LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealed Deck Tournament

4 posters

Go down

Sealed Deck Tournament Empty Sealed Deck Tournament

Post by Ash Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Now, I know we have a really, really shitty track record when it comes to tournaments.

But, seeing the League progress quite nicely has given me some hope that this can work. If you've played Sealed before, you know how it works. If not the basics is, there's 1 pack of cards in which generic-ish cards are placed. Each player is allocated a random selection of these cards to construct a deck from and use.

Now, if we were to do such a thing, would you prefer a Battle Pack sort of Sealed, in which pre-existing cards are grouped and you use them - or create a specific bunch of cards for the purpose of a Sealed Format. Also, preferred method of Tournament (Single/Double Elimination/Swiss).
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Sealed Deck Tournament Empty Re: Sealed Deck Tournament

Post by DIGITAL Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:06 pm

since next set has a theme we might be able to pull off including only next sets cards for this tourney, i also think double elimination sounds good
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:13 pm

do you need me to make some kind of pack-puller program? Or can you do that in MSE?
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:19 pm

MSE does work but i think making a program that can take our yvd.set and make packs from that, it would be easier/faster/better (expecially one that can filter our specific things like sets or card types, like saying, each pack holds 3 spells/traps and 2 monsters and only from the ACRD set) etc.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:45 pm

well the problem with trying it with dodm was that a) archetypes and b) restrictive in general, seeing as how there weren't a range of decent generic options

it could be tried for departure for dusk, but it would require (imo) very bare basic generics for it to be used for sealed format.

personally i think it would be better to draft existing semi-staple stuff into a pack since there are much more options and the card base is much more diverse. that would allow for a huge variety of deck-types, unlike one done with a 2-3 archetype set which would be pretty linear.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:29 pm

I can make good generic S/Ts for this set depending on the needs for it.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:50 am

bump
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content