LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish 'n' Pyro support

4 posters

Go down

Fish 'n' Pyro support Empty Fish 'n' Pyro support

Post by Alfred Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 am

|Dark Enchinoderm|x|xxxx|Fish/Effect|Water|1||0|0|If you control this face-up card: you can banish it; draw 2 cards. You can only activate the effect of "Dark Enchinoderm" once per turn.|
|Charging Sailfish|x|xxxx|Fish/Effect|Water|3||1000|1200|If this card is face-up on the field: when a Fish-Type monster except this card declares an attack; destroy 1 monster on the field. You can only control 1 face-up "Charging Sailfish". If the destroyed card was the attack target, the attack is negated.|
|Irukandji|x|xxxx|Trap Card|Trap|||||If this set card is destroyed when you control a face-up Fish-Type monster: destroy all monsters your opponent controls.|
|Red Lionfish|x|xxxx|Fish/Fusion/Effect|Water|6||2700|1000|2 Fish-Type monsters Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards. Once per turn: you can discard 1 Spell or Trap Card from your hand; destroy 1 set Spell or Trap Card on the field. You can only control 1 face-up "Red Lionfish".|

|Spirit of Pelee|x|xxxx|Pyro/Effect|Fire|2||1200|0|If you control a face-up "Spirit of Pelee": you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard in face-up Defence Position.|
|Molten Basalt Blaster|x|xxxx|Pyro/Effect|Fire|5||1500|1300|During the Damage Step: you can banish 1 Pyro-Type monster in your Graveyard and pay 1000 Life Points; this card gains 2500 ATK until the End Phase.|
|Hyper Pyro Blaster|x|xxxx|Pyro/Synchro/Effect|Fire|8||3100|2200|1 Pyro-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters When this card is Synchro Summoned: you can decrease this card's ATK in multiples of 100; Special Summon 1 monster with ATK equal to this card from your Graveyard.|
|Microvolcano|x|xxxx|Pyro/Tuner/Effect|Fire|1||0|1200|Once per turn: you can Tribute 1 Pyro-Type monster you control to Special Summon this card from your hand.|

Just rate the cards now. What kind of Fish support card do you want to see?

Last edited by Alfred on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 6 times in total

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Fish 'n' Pyro support Empty Re: Fish 'n' Pyro support

Post by Ash Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:42 am

Pyro's generally just put Pyrokinetic Angel/Pyrespike Dolphin on the field, protect them and just beat down to win, or go for a more aggressive build utilizing Volcano Controller to swarm and win, using Lava Stream to cancel out lost advantage.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:33 am

Enchinoderm is good.

Sailfish is broken.

Irukandji is ok, i guess.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:49 am

Looking at how the Pyro deck functions, I think draw support is out of the question (Dolphin and Angel take care of it). I would suggest a summoning function that requires less set-up than Controller.

Elaborate on how Sailfish is broken and why.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:59 am

Sailfish does give the deck the ability to pop off a lot of opponent's cards and give you major advantage by removing their backrow. Not sure if a limitation is needed, it will need to see play before we can make any definitive answer, since I do not know how it would interact with other decks.

This rest looks fine to me.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:16 am

Sailfish's effect is designed so that if spammed, it will outlast its welcome reasonably quickly. You can't capitalize on its effect if your opponent isn't also playing well, else you end up signing your own death warrant. And the fact it is compulsory destruction will make mirror matches with other Fish decks interesting (Irukandji, see?) and may also trigger a chain with opposition traps. It would be more broken if I added "you can". Or perhaps a limit to other monsters?

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:08 am

Attacking and choosing a monster will trigger a replay, and then you can continue to use the effect.

But besides that, you have a 1900 ATK beater that clears the backrow with barely any condition. ATK and effect potency should be inversely proportional so I think the ATK should be ~1500 or so.'

Alfred wrote:You can't capitalize on its effect if your opponent isn't also playing well, else you end up signing your own death warrant.

The idea is nice but I don't think it will be as uncontrollable as you think. You can splash this in non-fish, then when you're opponent has an empty field 'cause they can't lay anything down, you tribute, synchro or xyz it.

Spirit of Pelee seems alright, we'll see, but needs some limit on potential infinite loops, "twice per turn" or something

Molten Basalt Blaster looks fair. 4000 beater but pyroes do like the graveyard.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:13 am

Okay, I've edited Charging Sailfish a bit. It needed a good nerf.

Updated with new Pyro support.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:55 am

Charging Sailfish should still say something to avoid Replays (unless that is your intention) - like "After Damage Calculation", or "If the destroyed card was the attack target, the attack is negated"

Hyper Pyro Blaster looks fun, useful and will make creative plays.

Microvolcano is good and works well with Pelee.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:44 pm

I'll change Sailfish, that's a good clause.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Added a final boss monster for Fishes.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down