A bunch of cards

Go down

A bunch of cards Empty A bunch of cards

Post by Aquamarius on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Dragons Breath:
A bunch of cards 381555
This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster. You can Special Summon this card from your hand if you control a face-up Dragon-Type monster. If you control no Dragon-Type monsters, destroy this card. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, except by it's own effect, add 1 Level 4 or lower Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
Dragon's Sage:
A bunch of cards 381555
You can Tribute this card to activate one of the following effects :
*Add 1 Level 8 Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
*Add 1 Level 8 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.
Power Draw:
A bunch of cards 381555
Tribute 1 Level 7 or higher monster. Draw 2 cards.
Waterman:
A bunch of cards 381555p
This card cannot be Normal Summoned. You can discard 2 cards to Special Summon this card from your hand. You can Banish up to 2 Aqua-Type monsters from your Graveyard to reduce the amount of discards this card requires for it's Special Summon by that amount.
Thundersprite:
A bunch of cards 381555
You can Banish 1 Thunder-Type monster from your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 Thunder-Type monster from your hand whose level is equal to or lower than the Banished monster. While you control another Thunder-Type monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target.
Dungeoneer:
A bunch of cards 381555
During each of your End Phases, Banish 1 EARTH monster in your Graveyard or destroy this card. When your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card, you can Banish 2 EARTH monsters from your Graveyard to negate the activation of that card and destroy it.
Nobleman Imps:
A bunch of cards 381555
When this card is Banished, you can activate one of the following effects :
*Banish 1 DARK monster in your Deck, except "Nobleman Imps".
*Special Summon 1 of your Banished DARK monsters. It cannot attack, and is destroyed during the End Phase. You cannot activate this effect during the End Phase.
*Special Summon 1 "Nobleman Imps" from your hand or Deck.
Cat With 9 Lives:
A bunch of cards 381555
When you take damage, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you do, this card is Banished when it is removed from the field. This card has DEF equal to the amount of damage you took. During each of your End Phases, gain Life Points equal to half this card's DEF.
Psy-Swap:
A bunch of cards 381555
Tribute 1 monster. Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Psychic-Type monster from your Deck.
The Dragon King of Flames:
A bunch of cards 381555
Twice per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effect(s).
*Change the Battle Position of 1 face-up monster.
*Tribute this card. Until the End Phase, monsters you control are unaffected by Spell or Trap Cards.
*Tribute 1 Pyro-Type monster. Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.
Princess of the High Kingdom:
A bunch of cards 381555u
During your opponent's Battle Phase only, this card gains 1000 ATK. Once per turn, you can reveal the top card of your Deck. If it's a card that involves Effect Damage, add it to your hand. If not, send it to the Graveyard.

Last edited by Aquamarius on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:02 am; edited 5 times in total
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

A bunch of cards Empty Re: A bunch of cards

Post by DIGITAL on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:24 am

to be honest, i like all of them and see no issues =)
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquamarius on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:11 am

Redesigned Dragon King of Flames, Reduced Watermans level by 1 and made it impossible to Normal Summon, and reduced Dungeoneers ATK by 100.
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:52 am

What's the point of waterman? Seems useless
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:35 am

Dragon's Breath might as well be The Warrior returning alive for Dragons.

TBH Dragons Sage is a bit OP'ed being able to Search and Rechive + draw while being a LIGHT tribute...I smell Chaos in the air

Water Man doesn't state if his effect that reduces his SS cost is untill the end of duel, turn, ect. needs to be done because other wise it's OP'ed for whole dule and you are the one I beleave that was trying to get us to change the Mirror to have no discard cost and this guy would make it so he is a free 3000def wall every turn let alone a free lv 4 tuner

Nobleman Imps........with the second effect you can loop Imps to have a Dark in Grave every turn for Chaos

Cat with 9 lives is a semi better Gorz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:31 am

Breath is a Mech-Kinetic for Dragons, but I'd maybe scratch the self-SS. Having a fairly large body, the ability to drop multiple copies in a turn and recycling afterwards is perhaps 1 thing too many.

