Vermin Raiser

Go down

Vermin Raiser Empty Vermin Raiser

Post by Seattleite on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:26 am

I have 2 suggestions for this card. It's not very well tested yet but I can see 2 areas of concern:

1. Summon Level 4 or lower, now that we have cards like Darkwing Titanfly.
2. No XYZ material, now that we have Xyzs....

Also, there's a problem with this card + Caffeine Induced Grasshopper. Should there be a clause to prevent this from happening? Should the Grasshopper be changed instead? Wat u think?
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Vermin Raiser Empty Re: Vermin Raiser

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:34 am

After looking through the amount of targets Vermin Raiser has...I have realized Darkwing Titanfly is pretty much the strongest monster this card is capable of bringing 3 out of at once.

It's requirement is 3, not up to 3, therefore if you don't have all 3 copies of said card in your deck, it cannot be selected as a target. It's effect can be absolutely useless if you don't have 3 copies of a certain card safely tucked into your deck when this card is summoned.

But if it's effect does go off....you regain the two lost cards used for the Tribute Summon of Vermin Raiser, plus something extra.

The small amount of insects available for boss-ramping is unexistant (since there is ONLY Darkwing Titanfly in existence that is a Level 5 and higher monster without Special Summoning restrictions, and the main thing people do want to avoid is having it become another "Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" card, a Boss that summons other Bosses essentially.

Really, I don't think him being able to shoot out 3 Darkwing Titanfly out upon a successful Tribute Summon is that bad considering there's really nothing else he can possibly do with anything stronger, and I'm sure with much card awareness in the future that we can have Vermin Raiser sustain this effect without letting it go beyond out of hand.

Vermin Raiser is super-powerful, but luckily for us, his lack of worthwhile targets kept him in check for a long time.

Plus, Insects have absolutely 0 cards dedicated to supporting them on an Extra Deck basis, which is a first. This card is probably one of the few cards that Insects have to match the speed at which a normal Xyz/Synchro deck can Special Summon large monsters out in a timely manner.

It's just deciding whether Vermin Raiser should be a Boss Engine, Synchro/Xyz Engine or Minion/Tech Engine is the thing that should be decided.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Didn't we decide a while ago not to do anything to Raiser the last 3 times he has come up for nerfing suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Yup

Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Thought so, and I can also remember us agreeing not to change his effect and just limit him if ever needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Yeah, plus, future Insect cards I make will be sure to keep this guy in mind so we don't turn him into a Rescue Cat for Level 8 Insect-type Dark Armed Dragon monsters.

Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum