
Trap/Normal

fine imo

Astral Guillotine
Trap/Normal
Pay 600 Life Points: Negate the attack of an opponent's monster and destroy it. You can activate this card while in the Graveyard by banishing it.

good

Efficient Gravekeeping
Spell/Continuous
Up to 3 times per turn, when a Monster is sent to the Graveyard, the owner of that monster takes damage equal to half the sent monster's ATK.

since a ton of main monsters are weenies, it could be kinda weak. maybe more side-deck material or used in mill (if it gets decent cards)

Trap/Continuous

vanilla chaos stun woo

Spell/Equip
The equipped monster can attack your opponent directly if the opponent does not control a DARK Monster or Fiend or Spellcaster-type Monster. If your opponent controls a DARK Monster or a Fiend-type or Spellcaster-type Monster, the equipped monster must attack.

maii can now otk. no

Batswarm Scourge
Spell/Normal

take out the last bit

DARK/Level 8
3000/2500

mucho gracias for more golems

Last edited by Ash on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:39 am

Astral Guillotine
Trap/Normal

still need to pay 1000 IMO
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:32 am

WereLord wrote:
AsianGuy1137 wrote:Except it's a terribad card that would see very little play outside of very specific builds... So I'm fine with it.
So your fine with Burn decks like BDD LV, and trap burn, along with Normal Decks and Gemini Decks getting probibly there best support card ever. Also the fact that you can bounce Trap, Spell deactivators back along with Stirx back to your hand able to keep negating anything every turn. But It's a terribad card. Granted most decks can't use this but all can benifit in some manner reguardless what deck it is. Hell even Pierrot decks can benifit.

How competitively viable do you really think this card is? It doesn't do anything except bounce. In your starting argument, you didn't mention that it would benefit any decks, only that it would shut them down, and bounce really doesn't do that except for decks that are Extra Deck relient. Now your current argument states that this card helps decks by providing tempo. Forgive me for failing to see the connection, but Normal Monster decks aren't really competitively viable whilst Gemini decks would need to reset each turn thus preventing them from abusing this card. Yeah, you can bounce Deactivators back to your hand each turn, but how exactly again, is that viable? The idea is that you would only need to bounce them back to hand if you've already taken care of the cards they were previously targeting which kinda negates the whole point of deactivation in the first place. Unless deactivators are inherently broken in providing card advantage, you're usually make 1 for 1 trade-offs with other cards meaning you haven't really advanced the state of game to anyone's favor, only changed the state for more stalling. And again, unless stall is able to continuously generate advantage with cards that grant you 1-for-1 trade-offs and burn or some other form of win condition, thus being inherently broken, I still fail to see how this card benefits them... But if you can make a deck that wins consistently using this card to further its win condition, then I'll retract everything I've said.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 am

AsianGuy1137 wrote:
WereLord wrote:

How competitively viable do you really think this card is? It doesn't do anything except bounce. In your starting argument, you didn't mention that it would benefit any decks, only that it would shut them down, and bounce really doesn't do that except for decks that are Extra Deck relient. Now your current argument states that this card helps decks by providing tempo. Forgive me for failing to see the connection, but Normal Monster decks aren't really competitively viable whilst Gemini decks would need to reset each turn thus preventing them from abusing this card. Yeah, you can bounce Deactivators back to your hand each turn, but how exactly again, is that viable? The idea is that you would only need to bounce them back to hand if you've already taken care of the cards they were previously targeting which kinda negates the whole point of deactivation in the first place. Unless deactivators are inherently broken in providing card advantage, you're usually make 1 for 1 trade-offs with other cards meaning you haven't really advanced the state of game to anyone's favor, only changed the state for more stalling. And again, unless stall is able to continuously generate advantage with cards that grant you 1-for-1 trade-offs and burn or some other form of win condition, thus being inherently broken, I still fail to see how this card benefits them... But if you can make a deck that wins consistently using this card to further its win condition, then I'll retract everything I've said.
K, just saying dude I like to try to think ahead and see what cards will and won't do. You all ways have to look out for the Dooms Day Ftk, ect. Which was my fault and I just don't want it to happen agin. So if this card is nothing then it's nothing and I am wronge, it happens. And is something I can live with.
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum