LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcane Echos (my oh my Normal Spells!)

3 posters

Go down

Arcane Echos (my oh my Normal Spells!) Empty Arcane Echos (my oh my Normal Spells!)

Post by Anime Girl References Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:12 am

|Arcane Echo of the Erratic Force|XXX|XXX|Spell Card|Spell|Normal||||Your opponent reveals all Monster cards they have in their hand. Select 1 revealed monster from your opponent's hand and force the Normal Summon or set of that monster. If the selected monster is Level 5 or higher, you can choose which monsters to Tribute. When this card resolves successfully, you can add 1 "Arcane Echo" Spell card from your deck to your hand.|

|Arcane Echo of Trepidation|XXX|XXX|Spell Card|Spell|Normal||||Select 1 monster your opponent controls. Special Summon 1 Mimic Token to your side of the field with the same ATK, DEF, Level Stars, Type, Attribute and Effect(s) of the selected monster. When this card resolves successfully, you can add 1 "Arcane Echo" Spell card from your deck to your hand.|

|Arcane Echo of Soul Scattering|XXX|XXX|Spell Card|Spell|Normal||||Pay 1000 Life Points. Shuffle 1 monster your opponent controls into their deck. When this card resolves successfully, you can add 1 "Arcane Echo" Spell card from your deck to your hand.|

Last edited by Darkest Hour on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Arcane Echos (my oh my Normal Spells!) Empty Re: Arcane Echos (my oh my Normal Spells!)

Post by Seattleite Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:22 am

Frighteningly fast... at least transcending curses had a 1 turn wait, with this you just mill your entire deck out Neutral How do you justify this? And you posted Trepidation and Absolution twice.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Arcane Echos (my oh my Normal Spells!) Empty Re: Arcane Echos (my oh my Normal Spells!)

Post by Anime Girl References Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Okay, well i removed the superfluous cards that were too strong, and am here to explain the following:

The arcane echos are a smaller theme based around monster control.

You use Erratic Force to see your opponent's monsters, and select which one you want to send out. You can plan accordingly now that you know what they have, and what monster comes out. Normally I wanted this to be quickplay so you can take your opponent's Normal Summon away from them, but then I decided against it because it's too powerful, and kept it to your turn instead, so you use your own Normal Summon to force out their monster, which means that you'll have to Special Summon your own monsters. You can force the opponent to summon their stronger monsters first so you can get rid of them quickly, or even send out a hand-effect monster so you can destroy it by battle, and see the opponent's Nox or Strix before they use it.

With Trepidation, you can make a clone of an opponents monster and use it for your own. Since it's a token, it doesn't go anywhere when it's destroyed, it just vanishes, so it can't be revived or returned back to the field. It doesn't have a name, so that means name based archetype effects are useless with it, and if the opponent is running different cards than you, the effects and things you copy may ultimately be useless. It makes for a good defense, because most decks are not built to fight against themselves, and having to fight a key monster of their own deck may be their undoing. If you save it when the opponent summons their biggest monster, you can send this out and get a copy of it for yourself, to either grab the win or to hold the opponent back long enough to get another card.

With Soul Scattering, you can banish an opponent's monster temporarily, just to get it out of the way for a turn. They get it back after your turn is over. However, you can use this with Erratic force to fill up your opponent's field, and if there is no room on their side of the field, it doesn't come back. It takes a bit of effort, but you can remove a card from the game for good instead of temporarily with this effect.

The effect process usually goes like so: Use Erratic Force to force your opponent to send out a monster, make a clone of it with Trepidation, and remove it for a turn with Soul Scattering. While you fill up the opponent's field faster, you get a clone of their monster and a possible direct attack or relief from a control effect while you are at it.

You can also use one Erratic Force, 3 Trepidations and get 1 Soul Scatter back, which gives you 3 clones and one remove, although doing that at the wrong time wastes all of your trepidations and may lead to an unfortunate disadvantage when your opponent comes back from it.

You can also use all 3 Soul Scatters at once to wipe the field for a turn, but have the opponent's monsters come back.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:44 pm

it quite interesting imo and you're right it need to do a timing of course. i can see quite a playability on this.
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum