LCCG Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do we have so much shitty traps?

5 posters

Go down

Why do we have so much shitty traps? Empty Why do we have so much shitty traps?

Post by Ash Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Frsrs.

Outside Type or Archetype decks, there is a very small amount of usable traps, meaning very little opportunity for variety in trap line-ups. I look at my decks and wonder why they all seem to have the same trap line-up. Then I look at my other options and think ARGH SHIT MY EYES BLEED.

God damn.

List of good Non-Attr/Type/Archetype/Theme focused traps that you can add to almost any deck:

Acid Spark
Flash Grenade (No, this does not mean it's anywhere near staple)
Gift from Diabolus
Hostile Negotiation
Isis' Last Wish
Scrap Confusion
Soul Spark Attack
Transcending Curse of (Armor Leprosy/Facetwisting/the Rotting Eyes)
Trick Question
Twister of Rejection

Yes, of 197 Traps, roughly 12 can be safely added to most decks. Then you have to consider card similarities, Acid Spark vs Hostile - I would usually take Hostile as it can force opponents into ditching cards, and does not require LP to be paid. Scrap Confusion vs Twister - I wouldn't play the the two together, I'd pick based on if my deck was worried more about opponents SS's or NS's. 12 quickly becomes much smaller.

We need a much more adaptive range of Traps, being forced into running the same trap line-up for near every deck does not promote a diverse meta-game when you consider that if a few decks can play well against these Traps, they will usually overcome decks that use them. However, if we have more variety in good Traps, you can make much better choices suited towards your decks weaknesses, and actually make them in bulk. If your deck has a poor match-up to say - Mezzo (a deck that routinely searches their combo cards and SS's big time) then why are you not allowed a larger range of Traps that will combat that type of deck?

tl;dr STOP BEING AFRAID OF MAKING GOOD TRAPS BECAUSE FUCK RUNNING THE SAME TRAPS IN EVERY DECK GAWD

Last edited by Ash on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Why do we have so much shitty traps? Empty Re: Why do we have so much shitty traps?

Post by Leo Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 pm

congrats on 500 posts.

Troll Face
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Why do we have so much shitty traps? Empty Re: Why do we have so much shitty traps?

Post by Ash Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:07 am

ok cool
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:29 am

Tbh I'd have to say I agree, we do need better traps.
ALiCE'S EMOTiON
ALiCE'S EMOTiON

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:25 am

But you're not asking for more good traps, you're asking for more good, generic traps.

Which I agree.

But it seems most of your decks have the generic kind, so maybe we should make some truly awesome Type / Attribute / Archetype cards? just a thought
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 am

i agree that we need more good ones, because while making the decks, the trap line is almost no brainer.
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down