Sage, my main problem is the draw for recycling a Dragon from Grave. Other than that, fine.

Power Draw is semi-generic draw power, but it's not like Advance Draw is OP'd now is it?

Waterman is balanced imo. Oh and WereLord, for Waterman's discard thing, Special Summoning is the effect, not discarding. You discard as the cost for the Special Summon, you have to initiate the act of Summoning for the discard. As a result, it only applies to itself during it's own summon. Also, if you're to discard 2 to Special Summon this (including a potential fixed Ice Portrait), then even the act of reviving Portrait would be a -1, or a -2 based on which version is approved. Hardly free.

I'm still thinking about Imps. I'll get back to you on this one.

Thundersprite is ok, but I don't know why it has to be a Tuner. It's like it's trying too hard to make Flash combos.

Dungeoneer looks like it was built to be a Koa'ki Meiru. I think it should drop to 1900 atk personally.

Cat with 9 Lives is NOT better than Gorz. Gorz is broke because even a bad player can get away with simply dropping a Gorz and being able to beatstick through anything. Not for some stupid burn decks, it's limited because it's a huge beater that can drop itself and another beater for simply taking an attack. Cat requires the set-up of being sent firstly to the grave, and then can only wall.

Psy-Swap is a nerfed E-Tele, but without broken stuff like Mind Master here, I think it should do fine, so long as you cut the recycling effect of it. Self-recycling cards are not balanced cards.

Dragon King of Flames looks UP.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Gorz is broke because even a bad player can get away with simply dropping a Gorz and being able to beatstick through anything

<Gorz derail initiate>

I don't think whether or not bad players can use a card should define whether or not it's overpowered.

Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Ok, rather than "bad player", "dropping it without any skill, real strategy" and "being rewarded with a huge monster as a result of being outplayed"

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Ash wrote:Ok, rather than "bad player", "dropping it without any skill, real strategy" and "being rewarded with a huge monster as a result of being outplayed"

One of it's primary functions is to be an imposing drop after you have lost extreme amounts of advantage. As much as 2700 attack can overcome, and having an ATK-based clone token on the field can lead to better openings to the other side, there really isn't any way to strategically play Gorz that you couldn't use for something else besides playing with your opponent's head on whether or not to attack, or to just generate high leveled monsters for synchroing. Giving him any other role besides "extremely viable comeback" would make him not worth it since there are little other options available.

I also wonder, as a CCG player, can a Skillful Gorz even be made?
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquamarius on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Ash wrote:Breath is a Mech-Kinetic for Dragons, but I'd maybe scratch the self-SS. Having a fairly large body, the ability to drop multiple copies in a turn and recycling afterwards is perhaps 1 thing too many.
I'm worried that would make it a bit too awkward too summon, considering that it dies when there isn't a Dragon on the field. Note that due to it's effect not triggering if it dies to it's own effect, if the opponent simply destroys your dragon(s) you have on the field you get a pretty nasty -1. If this is very risky to play unless you've got 2 dragons on the field or something(even then you still lose to phantom's decision), then this thing becomes much less powerful. Dropping multiple copies seems kind of reckless, to be honest, because if your opponent kills your dragons, they all die and you get insane minuses. If I need to nerf it, how about making it impossible to use as a Synchro Material, so that you can't get insane pluses as easily off it's effect?

Sage, my main problem is the draw for recycling a Dragon from Grave. Other than that, fine.
If it loses the draw, I'd rather just run Dragon's Call and retrieve another one from my Deck, rather than having to use a normal summon so that I can recycle as well. Remember, tributing it for a draw might be a +1, but it loses you valuable field presence. Tributing it while you have no other monsters on the field is basically a death sentence.

Power Draw is semi-generic draw power, but it's not like Advance Draw is OP'd now is it?

