LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gelobacteria

3 posters

Go down

Gelobacteria Empty Gelobacteria

Post by Seattleite Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:10 am

So, as you know with the starting of the new set we need to resolve the "Yet to Fix" list. One thing on here is Gelobacteria, a card widely claimed to be broken but no fix has been made yet.

Gelobacteria
Thunder/LIGHT/Lv8/2200/1100
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 1 Synchro Monster you control. This card gains the Tributed Synchro Monster's effect until the End Phase and becomes the same Type and Attribute as the Tributed Synchro Monster and also gains half the ATK of the Tributed Synchro Monster. This card cannot be destroyed if neither player controls a Synchro Monster.

So, what can we do to fix it? Discuss!
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Gelobacteria Empty Re: Gelobacteria

Post by Seattleite Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:56 am

Y'know, if no one comments, i'm just gonna fix it myself...

taking out last sentence.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:32 am

It's a good card, but not really broken. It's too time-consuming a card to tech really. Don't see any problem with it.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:30 am

We determined it was broken due to testing. We could ask Evanm what made it broke, but I suspect the last sentence.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanm7 Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:59 am

The last sentence isn't broken. o.o. It's the effect-gaining one..

Evanm7

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:37 am

Tell me what effects in this CCG are broken. Go on, I'd like to see. I thought that thanks to the power of fixing, nothing in the CCG was broken. Wait, don't tell me, Mezzo Beat and Rumbler Tumbler are broken? Yeah, they're broken, just like Twin Double Crossers and Mezzo Rogue and Scrap Destruction. This is backwards. Seeing as Gelobacteria is situational and is only as good as the synchro you are tributing (which is, lest we forget, actually re-usable, unlike Gelobacteria). I'd rather have Rumbler Tumbler on the field than Gelobacteria because it is re-usable. You can flip something down every turn, but Gelobacteria can only do it once. It's a waste. Gelobacteria is only usable (and therefore only good) in it's own dedicated deck. You are killing fun. By fixing everything that might have potential to be good, you are killing any pleasure I get out of this place.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanm7 Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:00 am

Alfred wrote:Tell me what effects in this CCG are broken
Go on, I'd like to see. I thought that thanks to the power of fixing, nothing in the CCG was broken. Wait, don't tell me, Mezzo Beat and Rumbler Tumbler are broken? Yeah, they're broken, just like Twin Double Crossers and Mezzo Rogue and Scrap Destruction. This is backwards. Seeing as Gelobacteria is situational and is only as good as the synchro you are tributing (which is, lest we forget, actually re-usable, unlike Gelobacteria).

I'd rather have Rumbler Tumbler on the field than Gelobacteria because it is re-usable. You can flip something down every turn, but Gelobacteria can only do it once.
Rumbler is one-time-only. Gelo is broken because it not only absorbs the effect of a monster, it becomes a huge beatstick which is often immune to destruction. With the state the CCG is in, most decks can't get around that.

It's a waste. Gelobacteria is only usable (and therefore only good) in it's own dedicated deck. You are killing fun. By fixing everything that might have potential to be good, you are killing any pleasure I get out of this place.
It's plently good in most every deck that can bring out a synchro consistently. Take Zeros, who can abuse it's effect-gaining to Special Summon twice with Pegasus Flock, as well as have a 3600 beatstick. Mezzos can twice use the effect of Beat to maximize the chances of hitting a desirable card, and furthermore, none of Beat's effects are actually bad.

Evanm7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:52 am

everyone else agrees, gelly is broke :/ Playtesting has been done and proven, we have moved on past "broken or not". Now we need a fix.

What if effect gain + ATK gain only until the end of the turn? Although that's what I thought it said the first time I read it Razz

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Seattleite, it is only until the End Phase already. But go on, kill it dead with your magic fun-sapping fix-wand. You have clear justification to do so.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:33 pm

That I will do, then.

Taking out effect-gaining, leaving resistance to destruction effect in.

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum