LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dem zeroes

3 posters

Go down

Dem zeroes Empty Dem zeroes

Post by Seattleite Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Heard a lot about the 3 Zero Pegasus Flock swarm combo. Basically uses Zero Monk to SS some lv4 0 ATK monster (cursed flame magician), synchro, summon 1 flock, remove a monk and ss another one, rinse and repeat.

So, is it too easy? Should it be fixed? If so, what fix would be appropriate? We could put in "The effect of Zero Pegasus Flock can only be used once per turn" etc, or Limit/Semi it. Or be more creative.... or does it need it at all? Discuss discuss
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Dem zeroes Empty Re: Dem zeroes

Post by Seattleite Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 am

So since this is OUR forum and we can bump b4 24 hours.... Very Happy
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:16 am

I say just leave it alone and let it run it's course
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:18 am

Ok 1 for no change 0 for change..
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:11 am

They do have a problem, but I think the main problem lies in the Spell Cards. They set the grave up perfectly, and count as RFP targets for Pegasus. Energy is the main culprit, in my opinion.

Here is what I think, in more detail:

Flock itself is too abusable at the moment, the large variety of cards that it can abuse in the Graveyard to keep the swarm going are unbelievable. You could change the effect from "Zero cards" to "Zero monsters", but I doubt it would make any notable difference, it would just slightly alter the cards sent to the Grave by Energy/Rising as the move starts. It could be changed to "The effect of "Zero Pegasus Flock" can only be activated once per turn, but it still allows for at least a double Flock move, which I don't think changes matters too much - it can prevent an OTK, but still allows for them to have quick control of the field, and they are very capable of continuing the swarm during the next turn, as one of the only cards capable of dealing with their rate of summoning is a Limited card - Mind Control.

What I have in mind is a more controlled Trigger effect - "When this card is Synchro Summoned, remove from play 1 "Zero" monster in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon "Zero" monster from your Deck, its effect is negated until the End Phase. The effect of "Zero Pegasus Flock" can only be activated once per turn."

This way allows for a strong move, but takes a fair bit of sting out of it. Being activated when Synchro Summoned forces your opponent to really think through their move, as opposed to freely being able to RFP their spent Spells.

Bias time, I don't think there is anything too wrong with Zero Rising - it is a -1 that just allows a little bit of flexibility, be it with Monk, or Necromancer. In addition it controls it's "Foolish Burial" target much more than Energy - it makes you send a monster with both 0 ATK and DEF - whereas Energy allows for any monster with 0 ATK, most prominently Cursed Flame Magician, as it makes for an easy Flock.

Now, Zero Energy, as Evan once said to me while duelling, is pretty much Scrapstorm for the Archetype. It is a +0, but with Rising setting up a Special Summon, this combined can set up easy targets for both Monk and Flock, both of them normally dropping Cursed Flame Magician and Venom Spirit, allowing for easy control of the field. As it is, Zero's can just SS their way to 3 Flock, and still not use their Normal Summon, all the while setting up their grave, well, perfectly. The fact that both this and Rising can be abused by Flock just doesn't make matters better.

In addition to Flock having a fix, I daresay Energy would need altering or hitting by the banlist. Unfortunately, a plausible fix doesn't quite spring to mind.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:31 am

Nice explanation. 1 for no change and 1 for a change, but snowy's got a pretty persuasive explanation here.

But now we have to think of Zero Energy now.. and a plausible fix for this one (if needed) would be very difficult since it's a very strict set of effects.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down