Waterman is balanced imo. Oh and WereLord, for Waterman's discard thing, Special Summoning is the effect, not discarding. You discard as the cost for the Special Summon, you have to initiate the act of Summoning for the discard. As a result, it only applies to itself during it's own summon. Also, if you're to discard 2 to Special Summon this (including a potential fixed Ice Portrait), then even the act of reviving Portrait would be a -1, or a -2 based on which version is approved. Hardly free.

I'm still thinking about Imps. I'll get back to you on this one.

Thundersprite is ok, but I don't know why it has to be a Tuner. It's like it's trying too hard to make Flash combos.
I don't remember making it a Tuner. But sure, I'll just remove the tuner property.

Dungeoneer looks like it was built to be a Koa'ki Meiru. I think it should drop to 1900 atk personally.
Sure.

Cat with 9 Lives is NOT better than Gorz. Gorz is broke because even a bad player can get away with simply dropping a Gorz and being able to beatstick through anything. Not for some stupid burn decks, it's limited because it's a huge beater that can drop itself and another beater for simply taking an attack. Cat requires the set-up of being sent firstly to the grave, and then can only wall.

Psy-Swap is a nerfed E-Tele, but without broken stuff like Mind Master here, I think it should do fine, so long as you cut the recycling effect of it. Self-recycling cards are not balanced cards.
If I ditch the self-recycle, should I make it so that you can Tribute any monster for it's effect and not just Psychics?

Dragon King of Flames looks UP.
Hmh. And that when I was actually most worried about it in terms of overpoweredness. What if I raised it's DEF to 1900, so that it becomes a wallier? Remember, it can also change it's own battle position, so if you open with it you can normal it and then get it in defense so that you can use it's effect next turn. Because, yknow, the opponent won't always attack your facedown.
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:38 pm

The thing with Breath is, that in its deck, you'd have 3 Flame Wheel, 3 Dragion Berserker and all that - there should rarely be a lack of Dragons. Based on its wording, it self-destructing WILL trigger the recycle effect. Looking at Sangan while I'm posting, Sangan has the exact same wording, and the effect is mandatory - no matter the circumstances, as soon as either goes to the Grave from the field, their effects WILL activate, and will not miss timing. As for the relative swarming, the idea is that once you have the set-up, it facilitates an easy win - Phantom's Decision would be powerless, your main threat in that situation becomes an (unfortunately underused) Exploiter on a lone Dragon, which if you're pushing for a win, should have a Dragon alongside it. Though now that you mention it, a block on Synchro Materials would go some way to balancing.

For Sage, yes Dragon's Call can just grab from the Deck but has a huge factor that this doesn't, the ability to keep your Dragon live at any given moment. It's all well having them in the deck ready to be tutored, but this gives the opportunity to rebuild effectively. I know plenty of occasions where I wanted to fish my Warphole's back from the Grave. As far as the field presence argument goes, it's one that can be seen both ways, after all, if you were to already have field presence, a +1 would be cementing your control, especially if you've just grabbed your boss monster back.

I guess you can try that with Psy-Swap, there isn't anything that comes to mind that might abuse that.

I'm not sure I get your emphasis on Flames switching its own position. If you NS and switch, it gives your opponent a number to deal with immediately. A regular set should force your opponent to consider decktype, regular plays, how effectively they can deal with the majority of set monsters, what's a safe amount to attack with amongst others things. Other effects are slow protection and 1-for-1 type specific removal that also requires use of another type, neither of which are particularly eye-catching.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquamarius on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:05 am

I forgot to make Breath not get back Dragons when it dies. I'll fix that, and also make it so that it doesn't get it's effect when it's used as a synchro material.
I'll remove Sage's draw, I suppose.
What am I supposed to do with Flames? Make it twice per turn? Make the tribute a pyro effect capable of destroying STs? Make the tribute itself effect destroy all facedown STs on the field? Make it beefier on the DEF? Lower it's DEF and make it impossible to destroy by 1900 ATK or less monsters?
EDIT: I CHANGED CRAP
EDIT: Added Princess of the High Kingdom. Will add more cards later.
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum