Gravity Golem/Manipulator

Go down

Gravity Golem/Manipulator Empty Gravity Golem/Manipulator

Post by AsianGuy1137 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 am

I considered nerfing this card because of the semi-loop it could make with Gravity Manipulator to constantly maintain field presence without losing any advantage, but I wanted to give it a few tries before deciding. So yesterday, I finally got around to playtesting the Gravity cards, and this specific interaction is what breaks them. Manipulator, on the other hand, is an excellent enabler, but I feel that it itself is not the cause of the problem. It does, however, present a problem by being able to toolbox any Gravity card from the deck which is just too much. So in order to maintain balance, I suggest changing the effect of the specific cards to:

Gravity Golem:

Effect: You can banish 1 "Gravity" monster you control to Special Summon this card from your hand. During each of your Standby Phases: Increase this card?s Level by 2 for each monster you control. If a "Gravity" monster you control would be destroyed: You can decrease this card's Level by 4 instead. If this card is destroyed: Banish it and add 1 of your banished "Gravity" monsters to your hand.

- Doing so would prevent the aforementioned interaction from occurring. The second change is to allow Golem to save itself from destruction so that you aren't at a -1 for bringing it out and letting it get destroyed by say Scrap Destruction.

Gravity Manipulator

Effect: When this card is Summoned: Switch it to Defense Position and add 1 "Gravity" monster except "Gravity Manipulator" from your Deck to your hand. During each of your Standby Phases: Increase the Level of 1 face-up monster you control by 2. If this card is destroyed: Banish it.

- Doing so prevents Manipulator from being a toolbox whilst still being a relevant card to have.

Also, I've noticed that most of the Gravity cards, if not all of them, which refer to "Gravity" cards specifically in their effects have question marks around Gravity instead of quotation marks which is just awkward to read. That needs to be changed.

Remember kids, homework fights illiteracy, and fighting illiteracy prevents people from joining gangs and committing crimes. Ergo, doing homework makes you Batman. This, my friends, is the Batman Theorem of Vector Calculus.
AsianGuy1137
AsianGuy1137

Back to top Go down

Gravity Golem/Manipulator Empty Re: Gravity Golem/Manipulator

Post by Ash on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 am

my favourite part of gravity was the tutorable pot of greed though :V
agree to both though

i've had the question marks too but for quite a lot of cards. might be a yvd error rather than an error of ours.

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum