WC said it was too "Meta-changing". What about you?

Go down

WC said it was too "Meta-changing".  What about you? Empty WC said it was too "Meta-changing". What about you?

Post by Seattleite on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Version 1:

Basking in Limelight
Field Spell Card
Monsters cannot be removed from the field during the turn they are summoned (this includes tributing and overlaying)

Version 2:

Basking in Limelight
Field Spell Card
When a monster is summoned, it cannot be removed from the field until the beginning of the owner's next turn (this includes tributing and overlaying)
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

WC said it was too "Meta-changing".  What about you? Empty Re: WC said it was too "Meta-changing". What about you?

Post by Anime Girl References on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:31 pm

This would mean that cards could ignore maintenance costs, like the Earthbound Immortals, Giant Kozaky's effect, and all that "if you do not meet cost X, Y effect happens".

So in a form, yeah that would be game-changing...but not meta-changing, unless like, the Meta is something very not-vague.

Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

WC said it was too "Meta-changing".  What about you? Empty Re: WC said it was too "Meta-changing". What about you?

Post by Ash on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:24 am

the person who said it was meta-breaking/changing/whatever was a retard who is incapable of making their own deck, dickrides other terrible players and is a downright idiotic hypocrite.

the card is perfectly fine, both versions are. all they do is promote slower, more skilful play than herpa RABBIT TOUR GUIDE XYZ SYNCHRO FUCK YOU I JUST WON derpa.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:58 am

Ash, that was the most intelligent comment I have ever seen uttered in the realm of yugimanz, although the people you were referring to were YCM regulars.. so yeah, I agree... I'll basically reiterate what I said on YCM. Not a bad in that it promotes more conservative, control-style play but the fact that it makes your monsters immune to bottomless, torrential, chain disappearance... I shudder to think about how inzektors will learn to abuse this

Remember kids, homework fights illiteracy, and fighting illiteracy prevents people from joining gangs and committing crimes. Ergo, doing homework makes you Batman. This, my friends, is the Batman Theorem of Vector Calculus.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:08 am

no i've been around ycm for a while now, and that one specific person in that thread, is in fact THAT stupid.

sure it makes them immune to bottomless etc, but solemns are still prevalent, and book of moon/fiendish chain are excellent cards to play against the likes of inzektors. if one way is cut off, people will learn to find other options, though some learn quicker than others.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:59 am

The field Spell is good, it's helps the Summoned monsters get on the safety line for a turn.

Whoever said it's Meta-changing need to quit yugioh for good and that's that.

"We learn to do something by doing it. There is no other way."
"If life’s journey be endless where is its goal? The answer is, it is everywhere."
"The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality and, instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are."
"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt."
"Sarcasm: the last refuge of the modest people when the privacy of the soul is intrusively invaded."
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
"While we are postponing, life speeds by."
"Defeatism is the wretchedest of policies."
"Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go–it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow."
"Although the world is full of suffering it is also full of the overcoming of it."
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Very Happy am loving the rants/raves
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:45 pm

itt: we talk shit about ycm

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 pm

I like YCM.. but some of the people there just have a tendency to piss me off with their better-than-you attitude. I guess it's true for most places, but at least those other places have legitimate proof to back it up.

Have you tested this out on DP yet Sea?

Remember kids, homework fights illiteracy, and fighting illiteracy prevents people from joining gangs and committing crimes. Ergo, doing homework makes you Batman. This, my friends, is the Batman Theorem of Vector Calculus.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 pm

i've been a member on ycm for almost 5 years. and i don't even really like it. too much arrogance and inflated egos that aren't deserved.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:46 pm

AsianGuy1137 wrote:I like YCM.. but some of the people there just have a tendency to piss me off with their better-than-you attitude. I guess it's true for most places, but at least those other places have legitimate proof to back it up.
let's play the GUESS THE YCMer game!

Yo, I'm a deranged otaku obsessed with Yugioh and feminine male yugioh characters, and I write for a blog about Japanese Yugioh card releases, that obviously means I know shit about cards, more than you, and am here to say Rescue Cat should be unlimited because only scrubs and retards think it should be banned. And the Frog FTK isn't even that bad or consistent anyway so why are they making such a big deal about it. I'm pretty much awesome, visit my blog here.

HEY, SEE MY AVATAR? IT'S OF PICARD FACE-PALMING. EVERYONE FAILS EXCEPT ME. I NEVER FAIL. YOU FAGS ARE FAIL. YOUR CRAPPY DECK DOESN'T USE RESCUE RABBIT. FAIL. YOU MADE A CARD THAT ISN'T A TARGET OF RESCUE RABBIT. FAIL. YOU DIDN'T CAPITALIZE Face-Down Card. FAIL. YOU ARE USING A 4 STAR WARRIOR TEMPLATE. FAIL. YOU THINK YUBEL IS BAD. FAIL. YOU DIDN'T PLAY IN THE CHAOS DAYS. FAIL.

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAGS BE MAD

Hello there. I have 3000 posts and have a Kaiba avatar. This makes me read my posts in Kaiba's voice, and my 3000 posts assures me I am superior to you all, and you know nothing about card effects. Please learn how to build a real deck, net decking is in the prime and I suggest you do everything I say if you don't want to lose, or you can continue being bad so I can only gain more posts.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:53 pm

The sad part is... they all sound exactly like everyone on there I know.. well except for Sea and a few other decent people.

AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm a decent person =D
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:02 am

Thankfully no one on here is like that Smile

@ AsianGuy - haven't yet, but i'll upload it soon, with the first version.

@ DH - Is that a rhetorical question? That's everyone on YCM.

--------------------

Of course the YCMer genus is divided into several sub-genuses.

Here is the Grammar Nazi YCMer:
"Hahaha lololol what a noob. You said "your" instead of "you're". I am the superior being."

Here is the OCG-Overcalculating YCMer:
"Omg what are you talking about?? 'Banished Pile'? Not 'Banished Card'?? I can't understand what that means at all!!!!"

Here is the Annoyingly Sarcastic Passive-Aggressive Flaming YCMer:
"Good day sir. It seems I have rather been baffled by your idiotic and moronic behavior. Truly, you are a total buffoon. Go kill yourself. Have a nice day."

Here is the "No really, I don't care" YCMer:
"Just shut up. Stop posting, now. No one cares about what you have to post. Why would we care? Why would I care enough to reply to your post? Answer - I don't."

Here is the "Too cool to be helpful" YCMer:
"Stop being bad."

And finally a rarer breed, but exists nonetheless in "high-up" places - The Condescending Moderator.
"I am very disappointed with the turnout. I only found 100 good reviews yesterday. That was below our mutually agreed target of 120. I expect you members to grow intellectually. I expect you to be valuable members of this forum. But it seems most of you just don't want to improve yourselves."

Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:19 pm

OMG <3 that field make mirror force obsoulte <3 If it was in the TCG it would be abused with Chimera tech thats all I'm thinking is about the only problem.

lolycmtalklol so rude but so true

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum