Head in the Stars.

Go down

Head in the Stars. Empty Head in the Stars.

Post by Evanm7 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 am

The Starchasers are an archetype of WIND monsters that, unlike most other archetypes, have no support cards that support themselves. Instead, all Starchasers support WIND monsters, not other "Starchasers". After that explanation, let's review the History of Starchasers.

Pre-OTK Starchasers were only used as WIND support. They were hardly acknowleged until the release of DSAS, where yours truly made a hybrid "Pressure" deck with them.
...it failed. I got 4 losses and zero wins. But liking the idea of the Starchasers, I made a Starchaser deck. Taking two wins with it, I kept to it. It escaped under notice until...

THE OTK UNVEILS ITSELF A duel. The one that created -entirely by accident- an extremely consistent OTK. Between Leo and Evanm7, Reversed and Starchasers.
The duel started out normally, but the turning move happened when Leo controlled a face-down in each zone, and I controlled nothing.
So the OTK begun. By accident.
I summon Starchaser Knight, adding Starchaser Dragon, which Special Summon itself after I revealed two Starchaser Fiends. Then, I activated Starchaser, Emerge, special summoning a Knight. That added and ss'd another Drago.
Leo passed without doing anything.
I summoned Starchaser Knight. Added Starchaser Fish. Discarded Fish to boost Drago. Revealed three fiends to boost another Drago. Tornado Zone. Bounced the face-down Card of Great Reward.
All my monsters attacked, for exactly 13,000 damage.

ATTEMPTED FIXES Within the second, Sea, Leo, and I were discussing this new OTK.
The first fix was that Starchaser Knight would no longer be able to attack- The OTK continued. It simply required use of "Starchasing" to add "Starchaser Fish" to your hand.
The second, proposed but never put into practice, was that a monster that was revealed could not be revealed for the rest of the turn. I pointed out the flaw-The new OTK didn't reveal until the final stage, where it went 3x fiend and Fish.

The third, which was made to not stop but slow down the OTK, is being posted as I type this. A change to Drago, which only allowed you to SS it when you control two WIND monsters and revealing two WIND monsters.

Thus here is the present. Onto the guide itself.

First thing's first...

MEET THE CREW

Starchaser Knight
WIND
When this card is Summoned, add 1 WIND monster from your deck to your hand.
The heart and soul of the deck. Allowing you to put together the main comboes (Dragon and Fiend/Fish), and also toolbox -any- WIND from your deck.

WILL BE FINISHED LATER SAVED FOR LATER REFERENCE

Evanm7

Back to top Go down

Head in the Stars. Empty Re: Head in the Stars.

Post by Alfred on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:20 am

First things first, this is an OTK. And by the sound of it all it does is make Starchasers a powerful deck. If it can be done with a single Knight (i.e. all you have to do is get Knight out, then the OTK works by itself), then it's broken. If it requires lucky drawing then it's balanced.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanm7 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:26 am

It requires KINDA lucky drawing (you need at least two Knights) but with Starchasing searching any of the components from your deck, it's easy to perform. However, the nerfing of SC Dragon will slow the OTK down.

Evanm7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down