LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hermes's True Awakening

3 posters

Go down

Hermes's True Awakening Empty Hermes's True Awakening

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Last edited by Scheath666 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:58 pm; edited 16 times in total
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Hermes's True Awakening Empty Re: Hermes's True Awakening

Post by Seattleite Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Wow... there is nothing more to say to the deck that handed my butt to me.

But didn't you use some copies of Orpheus?
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Seattleite wrote:Wow... there is nothing more to say to the deck that handed my butt to me.

But didn't you use some copies of Orpheus?

indeed i missed it
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 am

Assuming this is what you ran against me, there's a few things, starting with what may need to go:

Eternal Spirit - So it's Spirit support, but I'm not seeing why it would be useful here. Perhaps run an extra Soul Castle over 1, and give the extra slot to... something better. Or at least something that won't be dead when you have Soul Castle/All Hallows out, and begin making your larger plays.

Thanatos - Now, perhaps it's just me, but this thing just looks soo dead. I get that Hermes, SDC, Soul Castle, etc. can make summoning it fairly simple, but... urgh. Losing the advantage you just gained seems detrimental, considering other plays you could make, and the other cards whose costs are more worthwhile.

Paper Crane - I think you are running too many copies personally, and would suggest running 2 at the very most.

Natural Spell - Looks very dead-draw to me, perhaps neg 1-2?

Transcending Curse of Bonelock - While a good card in it's own right, I find it outclassed by Forced Slumber, and with a need for more defensive options, this looks to be the card that may have to be sacrificed to make room. 2 copies may have to go, for the sake of broader defensive capabilities.

So, what I would have done is:

-2 Eternal Spirit
-1 Thanatos
-2 Paper Crane
-2 Natural Spell
-2 T.C. of Bonelock

Now there's a few things I've thought of about the Deck, the main being that there is very little to ensure that the larger plays go through, aside from perhaps the protection of Stabilization Dome or even T. Curse of Forced Slumber. I'd recommend 2 Swift Storm - having seen what the deck is capable of, and potentially better than I've seen, the big monsters, and the big plays need to get on the field unscathed.

Now, I don't know how much people run it, but I think Wildfire Viper may be a great card for the deck. Serves as a way to search Hermes, and with a nice effect of it's own. I'd at least test 2, if it isn't great there's a lot of other options. I must say, the idea of Hermes and Viper into Llorona, followed by grabbing another Hermes in the End Phase seems pretty good to me, and All Hallows makes a move like that look incredibly strong.

Add another Forced Slumber. An absolute staple.

As for other Traps, I would try 2 Mirror Shot/Hostile Negotiation. It comes down to preference mainly, but I feel this deck could retain advantage well enough to make better use of Mirror Shot

Finally, more consistency wouldn't go amiss - Ampule, serves as a way of searching Orpheus/Serpent/Medea. Whichever would suit the purpose at the time. 2 Ampule's with 6 targets looks good.

If you've implemented all my recommended changes, that should be 40. If you can find the space, I would further recommend Scrap Confusion.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:20 pm

- Thanatos
-3 bonelocks

+ 2 Savior Soldier
+ 2 Armor Leprosy

side deck changed,

extrad deck changed
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight