Sudden Illumination

Go down

Sudden Illumination Empty Sudden Illumination

Post by AsianGuy1137 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:17 pm

This was basically supposed to be like a CCG version of Trap Dustshoot, but with somewhat looser conditions with a lesser strategic trade-off. Originally, I intended for this card to be a 1-for-1 trade-off that lets both players get a glimpse at the other's setup by seeing what they had on the field. Then, the draw 1 part makes sure the player doesn't lose card advantage and strategic advantage by showing his opponent what his set cards are by paying 1 card while his opponent is at a neutral pay-off. If the opponent was uncomfortable with letting the player activate Sudden Illumination, then he could discard 1 card instead, again ensuring a 1-for-1 trade-off where neither player is at an advantage/disadvantage. I personally think it's much more balanced than Trap Dustshoot as it guarantees relative ease of use (BOTH players need AT LEAST 1 set card as opposed to Dustshoot's requirement of your opponent having at least 4 cards in hand) as it will not reveal the bulk of your opponent's card so you can't plan a perfect strategy to counter your opponent's plays while only letting you see what the field presence of both players truly is meaning neither player will truly benefit all that much from disclosing their set cards to the opponent (apart from a situation in which one player has 4 set cards while the other has 1 or 2; in this case, the opponent can just discard one card to ensure he doesn't reveal his backrow setup).

I honestly think the nerfing is completely unnecessary and the card should be returned to its original state:

Nerfed
|Sudden Illumination|827|ACRD|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Your opponent reveals all face-down cards they control.|

Original
|Sudden Illumination|827|ACRD|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Both players reveal all set cards they control (both players must control at least 1 set card). Draw 1 card. Your opponent can discard 1 card to negate this card's effect.|

Remember kids, homework fights illiteracy, and fighting illiteracy prevents people from joining gangs and committing crimes. Ergo, doing homework makes you Batman. This, my friends, is the Batman Theorem of Vector Calculus.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Sudden Illumination Empty Re: Sudden Illumination

Post by Anime Girl References on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:10 pm

I don't know, neither of those effects feel worthwhile to devote deckspace to. Revealing your own face-downs doesn't seem worth it, and then this part:

"Draw 1 card. Your opponent can discard 1 card to negate this card's effect."

I like it, but it's the only good thing about this card so far, and could pretty much make it use this effect by itself.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 pm

You made almost the exact same card I did. Mine came several sets before, look at the code - ACRD. They even had the same name. Your card was not submitted as a result.

It was made while I was under the impression that it could be made as a draw engine with I think Unknown Chartography. It can, but a very poor one.

I don't like the idea of a buff being "derp stick a draw on it". Like DH said, it would only be used for the draw.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 am

"Your opponent reveals all set cards they control. Draw 1 card. Your opponent can discard 1 card to negate this card's effect."

this could work
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum