Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name

Go down

Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name Empty Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name

Post by Seattleite on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:06 am

Cendrillion Tarhunt
Thunder | FIRE | Level 4
This card can be Normal Summoned during the Standby Phase. This card cannot be Normal Summoned during the Main Phase 1. Once per turn during either player's Standby Phase, you can destroy this card: Destroy monster in your Deck and 1 card on your opponent's side of the field.
[ 1900 / 100 ]

Cendrillion Tarhunt? What?
The closest I could find for "Cendrillion" is "Cendrillon" which is french for... Cinderella.
"Tarhunt" is maybe a variation for the name of an Ancient Mesopotamian God. Well, whatever.

But the card effect is amazing. You normal summon it during your Standby Phase, which is not really a big problem. But it allows you to use its other effect IMMEDIATELY, which, if you're fine with using up your Normal Summon, is like Raigeki Break + Foolish Burial in one.

But it gets better! It DESTROYS a monster from the deck. So that means you can do stuff like this:

- Pyrrhic Crusader - Dark Hole-like effect with damage
- Sea-Bound Dogfish - Chance to summon more copies of itself and Sea-Bound Lemming
- Intensifying Flame - Sangan-like Effect
- Harpy with a Darkened Heart - Summon a Lv 6 or lower Winged Beast from your deck.
- Large Mouth Bass - Swarm the field with Fish
- Overgrown Gateguard - Destroy 1 Face-Down card
- DJ of the Nether - Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card
- Volcanic Tarrasque - 1800 damage to both players and Summon 1 Reptile from your Graveyard
- Splaserpent - Remove a card from the opponent's hand and Summon a serpent from your Deck
- Pryderi - Banish all Level 5 and higher monsters from the opponent's Grave

Thunder decks will especially love using Galvanic Soul Deity to trigger two of these Foolish / Raigeki Break combos.

The only problem is how the hell am I supposed to find an image for this card?

BEES:
Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name Oprahs-Bees
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name Empty Re: Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name

Post by Anime Girl References on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 am

Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name Tumblr_m6rxptlQvt1qk58l7_zpsb0c725e1

Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name Empty Re: Cendrillion Tarhunt : A good card with a bad name

Post by Seattleite on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:56 am

Touche.

BEES:
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illgresi on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 pm

'Cendrier' means 'ashtray', which might explain its Attribute. Perhaps the last part just refers to a lion itself?
Illgresi
Illgresi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:31 am

Now this is a good looking card that I've checked out a few times, but the main thing with the destroy from deck thing is: how do I justify playing this if the card I can be destroying in deck is simply such a bad card to draw?

Tarrasque is an awful card to draw because its usual Summoning Condition is so difficult to meet.
Pryderi by nature of being a Tribute Summon monster can be obscenely difficult to get out of your hand, as are Pyrrhic Crusader, Splaserpent, Dogfish and Large Mouth Bass. 

In the cases of Dogfish, serpent and Bass you must also consider how much cards in your Deck you have to dedicate to running their separate engines and support which for the most part will also not apply to Tarhunt and will at times give you inconsistencies and borderline unplayable hands.

If you do run this card, it really ought to be for the destroy+foolish as finding gimmicky ideas to run this card alongside gives you so much potential to backfire.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 am

I'll make a way to abuse this. Or find one.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:05 am

Ash wrote:
If you do run this card, it really ought to be for the destroy+foolish as finding gimmicky ideas to run this card alongside gives you so much potential to backfire.
Oh, I totally agree. No reason to make a deck based around one gimmick. I just mean this card could be used in many decks, and the destroy from deck effect is what makes it so unique. Run it in Fish alongside Large Mouth Bass, run in serpents alongside... pretty much every monster of that archetype.

BEES:
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illgresi on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:01 am

Cendrillion Tarhunt destroys Intensifying Flame in the Deck = monster search
Illgresi
Illgresi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down