Terrestrial Cataclysm!

Go down

Terrestrial Cataclysm! Empty Terrestrial Cataclysm!

Post by AsianGuy1137 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:38 pm

This archetype is one I'm planning for the Duel Portal, but I thought I'd share it to get some constructive criticism. So I thought it'd be really cool if Pyro got some support in the form of beaters that get effects through battle damage. Kinda like Gladiators in the sense that they rely on battle, but the similarities end there.

- MONSTERS -

|Magmanic Smelter||TIR2|Pyro/Effect|Fire|4||1650|200|When this card battles: Pay up to 500 Life Points in sets of 100; Increase this card's ATK by the same amount. Each time this card battles: Increase its Level by 1 and ATK by 200.|MGM|

|Magmanic Scorcher||TIR2|Pyro/Effect|Fire|4||1900|200|When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent's Life Points: You can pay 800 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster from your Deck. Each time this card battles: Increase its Level by 1.|MGM|

|Magmanic Molder||TIR2|Pyro/Effect|Fire|4||1200|200|When you inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points (through battle or effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Twice per turn: You can select 1 FIRE monster you control; Increase its Level by 1 or its ATK by 500.|MGM|

|Magmanic Igniter||TIR2|Pyro/Effect|Fire|4||1850|200|When this card battles: You can pay 500 Life Points: This card cannot be destroyed by battle this turn. Once per turn: If you inflicted damage to your opponent's Life Points: You can tribute 1 FIRE monster you control; Destroy 1 card on the field and increase this card's Level by 1.|MGM|

|Magmanic Sparker||TIR2|Pyro/Effect|Fire|4||1450|200|When this card is destroyed by battle: You can pay 500 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Magmanic" monster from your Deck OR destroy 1 monster on the field.|MGM|

|Blazing Pyromancer||TIR2|Spellcaster/Effect|Fire|4||1000|1600|This card gains 500 ATK for each FIRE monster you control. Once per turn: You can discard 1 monster; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster from your Deck or Graveyard, except "Blazing Pyromancer", and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the monster's Level x 200.|MGM|

|Magmanic Incinerator||TIR2|Pyro/Xyz/Effect|Fire|4||2450|200|2 Level 4 FIRE monsters Neither player can activate Spell or Trap Cards during the Battle Phase. When a FIRE monster battles: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Increase the monster's ATK by 1000 until the End Phase.|MGM|

|Magmanic Disintegrator||TIR2|Pyro/Xyz/Effect|Fire|5||2550|200|2 Level 5 FIRE monsters If this card would be destroyed by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material instead. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points: Draw 1 card OR destroy 1 card on the field.|MGM|

|Magmanic Erupter||TIR2|Pyro/Xyz/Effect|Fire|6||2750|200|2 Level 6 FIRE monsters If this card would be removed from the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material instead. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points: You can return 1 card on the field to the top of its owner's Deck and inflict 1000 damage to your opponent's Life Points.|MGM|

- SPELLS -

|Magma Formation||TIR2|Spell Card|Spell|||||Add 1 "Magmanic" monster from your Deck to your hand. Then inflict 500 damage to your opponent's Life Points.|MGM|

|Conduction Zone||TIR2|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Increase the ATK of 1 FIRE monster you control by 1000. It cannot be destroyed or removed from the field by card effects this turn.|MGM|

|Convection Zone||TIR2|Spell Card|Spell|||||Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card for each FIRE monster you control. Inflict 500 damage to your opponent's Life Points.|MGM|

|Subduction Zone||TIR2|Spell Card|Spell|||||Return 2 FIRE monsters with 200 DEF from your Graveyard to your hand. You cannot attack this turn.|MGM|

- TRAPS -

|Magma Eruption||TIR2|Trap Card|Trap|||||Tribute 1 FIRE monster you control. Destroy all monsters your opponent controls with a DEF that is less than the tributed monster's ATK. Inflict 500 damage to your opponent's Life Points for each monster destroyed by this effect.|MGM|

Time to heat things up!

Last edited by AsianGuy1137 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 am; edited 3 times in total

Remember kids, homework fights illiteracy, and fighting illiteracy prevents people from joining gangs and committing crimes. Ergo, doing homework makes you Batman. This, my friends, is the Batman Theorem of Vector Calculus.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Terrestrial Cataclysm! Empty Re: Terrestrial Cataclysm!

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 am

"Pay up to 500 Life Points in sets of 100;"

clumsy wording.

"Pay Life Points in multiples of 100 up to 500; increase this card's ATK by the same amount."

Magmanic Scorcher eh?

BAWWWW ATK IS TOO HIGH GAME IS RUINED FOREVER etc.

WAIT A SECOND...

Well LCCG-wise, Pyros don't have much in the Level 4 Beatstick department so I guess this could push the standards....but...

If at all it's attack should be 1900, but I doubt others will agree. 1950 is just 50 too much for it's support role since it can kill most other beatsticks by 50 points that aren't devoted to support, and since it summons other monsters that just seems too beneficial. If it was full-fledged beatstick that didn't summon other monsters, then sure, Pyros could use a nice 1950 beater. Otherwise, 1950 too high.

Plus. 1900 alone can kill a ton of cards early-game with very few reasonable challengers and deal a ton of damage by itself with minimal cost, so the 1950 is just egregrious if this is supposed to be the powerleader card of the archetype.

Magmanic Igniter has a nice powerhouse effect. Reasonable.

Sparker seems okay, and it has a Fork Effect too. I love Fork effects.

Blazing Pyromancer can hit for 800 while summoning a L4 Monster. That's not too bad actually. Although you can chainsummon 2 other Blazing Pyromancers from your deck or Graveyard, for a total of 2400 damage.

Thankfully we don't have any Card of Safe Return variants otherwise this card would be an FTK, considering it can summon copies of itself from the deck AND the Graveyard, so dropping it with a Cannon Soldieresque card can lead to some heavy burning.

Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianGuy1137 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks for the feedback, although I should probably mention that I've changed some of the effects and added a few more support cards. This probably isn't exactly LCCG material since it was conceived with the OCG in mind. Reduced Scorcher's ATK by 50. Pyromancer was just bad designing on my part - came up with it on the spot. Changed the cost to discard 1 monster like Zombie Master and added the except itself clause.

"Pay up to 500 Life Points in sets of 100;"

clumsy wording.

"Pay Life Points in multiples of 100 up to 500; increase this card's ATK by the same amount."

clumsy wording.
It is not! It just makes the text a LOT shorter without losing the meaning. They're essentially the same thing - not much room for misinterpretation.

Remember kids, homework fights illiteracy, and fighting illiteracy prevents people from joining gangs and committing crimes. Ergo, doing homework makes you Batman. This, my friends, is the Batman Theorem of Vector Calculus.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum