So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set Empty So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set

Post by Anime Girl References on Sat May 26, 2012 2:58 pm

I was thinking, as a way to expand ourselves, and get the best use out of the league, that we have little perks and "missions" as they would be called, to earning yourself a little more cards by contributing to things.

Such as, adding pages to the Wiki and what not. Since that thing has been there for awhile, and very few people care to edit it, maybe we can have bonuses for delicately adding tips pages and what not?

Remember, most people on YCM don't have the attention span to load our entire set file into theirs to get a preview of what we use and play with, and I haven't found another ccg wikia as good as ours, so we should expand on it a lot more, since it's one of the best ways to display what we have, and it's a lot more interesting to read through than some giant YVDified list of card names and stats.

Perhaps, for every 10 cards we add images to (there are around 950 cards without images still) or every 10 Tips pages we add for different cards etc, that we get 1 extra slot for the next set.

So the more you contribute to the League, the more you can put into it.

Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

http://www.itjustbugsme.com

Back to top Go down

So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set Empty Re: So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set

Post by Seattleite on Sat May 26, 2012 3:07 pm

I like the idea. We could make it easier so the template we use for cards defaults the image to the card name. That way, as soon as you upload the jpg file, it will appear on the card page (if you give it the right name).

Of course this would replace the card back image (which is the default for cards without images), but since this is great motivation for image suppliers it wouldn't be much of a drawback at all.

10 Images / Card Tips seems good. Maybe make it so that an image and tip for the same card only counts as 1 (since everyone knows their own cards best and has images for them, it would be too easy)
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

http://duelportal.tk

Back to top Go down

So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set Empty Re: So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set

Post by Anime Girl References on Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm

I just now noticed I was an Admin on the CCGwiki. Who promoted me? Razz

Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite on Sat May 26, 2012 3:36 pm

I did Smile
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight on Sat May 26, 2012 4:05 pm

getting a lot of image for cards is trully easier said than done Razz

but for tips is easier done than said (joke intended)

"We learn to do something by doing it. There is no other way."
"If life’s journey be endless where is its goal? The answer is, it is everywhere."
"The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality and, instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are."
"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt."
"Sarcasm: the last refuge of the modest people when the privacy of the soul is intrusively invaded."
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
"While we are postponing, life speeds by."
"Defeatism is the wretchedest of policies."
"Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go–it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow."
"Although the world is full of suffering it is also full of the overcoming of it."
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Sat May 26, 2012 4:51 pm

One thing our wiki needs is a Navigation box that leads to all the different parts of the card, so you have access to it's Main Page, Tips, Erratas and Trivias without having to press back.

So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set 21eq2wx
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquamarius on Sat May 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Supporting this idea SO HARD.
Aquamarius
Aquamarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Sun May 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Why am I the only one editting the wiki at the moment? Don't any of you care to show off your cards with savvy wiki stuff?

Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL on Mon May 28, 2012 6:03 am

someone teach me how to use the wiki?
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight on Mon May 28, 2012 6:26 am

Well all the cards are updated atm unles you want to do card tips or rulings of your cards just add a page with "add a page" button on the main page and go for blank format.

"If life’s journey be endless where is its goal? The answer is, it is everywhere."
"The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality and, instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are."
"Sarcasm: the last refuge of the modest people when the privacy of the soul is intrusively invaded."
"Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go–it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow."
"Although the world is full of suffering it is also full of the overcoming of it."
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL on Mon May 28, 2012 6:29 am

I think I'm going to make a "Cool Looking Combos" Page lol
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly on Mon May 28, 2012 7:19 am

I didn't get a wikia account yet...

but I added my angel page.
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon May 28, 2012 7:44 am

Here is a list of cards without images. If anyone feels like adding more images to said cards and earning themselves more card slots, feel free to.

There are currently 1400+ missing images.
http://yugiohccg.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Cards_without_images
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight on Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 am

holly crap 1421 cards missing images which mean only 79 cards HAVE images.... that's bad alright.

CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight
CNo.101 S.H.Death Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Mon May 28, 2012 9:45 am

Well I'm doing my part to make cards with images.

It's just a matter of....do I make images for cards that are going to be errata'd? Since then their original text will change and will merit a remake of the card image?

Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite on Mon May 28, 2012 10:18 am

The images for errata'd cards won't matter. Since we are using the images for YVD, and it only uses the center image of the card. Smile
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Thu May 31, 2012 11:42 am

48 Images added.
38 Card Tips added.

New Template ADDED!

So, Let's talk about earning extra card slots in the next set Mlqcs5

http://yugiohccg.wikia.com/wiki/Template:ROPE

If your cards aren't on there feel free to edit them into the appropriate category with the link above. When you edit your cards, go to "Source mode" and type {{ROPE}} in an empty space, and you should get the ROPE navigation menu to pop up below it.

Last edited by Darkest Hour on Thu May 31, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Thu May 31, 2012 6:30 pm

Remember to add the "Card Tips" category to the bottom of the Card Tips page you edit if it's not already there that way other Tips from related cards are also brought up.

Sea, do you know how to make it automatically add "Card Tips" as a category when a Card Tips page is editted or added? I'm playing with the templates but no fruitful things have risen up.
Anime Girl References
Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by ALiCE'S EMOTiON on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 am

So the 56+ card images that I have are needed.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:17 pm

....Darkest Hour, you are a fudging wizard. That template is awesome :O

Darkest Hour wrote:Sea, do you know how to make it automatically add "Card Tips" as a category when a Card Tips page is editted or added? I'm playing with the templates but no fruitful things have risen up.

Hmm I don't know right off, but if there was a way it would probably be through a Template (which might take longer anyway...)

WereLord wrote:So the 56+ card images that I have are needed.......

YES! Very Happy
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 pm

the much needed praise and acknowledgement I needed. Thank you.

Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by Seattleite on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:03 am

Darkest Hour wrote:

the much needed praise and acknowledgement I needed. Thank you.

Very Happy

I'm going to make a program to generate this code for all the Sets we have.
Seattleite
Seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:55 pm

does changing 10 or so cards that have the wrong name written under user (Dtwrules instead of dtwrules) so that they are written under the correcct "Made By" Page? (Made by dtwrules)
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Anime Girl References on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:55 am

Yup they count for extra slots too.

Anime Girl References

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:57 am

okeh i deserve 1 free slot then! Razz I changed 11 or so of the messed up card names.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum